Trip Report **COMPLETED** The Tail of Slinky Dog

Hey everyone!
We have been back for a week now so I suppose it is time to start our TR!

Who
Just my Mom and I :) (Mary and Megan)
This is a picture from our last trip!
IMG_6554.JPG

When?
July 9-July 16 2018

Why?
To celebrate my 30th Birthday :)

Where?
The Grand Floridian :) - thanks to a pretty good bounce back or AP deal (I can't actually remember which one :joyfull: )

The title?
We are obsessed with Slinky Dog Dash - plain and simple :inlove:

Day 1 July 9, 2018
I had to work most of my usual day before we headed to the airport. Why is this day of work always the LONGEST day of work? o_O
My Dad was actually out of town for work so he couldn't drive us to the airport, but my brother in law Nick kindly offered to drive us (thankfully) :)
I was super stressed about leaving on time (I thought our flight was earlier than it was :banghead: ) hence my flushed cheeks :joyfull:
DSC_9825.JPG

Oh hey Nick
DSC_9826.jpg

Of course we made it to the airport, checked our bags and made it through security in little to no time :joyfull:
We decided to eat dinner at our usual airport dinner place - Anchor Bar :)
DSC_9828.JPG

DSC_9830.JPG

DSC_9835.JPG

We shared the appetizer sampler and some fries. Wings, boneless wings, mozzarella sticks :happy::hungry: I realize now this isn't the best of pictures to actually show the food :joyfull:
DSC_9836.JPG

DSC_9837.JPG

After our delicious dinner we headed to the gate to wait to leave.
Petey was ready to go :)
DSC_9840.JPG

Soon enough we were on the plane!
DSC_9842.JPG

Next up: finishing Day 1 (quick day!)

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
It just looks so sad and empty! :cry: I can't wait till there is some life in this area again.

THAT.IS.SO.COOL. I hadn't heard that from anyone else yet. It's all in the details!

O.M.G...what I wouldn't give for something like this RIGHT NOW HAHA. **drool**. My pregnancy senses and tingling! Sorry to hear that you didn't like BnC, we really enjoy it and try to make it there every trip (even just for a dessert). I will admit that we've been going here since I was a little kid, so I do agree that there is a nostalgia factor involved for me personally.

OMG I MISSED THAT!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!! :inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:

MeeskaMooska0714

I'm finally all caught up! Happy late birthday and congratulations on the house! That little porch looks super cute :)

I'm glad TSL was even better than you expected it to be....can't wait until I get to visit!

slipperalwaysfits

That ornament is BEAUTIFUL!!!! Where did your mom have it custom made? Too bad you didn't love Beaches and Cream. I think for a lot of people it's the theme they enjoy, although I've always found the food delish, but I'm a burgers/sandwitches kind of girl anyway. Your TOWEL ANIMALS are adorable!! Did you put the Minnie ears on her? :geek::geek::geek: How cute!
That bus announcement....would drive me INSANE!!!o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O:banghead::banghead::banghead:
I wonder what you end up doing tomorrow?!

Songbird76

Day 2 continued
Rest of the pool photos
View attachment 298630
Best thing about zero entry pools - just laying in the water :)
View attachment 298631
At some point we went back to the room and unpacked out stuff. I also happened to put on a robe apparently :joyfull:
View attachment 298633
Anyway, we can not ever sit still so we headed to Magic Kingdom
View attachment 298634
View attachment 298635
View attachment 298639
View attachment 298636
View attachment 298637
View attachment 298638
Apparently we just took a bunch of PP pictures :)
The CM said it was my Birthday present to get a solo picture with Tinkerbelle :joyfull:
View attachment 298640

Next up: more MK
OMG, that's the cutest PP picture ever!! Love it!!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Hey that's HUGE!!! Congratulations!!

Thank you!

Henna has a special treatment to it when used in humid places, and you really have to leave the top layer on for hours and hours if you want the stain to last. I think they're really cute, but definitely not worth $30! A whole bag of henna and everything needed to prepare it costs less than half.

bahaha they told us to keep it on for an hour then we can go swimming :joyfull:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
I'm late to the party but i'm in! Congratulations on the new home and the big birthday :) I hit the big 3 0 in March and i've already started freaking out about it!

Thank you! Turning 30 really didn't bother me actually :)

I'm new to reading the trip reports but I'm loving yours. And I'm from Buffalo too!

Awesome!!! Go Bills!! Thanks for reading and welcome!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
I'm all caught up! Is it bad that when I catch a report this late in the game, I'm secretly hoping it's been completed?? :hilarious::hilarious:
It just looks so sad and empty! :cry: I can't wait till there is some life in this area again.

THAT.IS.SO.COOL. I hadn't heard that from anyone else yet. It's all in the details!

O.M.G...what I wouldn't give for something like this RIGHT NOW HAHA. **drool**. My pregnancy senses and tingling! Sorry to hear that you didn't like BnC, we really enjoy it and try to make it there every trip (even just for a dessert). I will admit that we've been going here since I was a little kid, so I do agree that there is a nostalgia factor involved for me personally.

LOL clearly I am not even close to completing it :)
Thanks for reading!!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
I'm finally all caught up! Happy late birthday and congratulations on the house! That little porch looks super cute :)

I'm glad TSL was even better than you expected it to be....can't wait until I get to visit!

Thank you! And thank you for reading!!

At homecomin', you and your mom sat at the exact same table that my mom & I sat at back in May :joyfull:

bahaha its reserved for Buffalo people :)

Doc Disney

Original Poster
I love that ornament that your mom gave you! It is incredibly thoughtful (as we moms can be;)) and very sweet, as every year you take it out you will think of your super fun 30th birthday trip!! :) Your mom is so awesome!

Thank you! I love it too it was the perfect idea!

That ornament is BEAUTIFUL!!!! Where did your mom have it custom made? Too bad you didn't love Beaches and Cream. I think for a lot of people it's the theme they enjoy, although I've always found the food delish, but I'm a burgers/sandwitches kind of girl anyway. Your TOWEL ANIMALS are adorable!! Did you put the Minnie ears on her? :geek::geek::geek: How cute!
That bus announcement....would drive me INSANE!!!o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O:banghead::banghead::banghead:
I wonder what you end up doing tomorrow?!

She had it made at Disney's Days of Disney in Disney Springs! The Mousekeeper put the ears on :joyfull:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 4 July 12, 2018
We got up around 7 and had some breakfast at Gasparilla Grill.
We ended up taking a Lyft to Epcot because we were too lazy to transfer monorails. Our driver was a bit weird. He was driving around with a huge pile of cash in his dashboard which is odd since with Lyft/Uber you dont even need to exchange cash. He also offered to give us his phone number so we could call him to take us home. No thanks!
DSC_0134.JPG

We made it about 20 minutes after opening and decided to go to Frozen since it was still a short wait. We ran into a huge tour group along the way and walked very quickly so we could pass them :joyfull:
Turns out they were actually just going to Akershus :hilarious:
DSC_0136.JPG

It was dead inside so we only waited like 10 minutes! Woohoo!
PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_412418206842.jpg

Soarin' was still listed as a short wait so we headed over there next.
DSC_0139.JPG

DSC_0145.JPG

This sign ended up causing trouble. There were 2 kids behind us who started to freak out and one even held up loading the ride while she refused to even go in the loading area :in pain:
DSC_0148.jpg

IMG_7645.JPG

IMG_7646.JPG

IMG_7647.JPG

IMG_7648.JPG

Next up: Day 4 continued

susan lees

I regularly get heartburn and couldn't do my Disney trips without a stock of ranitidine. We can only buy small packs of 75mg in UK so when in the US I buy lots of 150mg packs to take back home.

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 4 continued
After Soarin' we headed to Living With the Land
A family proceeded to cut us off in line only to end up in the same boat as us :joyfull:
The little girl in front of us then proceeded to call everything "massive" which kept making us laugh and then we started calling everything massive the rest of the day :)
DSC_0150.JPG

DSC_0152.JPG

DSC_0153.JPG

DSC_0154.JPG

DSC_0155.JPG

DSC_0157.JPG

We headed to test Track after this to do our FP
DSC_0160.JPG

DSC_0161.JPG

What a beauty!
DSC_0163.jpg

There was some weird breakdown that kept happening so we waited for a long time before finally riding!
Our ride photo didn't show up but I do have the Photo Booth thing we made after the ride :)
PhotoPass_Visiting_WDWRESORTSANDMORE_8248395533.jpeg

Next up: more Epcot

Doc Disney

Original Poster
We had an Uber once with “cash on the dash.” Woody said it was a not-so-subtle reminder to tip (preferably IN CASH).

Well - he did not get any cash :joyfull: I always tip on the app I barely ever carry cash !

I regularly get heartburn and couldn't do my Disney trips without a stock of ranitidine. We can only buy small packs of 75mg in UK so when in the US I buy lots of 150mg packs to take back home.

Oh man I bring everything I can think of with me on trips. I tried all of my medications and NOTHING was touching my heartburn. It was so bad!

susan lees

Well - he did not get any cash :joyfull: I always tip on the app I barely ever carry cash !

Oh man I bring everything I can think of with me on trips. I tried all of my medications and NOTHING was touching my heartburn. It was so bad!
Nightmare. That has happened to me a few times probably because of change in diet and more alcohol than normal. Usually my body takes a few days to adjust😮

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom