Trip Report **COMPLETED** The Tail of Slinky Dog

Hey everyone!
We have been back for a week now so I suppose it is time to start our TR!

Who
Just my Mom and I :) (Mary and Megan)
This is a picture from our last trip!
IMG_6554.JPG

When?
July 9-July 16 2018

Why?
To celebrate my 30th Birthday :)

Where?
The Grand Floridian :) - thanks to a pretty good bounce back or AP deal (I can't actually remember which one :joyfull: )

The title?
We are obsessed with Slinky Dog Dash - plain and simple :inlove:

Day 1 July 9, 2018
I had to work most of my usual day before we headed to the airport. Why is this day of work always the LONGEST day of work? o_O
My Dad was actually out of town for work so he couldn't drive us to the airport, but my brother in law Nick kindly offered to drive us (thankfully) :)
I was super stressed about leaving on time (I thought our flight was earlier than it was :banghead: ) hence my flushed cheeks :joyfull:
DSC_9825.JPG

Oh hey Nick
DSC_9826.jpg

Of course we made it to the airport, checked our bags and made it through security in little to no time :joyfull:
We decided to eat dinner at our usual airport dinner place - Anchor Bar :)
DSC_9828.JPG

DSC_9830.JPG

DSC_9835.JPG

We shared the appetizer sampler and some fries. Wings, boneless wings, mozzarella sticks :happy::hungry: I realize now this isn't the best of pictures to actually show the food :joyfull:
DSC_9836.JPG

DSC_9837.JPG

After our delicious dinner we headed to the gate to wait to leave.
Petey was ready to go :)
DSC_9840.JPG

Soon enough we were on the plane!
DSC_9842.JPG

Next up: finishing Day 1 (quick day!)

Doc Disney

Original Poster
I lucked out - my family always got dark wood furniture so everything matches LOL. The problem? I like white furniture :joyfull:

hahahah its hard to go from dark to white for sure. I prefer dark so at least I can stain it :) I just acquired a new hutch and table from my Mom's friend that I am going to refinish with chalk paint I think - will be interesting to see how it works out

So totally know what you mean about the magic bands. Ours would not let us charge or use dining credits and we were starving at DHS... had to go all the way back to the resort to fix it because they couldn’t in the park or on the phone. I was so ticked off!

OMG!!!! THATS AWFUL!!! I would have been beyond mad

Doc Disney

Original Poster
I know I've mentioned before that your mom looks like a younger version of mine, but I just showed one of your TR pictures to my niece and she asked if it was a picture of her grandmother when she was younger! Congrats on your birthday and your house. Can't wait to read about more of your Disney adventures 😀

Oh wow!!!! Thats crazy! Dopplegangers :joyfull:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
A few more Pandora pictures
DSC_9961.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_412389803655.JPG

We were getting pretty hot so we decided to have some lunch and head out. We decided to go to Rainforest Cafe :)
DSC_9964.jpg

DSC_9967.jpg

We always sit at the bar so there was no wait!
IMG_7523.JPG

IMG_7524.JPG

We decided to split the Beef Lava Nachos. I always crave nachos and at home I have been eating clean so I was happy to have some junk food :)
DSC_9966.jpg

They were super good!
After our lunch we headed out and to the bus stop!
Cool Incredibles bus!
DSC_9968.jpg

We had a short wait and a pretty uneventful bus ride home (except for the bus driving literally standing up and yelling at a guy who walked in the back door :joyfull: ) and soon enough we were back at the Grand Floridian!
My Mom wanted a cupcake so we stopped at Gasparilla Grill and chose one to share.
IMG_7528.JPG

How cute is that cupcake?!

Next up: a Disney surprise!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
IMG_7530.JPG

I see you castle!
IMG_7531.JPG

IMG_7532.JPG

We finally headed up to the room and I discovered a Birthday surprise from my Mom! I love Disney popcorn so this was the perfect gift!!!
DSC_9975.JPG

IMG_7534.JPG

We also got the first of many towel animals :)
DSC_9978.JPG

We headed down to the pool for some relaxation time :)
My Mom sent this picture to her coworkers :joyfull:
IMG_7553.JPG

IMG_7554.JPG

IMG_7556.JPG

DSCF2542.JPG

Next up: probably a bit more pool time :)

slipperalwaysfits

Congrats on the house!! How exciting! We are buying a new-construction home this year. We've put money down and are just waiting for them to start construction, which I hope is SOON!:jawdrop:

I'm glad you and your mom got a special trip with an amazing hotel!

I have no shame in my overpacking game :joyfull:

As for us, we tend to pack our big suitcase with our little one inside full of clothes, etc. So the big one should allow us space to bring back everything we buy! And we always buy waaaayyyy tooo much, mostly gifts, etc!

Animal Kingdom on Day 1!!! Lucky for a near-empty safari line! So glad you got NRJ! I agree with you, I wouldn't wait very long for NRJ. FOP on the other hand....:banghead::banghead::geek::geek:

Looking forward to seeing what's next for you!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
Rest of the pool photos
DSCF2541.JPG

Best thing about zero entry pools - just laying in the water :)
file-76.jpg
At some point we went back to the room and unpacked out stuff. I also happened to put on a robe apparently :joyfull:
DSC_9984.jpg

Anyway, we can not ever sit still so we headed to Magic Kingdom
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_412395079985.JPG

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_412395080301.JPG

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_412395080315.JPG

IMG_7564.JPG

DSC_9987.JPG

DSC_9988.JPG

Apparently we just took a bunch of PP pictures :)
The CM said it was my Birthday present to get a solo picture with Tinkerbelle :joyfull:
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_412395426558.JPG

Next up: more MK

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Congrats on the house!! How exciting! We are buying a new-construction home this year. We've put money down and are just waiting for them to start construction, which I hope is SOON!:jawdrop:

I'm glad you and your mom got a special trip with an amazing hotel!

As for us, we tend to pack our big suitcase with our little one inside full of clothes, etc. So the big one should allow us space to bring back everything we buy! And we always buy waaaayyyy tooo much, mostly gifts, etc!

Animal Kingdom on Day 1!!! Lucky for a near-empty safari line! So glad you got NRJ! I agree with you, I wouldn't wait very long for NRJ. FOP on the other hand....:banghead::banghead::geek::geek:

Looking forward to seeing what's next for you!

Oh man I definitely would not have the patience to wait for a house to be built! Congratulations that is awesome! We just bring so much stuff because I tend to bring every medication I can think of hahahha Thanks for reading :)

monykalyn

Love that dress! Yay for spending a Bday at Disney! and :mad::mad: with the MB issues!
Who else is super excited for this movie?
Mixed emotions-My oldest (she will be 21 in 3 months!) loved Pooh as a baby. Like wore out a "My first Pooh bear". Still has it (and went to college with her). And now she is working at Disney (about to end her 2nd DCP). She went to Crystal Palace and of course, got a picture with Pooh - DH found a (one of many) old picture as a toddler with her pooh and posted the 2 side by side. So yes excited for movie but omg my baby is all grown up?
so I'm trying to adult. I don't like it.
Me neither. Maybe that lottery ticket will come through?
It will probably end up being mostly Disney
Congratulations on the house!!!!!! Wow! Been in our current house for 9 years. Still haven't decorated, too many projects and we keep running off for vacations lol! But I have enough Haunted Mansion stuff to do at least one room...Although I think our ghost portraits would probably scare visitors :hilarious:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_412395359531.JPG

We had a FP for Winnie the Pooh so we headed there :)
IMG_7566.JPG

IMG_7567.JPG

DSC_9991.JPG

DSC_9992.JPG

DSC_9996.JPG

Then apparently we got more PP pictures
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_412395564536.JPG

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_412395564541.JPG

DSC_9997.JPG

DSC_9999.JPG

We enjoyed our time in the MK but we decided that would be our only trip for the day. It was pretty hot and we decided we would just head back to the hotel after dinner instead of going to MK as planned :)

Next up: dinner time!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Love that dress! Yay for spending a Bday at Disney! and :mad::mad: with the MB issues!

Mixed emotions-My oldest (she will be 21 in 3 months!) loved Pooh as a baby. Like wore out a "My first Pooh bear". Still has it (and went to college with her). And now she is working at Disney (about to end her 2nd DCP). She went to Crystal Palace and of course, got a picture with Pooh - DH found a (one of many) old picture as a toddler with her pooh and posted the 2 side by side. So yes excited for movie but omg my baby is all grown up?
Me neither. Maybe that lottery ticket will come through?

Congratulations on the house!!!!!! Wow! Been in our current house for 9 years. Still haven't decorated, too many projects and we keep running off for vacations lol! But I have enough Haunted Mansion stuff to do at least one room...Although I think our ghost portraits would probably scare visitors :hilarious:

Oh my goodness. We grew up with Winnie the Pooh too its my Mom's favorite character. I will likely cry through the whole movie.:joyfull:
My house will for sure be pretty empty because I would prefer to go to Disney. :hilarious: A HM themed room sounds awesome!

DisSplash

Love that you are eating clean - and you look great, by the way! I'm trying to eat "clean-er" by substituting a salad for a lunch or a dinner, but man, the struggle so real! I cannot wait until we get to Disney next month, as I plan to enjoy whatever food looks good, "clean" or not! :)

Love that you guys tried out the henna tattoos, but you are right - not worth $30! You could have gotten a nice Pier 1 throw pillow for your new house for that amount of $$!

Gurt

well lots of things seen as im late as usual, I can't wait for Christopher Robin im crying at the trailer! Happy belated 30th Birthday, Congratulations on the house that's so exciting and lastly I love your park outfits you always great as does Mary.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom