Trip Report *Completed!* The "pick a celebration and stick with it!" Trip Report :)

My husband and I have just returned from six wonderful days at WDW! The trip could not have gone better. I seriously did not want to leave.

I won't delve too far into the background here, because it's all in my pre-trip report here: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/because-im-driving-myself-crazy.882149/ Don't want to read all that? No problem. Here's the Reader's Digest version:

The cast:

My husband and me:
601059_10100448380134878_2125787055_n.jpg

With guest appearances by our dear friends Jason,Karissa, Neil, and Barbara (pictures of them to appear later).

The reason:

Pick one!

1) DH and I have both had weight loss surgery (the gastric sleeve, to be exact) and maintained our goal weights for over two years. For before and after pics, see the pre-trip report. He's lost over 200 pounds, and I've lost 130. We both have our health back!
2) I had been unemployed for several months and finally found a new job in January.
3) We were celebrating our 8th wedding anniversary (May 27th, but since I teach, we couldn't go anywhere until after school got out).
4) Add numbers one, two, and three, and what do you get? The go ahead to stop taking birth control, that's what! :eek:

So, yeah... this trip was a "celebrating weight loss/return to gainful employment/wedding anniversary/conceptionmoon (yes, apparently that's really a thing- I had to Google it to get the name of it) trip."

And, if the trip had had just one more drop of pixie dust, I would seriously think we were dreaming the whole time. Maybe we were...

The when, where, and how:

On May 31, we drove down to Orlando from Atlanta and spent the night with our friends Jason and Karissa. They live just outside of Orlando and were kind enough to let us crash at their place the night before our check in so that we would be refreshed for the parks the next day. On Sunday, June 1, we checked in at the Pop at eleven and stayed there until Saturday, June 7, when we drove home.

And now, let the report begin! :)

cw1982

Original Poster
I always say I will do a TR but once I return I always loose track of it. If I get a new phone this summer I may do a live report that way I know it will be done :)

BTW - I am not a girl :rolleyes: I am a male - but in a few of my posts I have referenced my ex boyfriend which likely gave the connotation I was a girl. No worries :p

Ok... now I'm thoroughly embarrassed! I should have known better than to make such an assumption. We have gotten along so well, and I have so few gay friends that I interact with regularly, that with your boyfriend remarks added to it I always just assumed. I'm sorry. Thanks for understanding. :oops::)

Last edited:

cw1982

Original Poster
I always say I will do a TR but once I return I always loose track of it. If I get a new phone this summer I may do a live report that way I know it will be done :)

BTW - I am not a girl :rolleyes: I am a male - but in a few of my posts I have referenced my ex boyfriend which likely gave the connotation I was a girl. No worries :p

Oh, and I know what you mean about losing track of the trip! Lol... I totally used my pictures to help remind me myself of what all I wanted to remember to talk about.

disney4life2008

Ok... now I'm thoroughly embarrassed! I should have known better than to make such an assumption. We have gotten along so well, and I have so few gay friends that I interact with regularly, that with your boyfriend remarks added to it I always just assumed. I'm sorry. Thanks for understanding. :oops::)

Please do not feel embarrassed - no worries at all :) I really enjoy your commentary on here :D

HouCuseChickie

Sorry to come in at the tail end of your TR. Work has been nuts and I've totally revamped my fitness routine- which pretty consumes all of my free time. It looks like you guys had a wonderful time. All of the drink pics really got be excited about all the drinking we're going to do! Also, love all of the great ride pics :)

cw1982

Original Poster
Sorry to come in at the tail end of your TR. Work has been nuts and I've totally revamped my fitness routine- which pretty consumes all of my free time. It looks like you guys had a wonderful time. All of the drink pics really got be excited about all the drinking we're going to do! Also, love all of the great ride pics :)

Oh I understand! Fitness routines can be a second full-time job sometimes lol. We did have a great time... I only wish we knew when we'd be going back!

Are you going soon? I can't wait to read about your trip as well. I love peeking into that cake thread you have going on... lol... always makes me hungry!

HouCuseChickie

Oh I understand! Fitness routines can be a second full-time job sometimes lol. We did have a great time... I only wish we knew when we'd be going back!

Are you going soon? I can't wait to read about your trip as well. I love peeking into that cake thread you have going on... lol... always makes me hungry!

Yeah- I sit here hoping DH gets home soon so I can get in at least 3 mi before the sun sets. I hate having to do a double on the elliptical! :banghead:

We won't be going until November. So, we still a ways out. Yeah- I have to avoid my own thread on most days so I don't get too hungry. I guess at least sweets aren't my #1 craving. :)

RayTheFirefly

Awesome trip report! So detailed, and it seems like you guys had a great time :). Got me re-excited about my next trip in two days with the boyfriend!

cw1982

Original Poster
Awesome trip report! So detailed, and it seems like you guys had a great time :). Got me re-excited about my next trip in two days with the boyfriend!

Thanks! :) glad you enjoyed it, but I'm super jealous that you're going to be there in two days and I'm not haha. Have fun, and I hope you do a report so we can hear all about it!

coachwnh

My husband and I have just returned from six wonderful days at WDW! The trip could not have gone better. I seriously did not want to leave.

I won't delve too far into the background here, because it's all in my pre-trip report here: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/because-im-driving-myself-crazy.882149/ Don't want to read all that? No problem. Here's the Reader's Digest version:

The cast:

My husband and me:
601059_10100448380134878_2125787055_n.jpg

With guest appearances by our dear friends Jason,Karissa, Neil, and Barbara (pictures of them to appear later).

The reason:

Pick one!

1) DH and I have both had weight loss surgery (the gastric sleeve, to be exact) and maintained our goal weights for over two years. For before and after pics, see the pre-trip report. He's lost over 200 pounds, and I've lost 130. We both have our health back!
2) I had been unemployed for several months and finally found a new job in January.
3) We were celebrating our 8th wedding anniversary (May 27th, but since I teach, we couldn't go anywhere until after school got out).
4) Add numbers one, two, and three, and what do you get? The go ahead to stop taking birth control, that's what! :eek:

So, yeah... this trip was a "celebrating weight loss/return to gainful employment/wedding anniversary/conceptionmoon (yes, apparently that's really a thing- I had to Google it to get the name of it) trip."

And, if the trip had had just one more drop of pixie dust, I would seriously think we were dreaming the whole time. Maybe we were...

The when, where, and how:

On May 31, we drove down to Orlando from Atlanta and spent the night with our friends Jason and Karissa. They live just outside of Orlando and were kind enough to let us crash at their place the night before our check in so that we would be refreshed for the parks the next day. On Sunday, June 1, we checked in at the Pop at eleven and stayed there until Saturday, June 7, when we drove home.

And now, let the report begin! :)
Some great things to celebrate! Congratulations!

coachwnh

Day 6: Part 3 :)

After Illuminations, I asked Matt what he wanted to do, and he took my hand and said, "let's get to the monorails and go use our pass!" I asked him if he wanted anything else at WS, since he had been talking about getting one more drink or some ice cream, and he said, "honestly, I can't handle it right now. Let's just plan to get a treat at the Magic Kingdom." So off we went! As with every other WDW Transportation experience of the trip, we didn't have to wait long at all, maybe five minutes, before the monorail pulled around and made its circle past Epcot. We had similar luck when we got to the TTC, and before we knew it, we were pulling through the Contemporary. As we got close to the resort, Matt commented on how we should have timed our monorail ride a little better so we could have watched Wishes from in the sky lol. When we pulled out of the Contemporary, we got stalled for a minute because the driver had to let another monorail leave the station. I looked up, and there were Fireworks going on! Not in the MK, but I'm guessing they were the HS fireworks for SWW, or maybe Fantasmic. Since it was about 9:45.

That, my friends, was my first clue that we had been slipped an extra dose of pixie dust.

We got off the monorail, left Matt's mom's horse with the gift shop at the lockers (they charge the same as a locker fee if you want to leave something with them that won't fit in a locker), and found ourselves weaving through the gridlock that is guests watching Wishes. Since we had seen it the night before, we backed out of Main Street and into Tomorrowland, where the congestion was non-existant. We took the side street just over the bridge to get back into FL, and made it to 7DMT in no time at all, considering where we were.

By 10:15, we were showing our pass to the CM's at the queue entry, and they were waiving us on through.

By 10:20, we were at the loading station, and I found myself asking the CM if we could request to sit in the back, since I had heard that was where you could really feel the swinging. She smiled, said, "of course! Just wait right over here for a minute" and kept the line moving.

By 10:25, we were getting on the ride. Matt was so funny. His comments were, "okay, baby; you've heard about the mine train. You've read about the mine train. You've watched videos about the mine train. You've made me watch videos about the mine train. And now, you're about to ride... the mine train! What are you going to do now?!?"

My response: "I'm going to Disney World... oh wait!" :hilarious:

So we got on the ride, and I felt a pang of nervousness as I watched Matt pull the u-bar down on his legs; I was remembering the thread where another poster had said that the ride was not for bigger people, and Matt, while not obese anymore, is far from small. I didn't ask him anything, though, because I didn't want to taint his views of the ride any more than I already had... and all he said as he pulled it down was "hmm... kinda snug." But he was clearly not in pain or anything, so away we went! :D:D:D:D:D

From the back seat, it felt every bit as intense as BTMRR. The swinging effect was really cool! I do wish it had been longer, maybe one more drop, but the show scene was mesmerizing. I especially loved Dopey with the gems in his eyes and Sleepy napping on a pile of gems. Too funny!

I did get one picture:
View attachment 56163
The cottage was so pretty at night :inlove:

When we got off out of the exit, I asked Matt if he wanted to do anything else. He said the only things he cared about were BTMRR, Splash, and Space. I checked the MDE app, and guess what? Splash had a 15 minute wait, BTMRR had a 20 minute wait, and Space was still at 45 minutes, but it was just now 10:45, and I remembered reading somewhere on here that Space is pretty much walk on in the last 30 minutes of park hours most days. With that, we picked up one more LeFew's Brew and made our way to Frontierland.

Splash was first, since it had the lowest posted wait time.

View attachment 56164

Yep. Matt did his thumbs up. :rolleyes:

Time to dry off, and what better way to do that than whipping around BTMRR? The posted time was still 20 minutes, but it was really more like 10 or 15. We got the very front seat again, and this made me happy. Like I said, there's just something about being in that front row on that particular ride that really makes the whole thing different somehow. Even if the dips aren't as intense that way, the ride feels more immersive somehow when it looks like it's just your and the front of the train.

We got off BTMRR at 11:15, and Matt decided he wanted one last Dole Whip, but orange this time, since we had already tried and loved the pineapple. We maneuvered back past the lake around Tom Sawyer's Island (the parade was going on), up through FL, and back down to Sleepy Hollow just in time to catch the end of the parade and cross the street into Adventureland... luckily Matt had remembered that Aloha Isle was at that very entrance to Adventureland! We got out orange Dole Whip (decided we liked the pineapple better, but that's fine... both were good, and now we know!) and made our way over to Space Mountain.

We got to Space Mountain at 11:45, and the posted time was ten minutes. Am I good or what? :happy:

We rode Space, got back outside at 11:58, and noticed the queue was still open. I grabbed Matt's hand and stared running towards the entrance, telling him we should ride again.

Sure enough, we made it at 11:59.

Probably one of my favorite memories of that night was when we got on the ride and were waiting for the CM to clear us after making sure our t-bars were secure. Matt looked at him and said, "yeah man, we're going to Space!" He smiled and said, "well, kind of, lol" and I said, "twice! In ten minutes!" His eyes got really big at that point, and he busted out laughing and said, "wow, that's some kind of impressive record!" I then told him this was our last night in the parks, and he grinned even bigger then and said that he was glad he could be a part of our last ride of the trip lol. How awesome is that? :hilarious:

Last ride picture of the trip:

View attachment 56177

Okay. We both did the thumbs up on this one lol.

We got one last picture in front of the castle before we left. I love the castle at night!

View attachment 56182

So, yes, in our last three hours of park time, we:
-Watched Illuminations
-Rode the monorail
-Rode 7dmt
-Enjoyed a LeFew's Brew
-Rode Splash
-Rode BTMRR
-Had a Dole Whip
-Rode Space twice!!!

Not bad, huh?

But, there was still more magic to come!

When we got out to the bus area (after picking up the horse, of course), a CM gave us the wrong number for our spot to go to. It had been number 30 the other night, but this guy said 6. Matt and I looked at each other and shrugged, but we went to number 6 as instructed. There was one other family there, and they were staying at AoA. I figured maybe we were sharing a bus since it was so late, or worse case scenario we could walk across the bridge. No big deal. At least we were headed in the right direction.

When the bus pulled up, I asked the driver if this was the right bus for the Pop. He said no, that this was the bus for Animal Kingdom, but that he would take us to the Pop if we didn't mind riding over to AK first. So we got on the bus (better than walking back over to the other bus stop!), and rode around WDW.

So, not only did we ge to do 8 important things in 3 hours, but we pretty much had our own private ride back to the hotel lol.

We made it back to the hotel by one, crashed in bed, and slept like rocks.

Bonus material from DTD (stopped there on our way out the next day) to come :)
Great way to end the trip!

cw1982

Original Poster
So, I can now officially announce yet one MORE reason to celebrate, even though the trip has been over for a few weeks, lol... I knew this was coming when we left for our trip, but I didn't want to say anything because it wasn't official yet, as I was waiting on the paperwork to run its course...

Not only am I still employed for next year, which you already knew if you read page one of my report, but I get to work in a better school, with better administrators, that's less than 15 minutes from my house... oh, and I'll be teaching my favorite subject all day! :)

I'm beyond excited right now, and can't believe just how magical of a summer this is truly shaping up to be!

Thank you again everyone, for reading, following along, and being so supportive :)

We didn't end up trying the funnel cake at Sleepy Hollow! Drat... I guess we have to go back now ;) I'm actually surprised that Matt didn't get more excited when I mentioned waffle sandwiches to him on Sunday. Oh well. Adding that to the list of things to make sure we get to "next time."
Those waffle sandwiches are AWESOME!!!!

I totally enjoyed your trip report. I just wanted to let you know that reading it inspired me to set a weight loss goal. Reading about you and your husband celebrating your accomplishments was the push I needed. I've lost nine pounds since mid-June and looking to lose another twenty. I thought you'd be interested to know how you helped a random person on the internet!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom