Trip Report (Completed) The Final Countdown

cgersic

What an absolutely fabulous report! It's really nice to see your faces again - even with masks - and to meet A's new best friend N. What sweet stories and wanting to wait to ride the sports cars until he could do it with her just melted my heart. And the HM pic with you two and Tuvalu really made me smile, but not as much as the next one with Woody and N! I love it when men take one for the team their Disney women! :joyfull: The fortune cookie is spot on. The smiles you and your daughter produce could light up rooms! Thanks for sharing such a wonderful trip!

amjt660

Premium Member
but if you know Disney, you know spilled food equals birds. Lots and lots of creepy birds.
Unless you are at Tokyo Disney - when popcorn spills it is not birds that show up - It is a CM with a broom and dustpan
I saw one little guy spill his popcorn and started to cry
The CM was quick to arrive, clean up and help them get a free refill
True Disney magic - it is the little things that make a difference

she surprised A with a birthday gift of smarties and stickers!!
You will not believe it but Smarties in Canada are candy covered chocolate (think Plain M&Ms)
1612367131510.png

Great trip report
Like @Darstarr A cracks me up too

But amongst the funny and fart related comments come the best of all - not wanting to ride the Speedway without her best friend

And I know like a sound like a broken record but you truly are an amazing Mom
To suffer (literally suffer) through all the Splash mountain rides on your last night after everything you have been through during that day is unbelievable
1612367181613.png

Max

Last edited:

LisaBelle

Thanks so much for sharing your trip with us! A is a delight! Hilarious and spunky and also sweet and kind. You are such a trooper riding Splash all those times while fighting through a migraine. I love that she wanted to ride one last time to say goodbye to Splash. I like that sense of closure, too!

Songbird76

In Ohio is very rare to be stranded due to snow. I've been here nine years now and can only remember three storms that could have come close. Those were mainly timing issues, too, because the snow got heavy right before rush hour so the plows couldn't clear the streets for us. But they were out, and so was law enforcement ready to help.

I do keep blankets in the car for A though. I'm paranoid about starting my car and letting it run in the driveway, because almost all the car theft in the suburbs are while someone is trying to warm it up unattended. So she's used to climbing in the freezing car and huddling under the blankets while I de-ice and defrost.

So no, we don't typically keep a snow kit in the car. But I DO keep my tank over half full on the winter just in case we have to sit in bad traffic with the heater running for a couple hours.
I guess I thought Ohio was prone to more storms than that. Just out of curiosity, do you have tank heaters on your cars? Like, is there a plug on the front to plug your car in at night so it doesn't freeze overnight? I grew up plugging my car in at night, but when I was in college, I had a friend from Arizona who was studying Astronomy, I think? and came to Wyoming because apparently we have some big telescope and very little light pollution, so a lot of people come to the University to study where they can actually look at the night sky. So coming from Arizona, he wasn't used to snow and one of his hobbies was taking pictures, and one day we were walking across a parking lot, and suddenly he's lying on the ground taking pictures of the cars, and I was like "What are you doing??" and he said he had to take pictures of all the cars with the plugs hanging out because no one in Arizona believed we actually plug our cars in at night. 😂 Of course, at college, living in a dorm, you can't plug your car in from a parking lot, but I guess I never considered that cars in warmer climates weren't equipped with tank heaters, so they didn't have plugs.

Songbird76

I've never even heard of this 😂😂

Ohio has what they call a "snow belt" which is like, a pretty consistent boundary that separates the top quarter or so of the state from the bottom 75% when it comes to snow. If you live below the snow belt, you'll get snow but not like you're describing. If you live above the snowbelt the conditions are a lot more similar to Wisconsin and Michigan. We live in the Columbus area, which is below the snow belt.

ETA: I'm from California, so I only know what I've picked up since I moved here.... I could be wrong 😂😂 but I just haven't experienced any really bad snowstorms
Well, I guess that answers my question! :hilarious: My mom always called it a "tank heater" but when I googled it, it looks like most people call it an "engine block heater" or just "block heater". So maybe it is just a thing in the really cold regions.... @ajrwdwgirl , you're from a colder area....do you have block heaters on your cars and do you keep emergency kits in your car in case of a blizzard?

In Wyoming, the weather can change really really fast...we have an expression: If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes, it will change. So maybe the kits are more for the sudden blizzards that you don't expect. We were on a speech and debate trip once in high school, and we were on our way home when a storm hit and it was getting really bad. We were at the hospital (long story, but one of the girls got food poisoning) and the principal refused to let us get a hotel room where we were, so we had to drive through a mountain pass in a blizzard....our poor driver....she was such a hero. You couldn't see 5 feet in front of the bus and what would normally be a half hour trip took us several hours, and they closed the road right behind us. So we ended up getting stuck in the next town because the road was closed. But it was just a freak snowstorm that came out of nowhere. That's what the kits are for.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom