• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Trip Report **COMPLETED** The "Hey what's your name" and "I want to ride Home Depot" Trip Report

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
Rivers of Light pictures
DSC_8696.jpg
DSC_8700.jpg
DSC_8700.jpg DSC_8701.jpg IMG_6613.JPG
Everyone in my family liked Rivers of Light but I don't think anyone loves it like I do :) I think they all said they don't get it and my Dad kept referring to it as the light and water show :joyfull: I just love the music but I think it will be a bit before I get to see it again :)
Anyway we headed out of the park after (along with everyone else...)
DSC_8706.jpg
It was a full moon!
DSC_8708.jpg
Random light!
DSC_8709.jpg
We ended up taking an Uber home because the bus situation looked bad! My sister said it ended up costing about $30 (so in this case a Minnie Van would have made more sense...but there were none) but we all agreed #worthit. No wait for an Uber and home in way less time!
Then after this it was off to bed!

Next up: Day 3!

Rista1313

Advertisement
How the heck long is that competition? haha :)
So there were actually 2 different competitions. One the weekend of the 5th when we got there (the one my niece was in) and then a new one was coming in when we were leaving on the 11th.

Gurt

The food from Tiffin's looks amazing I probably won't be able to add it to next years list as I have been told we did too many sit down meals on our last trip and everyone else would rather have more ride time next year not that I don't like ride time but I like TS too :(

LeighM

The only baby elephant we were able to see on our tour was Luna, because Stella kept hiding behind the trees LOL. It was Luna's picture that was on the pin we were given on the tour.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
I was sure that I was following your TR but apparently not?! Looking at your pictures I wish we had gone back to see Rivers of Light when we did the Tiffins dining package in January but it was during that cold weather and not one of us was willing to go out again in the cold once we had gotten back to the hotel (plus I had either run the 5k or the half marathon that morning so I was a bit tired)...

Doc Disney

Original Poster
So there were actually 2 different competitions. One the weekend of the 5th when we got there (the one my niece was in) and then a new one was coming in when we were leaving on the 11th.

Ohhhhh!!! That makes sense!

The food from Tiffin's looks amazing I probably won't be able to add it to next years list as I have been told we did too many sit down meals on our last trip and everyone else would rather have more ride time next year not that I don't like ride time but I like TS too :(
Aww well maybe sometime eventually then :)

Doc Disney

Original Poster
In the midst of your report, but have to return to work :( Looking forward to reading more soon! I love your pics - especially the food and lights...
Thanks for reading - booooo work!

The only baby elephant we were able to see on our tour was Luna, because Stella kept hiding behind the trees LOL. It was Luna's picture that was on the pin we were given on the tour.
Oh is it Luna!? She's so much bigger now (obviously...)

Doc Disney

Original Poster
I was sure that I was following your TR but apparently not?! Looking at your pictures I wish we had gone back to see Rivers of Light when we did the Tiffins dining package in January but it was during that cold weather and not one of us was willing to go out again in the cold once we had gotten back to the hotel (plus I had either run the 5k or the half marathon that morning so I was a bit tired)...
Rivers of Light will be there hopefully for a bit longer so you can see it !

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 April 29, 2018
We got up, ready, ate some breakfast and headed out the door to Epcot!
We got there a little before opening and stopped for a PP picture.
I could not get a good picture of the entrance gardens :confused:
DSC_8712.jpg
DSC_8713.jpg
DSC_8715.jpg

DSC_8717.jpg
DSC_8718.jpg
DSC_8719.jpg
PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_411283267906.JPG
PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_411283267912.JPG
PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_411283267918.JPG
The park officially opened just as we got done with our pictures so we decided to rope drop Soarin' since my Dad had not seen the new version yet :)
DSC_8722.jpg

Next up: Day 3 continued

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
We got a text while on Living with the Land that J and N were in the park and they were at Starbucks
DSC_8741.jpg
I went off to buy some Spike's Pollen Hunt maps (instead of Easter egg hunt maps) while J and N finished their breakfast
My Mom took these next two pictures...I especially like the one of the bird eating an egg :joyfull:
DSC_8742.jpg
DSC_8743.jpg
Maps in hand we headed off to our first FP!
DSC_8746.jpg
DSC_8747.jpg
DSC_8748.jpg
DSC_8751.jpg
J, N and I made this car....
DSC_8753.jpg Mom and Dad made this one...their screen wasn't even working and yet their car still ended up getting a higher score :joyfull:
DSC_8755.jpg

Next up: more Test Track

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
While in the second half of the line Jill and I both took pictures of her in her Oh Yea Disney shirt and posted them on IG to see which of us could get them to like our post first....we are still waiting for them to like either one of ours:joyfull:
IMG_6627.JPG
IMG_6629.JPG
PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_411283898191.jpg

Next up was Spaceship Earth!
DSC_8761.jpg
DSC_8763.jpg
DSC_8764.jpg
DSC_8766.jpg
DSC_8767.jpg
DSC_8768.jpg
DSC_8773.jpg

Next up: more Epcot...

Doc Disney

Original Poster
I am SO glad that you had another great experience. Ours in December was AWFUL - and we had gone because we had seen SUCH great reviews (a lot from you specifically LOL).
I know...it you your review that made me extra nervous!!!

Small world - we probably saw you guys in the parks! We were there April 30 - May 6.
Oh wow! We probably did pass each other :)

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
After Spaceship Earth we headed to Club Cool so J could get her beloved Beverly :hungover: I still don't understand why she likes it
DSC_8775.jpg
Then we grabbed our AP magnet ! I didn't take a picture but we got the Minnie Mouse ones :) Oh also, I forgot to mention it was Dapper Day. I just don't really like Dapper Day :confused: I think it looks super cool but you could not pay me to dress up in heels and heavy clothes in the heat. Also, I hate when all the dapper people linger in all the picture lines or just linger everywhere in general :joyfull: I don't know - to each their own I guess!
We skipped our last FP (I think it was The Seas) to head into World Showcase
DSC_8778.jpg
DSC_8779.jpg
DSC_8780.jpg
DSC_8781.jpg
DSC_8783.jpg
We rushed around a bit on our way to the Italy pavilion. There, Jill, Nick and I got some bellinis
DSC_8784.jpg
DSC_8785.jpg
My Mom took mine so she could take a picture and send it to her co-workers :joyfull:
file-23.jpg
file-24.jpg

Next up: lunch!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
At Jill's request we made a lunch reservation for Via Napoli a few weeks before our trip so we checked in!
The Cast Member who was seating us asked if I had ever been to Italy before and I said yes. He asked me where and I said Venice and he said ....oh. Just "oh." :joyfull: When we sat down I was like is Venice not in Italy or something?! :joyfull::joyfull: I had a moment of panic that I said the wrong city or something but indeed Venice is in Italy and he must just not like Venice :hilarious:
IMG_6633.JPG
DSC_8791.jpg
DSC_8792.jpg
DSC_8793.jpg
IMG_6634.JPG
Randomly we got bread...
DSC_8795.jpg
So, at Tiffins the night before we talked about it and decided on ordering 2 mezzo metro pizzas. Was it all the cocktails that made that decision? Probably. At lunch we tried to convince Jill we did not need two mezzo metros but she insisted we already made up our mind so we ordered two. One half picante (sausage) and half Margherita and the other pepperoni. I have literally no idea why this one picture of pizza is so bad but I will include it just for size reference
DSC_8796.jpg
I considered cropping that kid's face out of this picture but I kind of feel like it makes it that much better :joyfull::joyfull:
DSC_8797.jpg
So, how did we do?
IMG_6636.JPG
Too much...just way too much pizza (although we did eat more than I thought we would to be honest!). P.S. It was delicious as usual!

Next up: out of Epcot

Last edited:
Top Bottom