Trip Report **COMPLETED** The Tail of Slinky Dog

Hey everyone!
We have been back for a week now so I suppose it is time to start our TR!

Who
Just my Mom and I :) (Mary and Megan)
This is a picture from our last trip!
IMG_6554.JPG

When?
July 9-July 16 2018

Why?
To celebrate my 30th Birthday :)

Where?
The Grand Floridian :) - thanks to a pretty good bounce back or AP deal (I can't actually remember which one :joyfull: )

The title?
We are obsessed with Slinky Dog Dash - plain and simple :inlove:

Day 1 July 9, 2018
I had to work most of my usual day before we headed to the airport. Why is this day of work always the LONGEST day of work? o_O
My Dad was actually out of town for work so he couldn't drive us to the airport, but my brother in law Nick kindly offered to drive us (thankfully) :)
I was super stressed about leaving on time (I thought our flight was earlier than it was :banghead: ) hence my flushed cheeks :joyfull:
DSC_9825.JPG

Oh hey Nick
DSC_9826.jpg

Of course we made it to the airport, checked our bags and made it through security in little to no time :joyfull:
We decided to eat dinner at our usual airport dinner place - Anchor Bar :)
DSC_9828.JPG

DSC_9830.JPG

DSC_9835.JPG

We shared the appetizer sampler and some fries. Wings, boneless wings, mozzarella sticks :happy::hungry: I realize now this isn't the best of pictures to actually show the food :joyfull:
DSC_9836.JPG

DSC_9837.JPG

After our delicious dinner we headed to the gate to wait to leave.
Petey was ready to go :)
DSC_9840.JPG

Soon enough we were on the plane!
DSC_9842.JPG

Next up: finishing Day 1 (quick day!)

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 4 continued
DSC_0167.jpg

Oh, I forgot! There are flowers in the Test Track restrooms! I got a lot of weird looks when I took this photo :joyfull:
IMG_7653.JPG

Our next FP was for Spaceship Earth so we headed there. It was another "slow pass" as we call it. I think we waited about 15 minutes!
DSC_0171.JPG

After our ride we decided to head out of the park since we were getting pretty hot!
Oh, but wait....of course we stopped for some PP pictures :joyfull:
PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_412420436011.JPG

PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_412420436015.JPG

PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_412420436026.JPG

We actually never made it back to Epcot so we never even went around World Showcase! Sometimes in the heat it is just too much :facepalm:
We took the monorail back home! I had to get something done for my mortgage so we didn't get off Polynesian but we actually needed to go there to get something for my sister so we walked over after I finished my phone call and paperwork.
IMG_7658.JPG

IMG_7659.JPG

IMG_7660.JPG

We picked up what we needed to and took the monorail back home because we were too hot :joyfull:
I think the monorail stopped for awhile...otherwise I am not sure why we would be making this face :)
IMG_7661.JPG

Next up: something new!

DryerLintFan

Premium Member

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 4 continued
Our destination:
IMG_7664.JPG

Afternoon Tea! I was so excited to try this out! I have been wanting to do it for forever so we figured my Birthday trip would be the right time to do it!
IMG_7665.JPG

We chose the Bedfordshire Tea which did not come with a cheese plate. I looked at pictures online before we went and the cheese plate did not seem worth the uncharge! The women next to us actually got it and it was much bigger than we saw online but we were full anyway so we made the right choice!
IMG_7666.JPG

Everyone gets to choose one type of tea. My Mom chose Enchanted Forest and I chose Zanzibar Chai. We both really enjoyed our choices!
The china was so cute! It actually looks like my Grandmother's china that we have :)
IMG_7671.JPG

DSC_0195.jpg

IMG_7673.JPG

IMG_7667.JPG

IMG_7670.JPG

They put your tea in these bags to keep it warm
DSC_0199.jpg

Next up: more tea!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 4 continued
The tea comes with "a medley" of finger sandwiches:
IMG_7678.JPG

Egg salad, cucumber sandwich, chicken curry, onion tart, goat cheese sandwich and something in the back that I actually have no idea what it was :joyfull: I was very proud of my Mom because she tried all of them except the chicken curry (because she said it looked like mustard :hilarious:). She liked all of them but the onion tart and I liked all of them! I was expecting to not like any of them so I was pleasantly surprised!
You also get a scone plate. I thought we would get one but we actually each got one!
DSC_0203.JPG

The three accompaniments were butter, raspberry jam and lemon curd. All were delicious but especially the lemon curd!
DSC_0207.JPG

Lastly, you get to choose a dessert. My Mom got the strawberries with cream.
It was beautiful! And tasty!
IMG_7676.JPG

I went with the house made pastries. This included this adorable mousse filled swan
DSC_0209.JPG

I was borderline obsessed with the swan so I forgot to take pictures of everything else. It also came with three macaroons and a chocolate covered strawberry.
You can kind of see the macaroons in this picture
IMG_7677.JPG

We were beyond full by the time we got to the dessert so we just took small bites to sample everything!
Overall we had an excellent experience! It went above and beyond what we ever expected. I had read bad review after bad review so I was not expecting much but it was delicious and very filling! We were both surprised by how much we liked it and we will definitely do it again sometime! I am glad we went with the Bedfordshire Tea. Anything else would have been a bit much for us :) Another plus: they do not rush you in the least. There was a table there before we got there and after we left and no one was pushing them out :)
Oh, and I got a rose for my Birthday :)
DSC_0210.JPG

Next up: will it rain, or won't it?

slipperalwaysfits

Yay for short waits on Frozen and Soarin'! There are a lot of foods on LwtL that are "massive" but that sounds pretty funny!

OOOOOOOOOOhhhhhhhh, the Afternoon tea looks scrumpdiddillyuptious!! What a lovely birthday treat! We had afternoon tea on our honeymoon in Victoria, Canada and it was wonderful tea and great food, too. Both your teas sound delicious! My DH would have loved the chai while I'd be drinking lots of the Enchanted Forest! :geek::geek:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Yay for short waits on Frozen and Soarin'! There are a lot of foods on LwtL that are "massive" but that sounds pretty funny!
OOOOOOOOOOhhhhhhhh, the Afternoon tea looks scrumpdiddillyuptious!! What a lovely birthday treat! We had afternoon tea on our honeymoon in Victoria, Canada and it was wonderful tea and great food, too. Both your teas sound delicious! My DH would have loved the chai while I'd be drinking lots of the Enchanted Forest! :geek::geek:

It was wonderful! I wish I had a tea around here to go to :)

You forgot to put your pinky finger up when drinking tea. ;):hilarious:

:joyfull: true

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom