Trip Report **COMPLETED** The Princess 10K (and other adventures) !

Hello everyone! We got back from Disney World yesterday and it is very cold here (and slightly depressing) so I am going to start my trip report right away!

Who?
The usuals - my Mom (Mary) and myself (Megan) - some people refer to us as the M and M's :)

Where?
Wilderness Lodge :)

When?
February 22 - 27, 2019

Why?
Well - as the title implies we went down for the Princess 10K! It was originally supposed to be both of my sisters and us but for various reasons it ended up being just the two of us :)

Day 1 February 22, 2019
Since our flight was scheduled for very early in the morning my Mom and I decided to stay at a hotel across the street from the airport. We did this once before thinking it was a good idea and again it was not. Any sleep we hoped to save by staying closer was lost due to horrible beds and loud other guests :oops:
In any case, we dragged ourselves out of bed at 3:30 AM and got ready for the airport. The breakfast at the hotel did open at 4 AM so we checked it out but there was nothing good so decided to just head on over to the airport.
We look super duper awake...

Anyway, at the airport we had some bagels then headed to our gate.
(oops sorry accidentally hit post before finishing this post)

About 10 minutes before we were supposed to board we noticed that the time for our departure changed by like 15 minutes. I did not think much of it until they made an announcement that all the computers systemwide at Southwest went down and they could not tell us when we would actually leave and could not board because they could not get a accurate weight of the plane without the computer.

I was beyond frustrated at this point as we have had many issues in the last several months with Southwest and delayed flights. Overall we were only delayed by an hour but it was still pretty annoying. This is also like the third time in two months that Southwest's computers went down . It actually happened the night before too and they canceled over 400 flights due to this and/or weather. The flight attendants more than made up for it though with their charm and witty jokes (one especially good one about Tom Brady which naturally an entire plane of Buffalo people loved).
Anyway, our flight was fairly fast which was good. I think we watched a bit of Netflix :)

FONORAIL!

Then, the usual picture...(don't worry we did not travel from freezing Buffalo in shorts we changed in the airport to help save some/aka make up some time).

Next up: some Expo fun

Last edited:

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I am hoarding all my points for a potential DLR trip :)

Are you a 1st time DVCer? Because you'll have to use those banked points by the end of the use year you banked them to, or they go poof.

Will be difficult to use out there. I believe there are only 50 DVC rooms at the Grand Californian and you'd have to wait for the 7 month window. Unless you can use points for Disneyland Hotel..... 🤔

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 5 continued
Are you a 1st time DVCer? Because you'll have to use those banked points by the end of the use year you banked them to, or they go poof.

Will be difficult to use out there. I believe there are only 50 DVC rooms at the Grand Californian and you'd have to wait for the 7 month window. Unless you can use points for Disneyland Hotel..... 🤔

I banked them already from this year - I should say I am more hopeful to use them in a potential hop over to Aulani

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 5 continued
More people mover

We checked in for the Passholder event after this

Sadly there will be no recap of this event we ended up skipping it :oops:
Apparently we rode Buzz after this

Shocker no ride photo
Then we decided to go to Monster's Inc Laugh Floor. I love this show! I feel like its so different every time just because of the audience. It was just as funny as it usually is!

Next up: more MK

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 5 continued
It started raining pretty hard at this point (and it was getting quite cold) so we slowly made our way to dinner (under cover as much as we could).
Where was dinner?
Tonny's Town Square....yep...Italian dinner number 3 in a row! I booked these reservations super far apart and it did not occur to me until closer to the trip I booked 3 in a row).
We checked in on time but waited about 25 minutes to be seated :bored:

I was thankful we were in the sun room and not outside but as usual it was still freezing in there!
Our waitress was very sweet but again I forgot her name :banghead:
Bread to start

My Mom got spaghetti and meatballs (she was super bummed there was no Baked rigatoni @Tuvalu )

And I got House-made Gnocchi Primavera

Our food was actually really hot which was a change and it was very good! That gnocchi was especially delicious!
After our dinner we headed outside and it was still pouring/cold and we were exhausted so we decided to just head back.
Bye MK :(

We headed back to the WL

Then watched fireworks the dry way from our balcony :)

Since we did not pay for the Passholder event (it was free) we were not too sad to miss it. If it wasn't raining we may have tried to stay awake but oh well!

Next up: the last day :(

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 6 February 27, 2018
We got up around 7 am, got ready and headed down to Roaring Fork
We just had a bagel and a croissant so I did not take any pictures.

We headed down to check our luggage in and ended up with a bit more time than we thought we would have. Hmm...what to do? We decided to pop over to the MK!
We were short on time so we took the bus

No one else was on the bus :joyfull:

Despite a very long bag check we still made it in time for Rope Drop

We had a FP for Dumbo so we headed over there

Next up: more MK

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 6 continued
The one CM working was like "I bet you are sad you wasted this Fast Pass" (I'm assuming because there was a very small line) and we were like well no since we are leaving for home very soon :oops:

Last ride :(

We sadly had to wander back out after this

P.S. we totally did not plan on going to the park and we were awfully hot in pants :joyfull:

I grabbed a popcorn snack and we headed along our way

There was a bus at our bus stop but it was not going to the WL so we had to wait. The bus essentially just runs back and forth between WL and MK so I was not worried about making it back in time but the wait was a bit longer than usual and we were cutting it awfully close 🤦
Thankfully a bus finally came and despite a driver change we made it back with about 15 minutes to spare for our Tragical Express

Next up: saying goodbye

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Day 5 continued
It started raining pretty hard at this point (and it was getting quite cold) so we slowly made our way to dinner (under cover as much as we could).
Where was dinner?
Tonny's Town Square....yep...Italian dinner number 3 in a row! I booked these reservations super far apart and it did not occur to me until closer to the trip I booked 3 in a row).
We checked in on time but waited about 25 minutes to be seated :bored:
View attachment 359231

I was thankful we were in the sun room and not outside but as usual it was still freezing in there!
Our waitress was very sweet but again I forgot her name :banghead:
Bread to start
View attachment 359232
My Mom got spaghetti and meatballs (she was super bummed there was no Baked rigatoni @Tuvalu )
View attachment 359233
View attachment 359235
And I got House-made Gnocchi Primavera
View attachment 359234
Our food was actually really hot which was a change and it was very good! That gnocchi was especially delicious!
After our dinner we headed outside and it was still pouring/cold and we were exhausted so we decided to just head back.
Bye MK :(
View attachment 359236
View attachment 359237
We headed back to the WL
View attachment 359238
View attachment 359239
Then watched fireworks the dry way from our balcony :)
View attachment 359240
Since we did not pay for the Passholder event (it was free) we were not too sad to miss it. If it wasn't raining we may have tried to stay awake but oh well!

Next up: the last day :(

I had signed up for the event and decided not to go for similar reasons. Glad I didn't, as I woke up the next morning with that "huh oh, I think I'm coming down with the Disney crud" feeling. By the time I got home that evening, I knew I was getting sick. Getting caught in that cold rain wouldn't have helped. I blame it on the 25,000 runners packed into my corral. 😁

Doc Disney

Original Poster
I had signed up for the event and decided not to go for similar reasons. Glad I didn't, as I woke up the next morning with that "huh oh, I think I'm coming down with the Disney crud" feeling. By the time I got home that evening, I knew I was getting sick. Getting caught in that cold rain wouldn't have helped. I blame it on the 25,000 runners packed into my corral. 😁

We came home sick as well - not bad just a small cold

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom