Trip Report *Completed!* The "pick a celebration and stick with it!" Trip Report :)

My husband and I have just returned from six wonderful days at WDW! The trip could not have gone better. I seriously did not want to leave.

I won't delve too far into the background here, because it's all in my pre-trip report here: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/because-im-driving-myself-crazy.882149/ Don't want to read all that? No problem. Here's the Reader's Digest version:

The cast:

My husband and me:
601059_10100448380134878_2125787055_n.jpg

With guest appearances by our dear friends Jason,Karissa, Neil, and Barbara (pictures of them to appear later).

The reason:

Pick one!

1) DH and I have both had weight loss surgery (the gastric sleeve, to be exact) and maintained our goal weights for over two years. For before and after pics, see the pre-trip report. He's lost over 200 pounds, and I've lost 130. We both have our health back!
2) I had been unemployed for several months and finally found a new job in January.
3) We were celebrating our 8th wedding anniversary (May 27th, but since I teach, we couldn't go anywhere until after school got out).
4) Add numbers one, two, and three, and what do you get? The go ahead to stop taking birth control, that's what! :eek:

So, yeah... this trip was a "celebrating weight loss/return to gainful employment/wedding anniversary/conceptionmoon (yes, apparently that's really a thing- I had to Google it to get the name of it) trip."

And, if the trip had had just one more drop of pixie dust, I would seriously think we were dreaming the whole time. Maybe we were...

The when, where, and how:

On May 31, we drove down to Orlando from Atlanta and spent the night with our friends Jason and Karissa. They live just outside of Orlando and were kind enough to let us crash at their place the night before our check in so that we would be refreshed for the parks the next day. On Sunday, June 1, we checked in at the Pop at eleven and stayed there until Saturday, June 7, when we drove home.

And now, let the report begin! :)

LisaBelle

Loved your report! Looks like you had a great time and definitely an amazing dose of pixie dust. We will be there in 31 days and I can't wait to try the cronuts and spiked Dole whips I read about in your report. Glad you got to ride 7 DMT. Seems like Matt enjoyed it, too. I already have my FastPass+ reservations for it. Can't wait!!! On your next trip you definitely need to try the waffles from Sleepy Hollow at MK. Delish!!! Thanks for sharing your trip.

cw1982

Original Poster
Loved your report! Looks like you had a great time and definitely an amazing dose of pixie dust. We will be there in 31 days and I can't wait to try the cronuts and spiked Dole whips I read about in your report. Glad you got to ride 7 DMT. Seems like Matt enjoyed it, too. I already have my FastPass+ reservations for it. Can't wait!!! On your next trip you definitely need to try the waffles from Sleepy Hollow at MK. Delish!!! Thanks for sharing your trip.

Glad you enjoyed it! :) 31 days... I'm jealous! I found the cronuts at the Refreshment Port just outside of the Canada pavilion in WS (I think I forgot to mention where they were earlier)... and it was actually called a croissant donut; I picked up that nickname for it by reading these threads lol. Matt had a blast too, and he's like a different man now that we've spent the week at Disney. We already had a strong relationship, but something has changed through this trip... we've reconnected in a way that I didn't even know we needed. I will definitely be trying those waffles next time! ;)

I can't wait to hear all about your trip! :)

LisaBelle

Thanks for the tip about where to find the cronut. We will be celebrating our 25th anniversary while we are there. We honeymooned at Disney, too. It is definitely a happy place for us. Hoping to post my first ever trip report when we return.

cw1982

Original Poster
Thanks for the tip about where to find the cronut. We will be celebrating our 25th anniversary while we are there. We honeymooned at Disney, too. It is definitely a happy place for us. Hoping to post my first ever trip report when we return.

How exciting! Make sure you get those anniversary buttons :) I only mentioned about half of the cool things that happened because of those buttons... above and beyond the little freebies we got at ts restaurants, it was cool to see how CM's acted when they saw us. The guy who took our picture when we met Tinkerbell got all teary-eyed talking to us lol... and the CM who was loading guests at Splash one day argued with another CM who tried to wave us down his way (to board a different boat). He said, "no! I want the married couple!" Hah!

I'll be looking for that report. :)

stevehousse

Your report was so entertaining to read, and wow what a way to end your last (parks) night!

After reading your report, I honestly can say I probably need to take a trip with just my wife and I without our kids again...we haven't gone with just the 2 of us since before we had them, so about 6-7 years we haven't been by ourselves.

Thanks for the great read...

mrdrift

Love the ending to your report. You sure did accomplish a lot of rides in the last three hours. Thank you for sharing your magical trip with all of us with some really great pictures.

Marc Gil

Haha I'm still reading along, but I just have to congratulate you about your weight loss. I recently lost about 25 pounds from just eating right and exercising. I must say it's a challenge to maintain, but it's so worth it!

Anyway, It looks like you had an absolute blast at the parks so far! Love the pics, and your food posts are getting me super hungry!

EDIT: GAH! Over already! Well, it looks like you two had a marvelous time! Happy Anniversary, and I'll see you around in the forums :)

Last edited:

cw1982

Original Poster
Haha I'm still reading along, but I just have to congratulate you about your weight loss. I recently lost about 25 pounds from just eating right and exercising. I must say it's a challenge to maintain, but it's so worth it!

Anyway, It looks like you had an absolute blast at the parks so far! Love the pics, and your food posts are getting me super hungry!

EDIT: GAH! Over already! Well, it looks like you two had a marvelous time! Happy Anniversary, and I'll see you around in the forums :)

Haha! Glad you enjoyed it... the only thing I regretted about my trip was it having to end :) I don't see how it could have possibly gone much better and still been reality lol.

Thanks, and congratulations to you as well! Losing 25 pounds is a big deal, especially if you didn't have much to lose to start with (I'm guessing that much from your avatar). Maintaining is definitely hard, but like you said, it's absolutely worth it.

See you around :)

Marc Gil

Haha! Glad you enjoyed it... the only thing I regretted about my trip was it having to end :) I don't see how it could have possibly gone much better and still been reality lol.

Thanks, and congratulations to you as well! Losing 25 pounds is a big deal, especially if you didn't have much to lose to start with (I'm guessing that much from your avatar). Maintaining is definitely hard, but like you said, it's absolutely worth it.

See you around :)
Yeah, well weighed about 160 lbs before I started my exercise and healthy eating regimen in January
(keep in mind I'm only 5"7) Anyhoo, 2 months later and four sizes later, I became a new me!

cw1982

Original Poster
Great trip report!! Looks like you had awesome weather as well:)

Thanks :) the weather was perfect! A lot of rain on Sunday, but that worked out because it may have helped to thin out the crowds some, and then our last day (Friday) was the only day with any bad heat to contend with... doesn't get much better than that in June!

Thanks for sharing! Great trip report! Another reason why I want the to go faster :) 125 days left for our turn.... exactly 18 weeks from today :)

Thanks :) I'm already daydreaming about booking our next trip lol. 18 weeks! I'll be watching for your report :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom