Trip Report **COMPLETED** The "Hey what's your name" and "I want to ride Home Depot" Trip Report

Hey all
We have been back for just about a day now so I figured why not start the Trip Report!
Also, I'm on call this week so its probably going to be a pretty sparse week sorry!

Who?
Also I am feeling lazy so I'm making abbreviations for mostly everyone
Left to right: My Dad (Jeff) - D, my nephew Max - no abbreviation, my sister Betta (her real name is Elizabeth) - B, my Mom (Mary) - M, Me! (Megan) - no abbreviation, my sister Jill - J and my brother-in law Nick - N
IMG_6938.JPG

When?
April 27, 2018 - May 5, 2018 (B and Max from April 29-May 5)

Where?
Port Orleans French Quarter :) Our favorite moderate

Why?
Celebrating my Mom's 5 year cancer free anniversary! (oh, and it was J and N's honeymoon - aka familymoon :joyfull: )

Day 1 April 27, 2018
2 am...2 am came very quickly this morning...especially since the NFL draft started the night before and I couldn't sleep until we made our first pick :joyfull:
Nonetheless, up I got and got ready to leave for the airport.
We got fancy with our dates sign this time :inlove:
DSC_8328.jpg

DSC_8330.jpg

DSC_8332.jpg

DSC_8334.jpg

We shoved all 5 *yes 5* suitcases into our car and soon enough we were at the airport after a short 15 minute drive (bonus...no traffic at 3 am).
We got to the Southwest counter just after it opened and the one worker was OBSESSED with our luggage. She literally told us if our luggage doesn't show up in Orlando it was because she stole it :joyfull: Our luggage is Minnie Mouse...J actually has the same luggage and the worker was trying to steal hers too and then realized we were all related!
TSA precheck wasn't even open so we went through regular security which was only a bummer because it meant I have to take out my computer and iPad which is annoying :cautious::hilarious:
I was wearing my Wishes shirt that N got me for Christmas!
DSC_8342.jpg

May you rest in peace Wishes :cry:
IMG_6526.JPG

There actually weren't any food places open yet so we sat around a bit waiting for J and N to arrive. J actually lost her kindle because she didnt take it out for security (so TSA did) and had to go grab it after an overhead page alerted her of such :joyfull:
After she grabbed it we all went to Tim Hortons but that wasn't open yet either..
Finally 4 am hit us and our usual bagel place opened so we headed there :)
DSC_8343.jpg

I didn't take any pictures apparently but we shared a few bagels and got some water.
Soon enough it was time to board our flight. We got in line and we were like A20-24 I think. There were quite a few people ahead of us but I didn't say anything even though I knew they were probably after us. Eventually a woman in front of me did ask what their numbers were and the woman responds "Group A..." as if the rest of us weren't A :joyfull:. She then said what does it matter if we are all A anyway. The only reason I bring this up is because when we got up to gate to scan our tickets the Southwest worker kicked them out of line and made them wait until it was their turn (they were numbers like 40-41 or something). My Mom turned to me and said "burnnnnn." :joyfull::joyfull:
DSC_8346.jpg

Next up: arriving in Florida

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
Rivers of Light pictures
DSC_8696.jpg

DSC_8700.jpg

DSC_8700.jpg
DSC_8701.jpg
IMG_6613.JPG

Everyone in my family liked Rivers of Light but I don't think anyone loves it like I do :) I think they all said they don't get it and my Dad kept referring to it as the light and water show :joyfull: I just love the music but I think it will be a bit before I get to see it again :)
Anyway we headed out of the park after (along with everyone else...)
DSC_8706.jpg

It was a full moon!
DSC_8708.jpg

Random light!
DSC_8709.jpg

We ended up taking an Uber home because the bus situation looked bad! My sister said it ended up costing about $30 (so in this case a Minnie Van would have made more sense...but there were none) but we all agreed #worthit. No wait for an Uber and home in way less time!
Then after this it was off to bed!

Next up: Day 3!

Gurt

The food from Tiffin's looks amazing I probably won't be able to add it to next years list as I have been told we did too many sit down meals on our last trip and everyone else would rather have more ride time next year not that I don't like ride time but I like TS too :(

LeighM

The only baby elephant we were able to see on our tour was Luna, because Stella kept hiding behind the trees LOL. It was Luna's picture that was on the pin we were given on the tour.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
I was sure that I was following your TR but apparently not?! Looking at your pictures I wish we had gone back to see Rivers of Light when we did the Tiffins dining package in January but it was during that cold weather and not one of us was willing to go out again in the cold once we had gotten back to the hotel (plus I had either run the 5k or the half marathon that morning so I was a bit tired)...

Doc Disney

Original Poster
So there were actually 2 different competitions. One the weekend of the 5th when we got there (the one my niece was in) and then a new one was coming in when we were leaving on the 11th.

Ohhhhh!!! That makes sense!

The food from Tiffin's looks amazing I probably won't be able to add it to next years list as I have been told we did too many sit down meals on our last trip and everyone else would rather have more ride time next year not that I don't like ride time but I like TS too :(

Aww well maybe sometime eventually then :)

Doc Disney

Original Poster
In the midst of your report, but have to return to work :( Looking forward to reading more soon! I love your pics - especially the food and lights...

Thanks for reading - booooo work!

The only baby elephant we were able to see on our tour was Luna, because Stella kept hiding behind the trees LOL. It was Luna's picture that was on the pin we were given on the tour.

Oh is it Luna!? She's so much bigger now (obviously...)

Doc Disney

Original Poster
I was sure that I was following your TR but apparently not?! Looking at your pictures I wish we had gone back to see Rivers of Light when we did the Tiffins dining package in January but it was during that cold weather and not one of us was willing to go out again in the cold once we had gotten back to the hotel (plus I had either run the 5k or the half marathon that morning so I was a bit tired)...

Rivers of Light will be there hopefully for a bit longer so you can see it !

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 April 29, 2018
We got up, ready, ate some breakfast and headed out the door to Epcot!
We got there a little before opening and stopped for a PP picture.
I could not get a good picture of the entrance gardens :confused:
DSC_8712.jpg

DSC_8713.jpg

DSC_8715.jpg

DSC_8717.jpg

DSC_8718.jpg

DSC_8719.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_411283267906.JPG

PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_411283267912.JPG

PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_411283267918.JPG

The park officially opened just as we got done with our pictures so we decided to rope drop Soarin' since my Dad had not seen the new version yet :)
DSC_8722.jpg

Next up: Day 3 continued

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
We got a text while on Living with the Land that J and N were in the park and they were at Starbucks
DSC_8741.jpg

I went off to buy some Spike's Pollen Hunt maps (instead of Easter egg hunt maps) while J and N finished their breakfast
My Mom took these next two pictures...I especially like the one of the bird eating an egg :joyfull:
DSC_8742.jpg

DSC_8743.jpg

Maps in hand we headed off to our first FP!
DSC_8746.jpg

DSC_8747.jpg

DSC_8748.jpg

DSC_8751.jpg

J, N and I made this car....
DSC_8753.jpg
Mom and Dad made this one...their screen wasn't even working and yet their car still ended up getting a higher score :joyfull:
DSC_8755.jpg

Next up: more Test Track

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
While in the second half of the line Jill and I both took pictures of her in her Oh Yea Disney shirt and posted them on IG to see which of us could get them to like our post first....we are still waiting for them to like either one of ours:joyfull:
IMG_6627.JPG

IMG_6629.JPG

PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_411283898191.jpg

Next up was Spaceship Earth!
DSC_8761.jpg

DSC_8763.jpg

DSC_8764.jpg

DSC_8766.jpg

DSC_8767.jpg

DSC_8768.jpg

DSC_8773.jpg

Next up: more Epcot...

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
After Spaceship Earth we headed to Club Cool so J could get her beloved Beverly :hungover: I still don't understand why she likes it
DSC_8775.jpg

Then we grabbed our AP magnet ! I didn't take a picture but we got the Minnie Mouse ones :) Oh also, I forgot to mention it was Dapper Day. I just don't really like Dapper Day :confused: I think it looks super cool but you could not pay me to dress up in heels and heavy clothes in the heat. Also, I hate when all the dapper people linger in all the picture lines or just linger everywhere in general :joyfull: I don't know - to each their own I guess!
We skipped our last FP (I think it was The Seas) to head into World Showcase
DSC_8778.jpg

DSC_8779.jpg

DSC_8780.jpg

DSC_8781.jpg

DSC_8783.jpg

We rushed around a bit on our way to the Italy pavilion. There, Jill, Nick and I got some bellinis
DSC_8784.jpg

DSC_8785.jpg

My Mom took mine so she could take a picture and send it to her co-workers :joyfull:
file-23.jpg

file-24.jpg

Next up: lunch!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
At Jill's request we made a lunch reservation for Via Napoli a few weeks before our trip so we checked in!
The Cast Member who was seating us asked if I had ever been to Italy before and I said yes. He asked me where and I said Venice and he said ....oh. Just "oh." :joyfull: When we sat down I was like is Venice not in Italy or something?! :joyfull::joyfull: I had a moment of panic that I said the wrong city or something but indeed Venice is in Italy and he must just not like Venice :hilarious:
IMG_6633.JPG

DSC_8791.jpg

DSC_8792.jpg

DSC_8793.jpg

IMG_6634.JPG

Randomly we got bread...
DSC_8795.jpg

So, at Tiffins the night before we talked about it and decided on ordering 2 mezzo metro pizzas. Was it all the cocktails that made that decision? Probably. At lunch we tried to convince Jill we did not need two mezzo metros but she insisted we already made up our mind so we ordered two. One half picante (sausage) and half Margherita and the other pepperoni. I have literally no idea why this one picture of pizza is so bad but I will include it just for size reference
DSC_8796.jpg

I considered cropping that kid's face out of this picture but I kind of feel like it makes it that much better :joyfull::joyfull:
DSC_8797.jpg

So, how did we do?
IMG_6636.JPG

Too much...just way too much pizza (although we did eat more than I thought we would to be honest!). P.S. It was delicious as usual!

Next up: out of Epcot

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom