Trip Report *Completed!* The "pick a celebration and stick with it!" Trip Report :)

My husband and I have just returned from six wonderful days at WDW! The trip could not have gone better. I seriously did not want to leave.

I won't delve too far into the background here, because it's all in my pre-trip report here: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/because-im-driving-myself-crazy.882149/ Don't want to read all that? No problem. Here's the Reader's Digest version:

The cast:

My husband and me:
601059_10100448380134878_2125787055_n.jpg

With guest appearances by our dear friends Jason,Karissa, Neil, and Barbara (pictures of them to appear later).

The reason:

Pick one!

1) DH and I have both had weight loss surgery (the gastric sleeve, to be exact) and maintained our goal weights for over two years. For before and after pics, see the pre-trip report. He's lost over 200 pounds, and I've lost 130. We both have our health back!
2) I had been unemployed for several months and finally found a new job in January.
3) We were celebrating our 8th wedding anniversary (May 27th, but since I teach, we couldn't go anywhere until after school got out).
4) Add numbers one, two, and three, and what do you get? The go ahead to stop taking birth control, that's what! :eek:

So, yeah... this trip was a "celebrating weight loss/return to gainful employment/wedding anniversary/conceptionmoon (yes, apparently that's really a thing- I had to Google it to get the name of it) trip."

And, if the trip had had just one more drop of pixie dust, I would seriously think we were dreaming the whole time. Maybe we were...

The when, where, and how:

On May 31, we drove down to Orlando from Atlanta and spent the night with our friends Jason and Karissa. They live just outside of Orlando and were kind enough to let us crash at their place the night before our check in so that we would be refreshed for the parks the next day. On Sunday, June 1, we checked in at the Pop at eleven and stayed there until Saturday, June 7, when we drove home.

And now, let the report begin! :)

cw1982

Original Poster
outstanding report. this makes me excited for August. I have been unsuccessful on loosing weight but I will not let it damper my trip :)

Hey... weight loss is tough! There's still time, though :) IMO, honestly, it's more important to be healthy when you get there than it is to be a certain weight. I know people who have been thin their whole lives who wouldn't have been able to keep up with Matt and me last week because they're out of shape lol. I also know people who are overweight who would have outlasted me at the MK during evening EMH.

Either way, don't let anything damper that trip. You deserve to have a great time, and you should do just that :)

MDactor1980

Hey... weight loss is tough! There's still time, though :) IMO, honestly, it's more important to be healthy when you get there than it is to be a certain weight. I know people who have been thin their whole lives who wouldn't have been able to keep up with Matt and me last week because they're out of shape lol. I also know people who are overweight who would have outlasted me at the MK during evening EMH.

I know my husband and I are a bit overweight (though not out of shape, we can go-go-go with the best of them). One of the best things about Disney is the lack of size issues. We have been to other parks where we literally can't fit on rides (I'd say we're each about 50 lbs overweight), but we never have that problem in WDW. The only problem the hubs has is on Space Mountain, and that is a height issue (he's 6'5" and petrified of decapitation in the dark, and his legs don't fit in the car.

cw1982

Original Poster
Wow, you guys did awesome at HS. You hit like all the headliner shows and E ticket rides with little wait.

We definitely got lucky lol. The biggest surprise there to me was that we didn't wait long for TSMM. I was glad we did it because I was curious buy I'm glad we used our FP for RnRC :) that's easily one of my favorite rides in all 4 parks.

TheMouseFan

I loved your TR!!! I have been reading along the whole time, it just took me awhile to finally comment!:oops: I love the dresses you wore. Did you have any troubles getting in and out of rides with them? We are leaving in 2 days for our trip and I am trying to finish packing and I really want to take a couple of dresses, but I am concerned about some of the rides, mostly the coasters! I'm so glad you had such a wonderful trip!!

cw1982

Original Poster
I loved your TR!!! I have been reading along the whole time, it just took me awhile to finally comment!:oops: I love the dresses you wore. Did you have any troubles getting in and out of rides with them? We are leaving in 2 days for our trip and I am trying to finish packing and I really want to take a couple of dresses, but I am concerned about some of the rides, mostly the coasters! I'm so glad you had such a wonderful trip!!

The dresses actually worked very well. They were lightweight and comfortable. I never had any problems with the skirts coming up or anything lol.

Have fun on your trip :)

TheMouseFan

The dresses actually worked very well. They were lightweight and comfortable. I never had any problems with the skirts coming up or anything lol.

Have fun on your trip :)
Thanks! I'm sure we will. I am mostly concerned about accidentally giving someone a show as I am stepping in or out of a ride vehicle! I guess I will just be careful, as I think the dresses may be cooler than shorts!

cw1982

Original Poster
Thanks! I'm sure we will. I am mostly concerned about accidentally giving someone a show as I am stepping in or out of a ride vehicle! I guess I will just be careful, as I think the dresses may be cooler than shorts!

I didn't have that problem with dresses at all lol. Usually by the time I stepped out of a ride vehicle I had already smoothed my dress back into place. I actually had a harder time with that issue while wearing skorts because they were shorter.

lostpro9het

Sadly I know too much about this topic. My DW will wear compression shorts under dresses. She says it solves two problems:
1 showing off too much during a ride or brisk breeze.
2 reducing the chance of any chaffing.

cw1982

Original Poster
Sadly I know too much about this topic. My DW will wear compression shorts under dresses. She says it solves two problems:
1 showing off too much during a ride or brisk breeze.
2 reducing the chance of any chaffing.

Lol :)

I wasn't going to share this because I thought it might be TMI, but I actually took a travel sized bottle of baby powder in my sling bag that I carried around the parks in case we had any issues with chaffing. I was very pleasantly surprised that we didn't have an issue with that, but it could have been sheer luck thanks to the weather we had and all.

I do normally wear shapewear of some kind under dresses, mainly because I have a ton of loose skin that looks like fat to people who don't know any better, but while we were at WDW I didn't want to wear any more layers than necessary. It's one of those things where everyone is different, though.

loriloughs

Comparing RnRC to ToT - I went on ToT a long time ago. Visual effects are awesome but I can't handle the up and down. For years I was afraid to go on RnRC. Finally in 2010 I chugged a beer and forced myself on RnRC. I was scared to death. When I got off I asked "Where was the loop?" Now I love RnRC but still won't get on ToT!

cw1982

Original Poster
Comparing RnRC to ToT - I went on ToT a long time ago. Visual effects are awesome but I can't handle the up and down. For years I was afraid to go on RnRC. Finally in 2010 I chugged a beer and forced myself on RnRC. I was scared to death. When I got off I asked "Where was the loop?" Now I love RnRC but still won't get on ToT!

RnRC has been one of my alltime favorite rides since I was a teenager... The last time I had ridden it before this trip was at least 15 years ago, and I still remembered it and was excited to ride again; that's how much I love that ride!

ToT? Yeah... I have to admit... now that I've done it three times, I have to say it'll definitely be something I'll do again if we ever get to go back. Will it be a favorite? Compared with RnRC, EE, Space, and Splash, probably not, but it's in my top ten of favorite rides now, and that says something because I was literally in tears when we waited to ride it the first time.

cw1982

Original Poster
I was at dance camp and our trip when you posted! Looks like y'all had a ton of fun!
Now, when are you going back ;-)

We did have a great time :)

I wish we could go back soon! I'm thinking it'll be a few years though, which is fine. I want to get a Disney Visa and start racking up points, start setting aside 1% of my monthly income, and pray that we get pregnant soon so that by the time our kids are big enough that they'll remember most of the trip and won't have to be carried around all day every day, maybe we'll be able to afford to go again.

I don't know why I didn't read your trip report sooner! Fantastic reporting, and loved reading how you and your husband really immerse yourselves in the Disney culture while you're there. I love playing along and being silly, but my hubby, not so much. Maybe one day ;)

I also love all your positive feedback to everyone who posts their stories or have left encouraging words for you. Congratulations to you and your hubby on your weight loss and keep up the great work! I'm wishing you and your husband luck in the journey to conceive, too!

cw1982

Original Poster
I don't know why I didn't read your trip report sooner! Fantastic reporting, and loved reading how you and your husband really immerse yourselves in the Disney culture while you're there. I love playing along and being silly, but my hubby, not so much. Maybe one day ;)

I also love all your positive feedback to everyone who posts their stories or have left encouraging words for you. Congratulations to you and your hubby on your weight loss and keep up the great work! I'm wishing you and your husband luck in the journey to conceive, too!

Thank you :) I'm glad you enjoyed reading it as much as I did writing it. Matt definitely didn't get as into planning as I did, so he really took me by surprise with how much he got into things once we got there.

And thanks for the congratulations and the lucky wishes going forward. Here's hoping I'll have good news to report in the next several months :)

disney4life2008

Thanks girl :) you have no idea how jealous I am that you are going in August! I hope you'll do a trip report so I can follow along ;)

I always say I will do a TR but once I return I always loose track of it. If I get a new phone this summer I may do a live report that way I know it will be done :)

BTW - I am not a girl :rolleyes: I am a male - but in a few of my posts I have referenced my ex boyfriend which likely gave the connotation I was a girl. No worries :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom