Trip Report (Completed) The Final Countdown

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Thanks for sharing all of A’s antics. I‘m glad you had such a great time, despite the food. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for A that her online schooling ends soon; I am very glad that they have decided against it here this school year and that my teen has been in the classroom since September - mostly because kids really need the social interaction for their mental health.

Songbird76

It was a block of ice 😂😂 I'm so glad I stashed my snow boots in the car😂😂 next time I'm stashing gloves and a hat too...
Do you not usually have a stash of winter clothing and such in your car? Is this just a Wyoming/Montana/Colorado thing? We always had a sleeping bag or two, plus extra mittens, scarves, and stocking hats, and a coffee can full of non-parishable items like suckers and candybars and crackers, and a couple homemade candle type things made out of a tuna can and rolled up newspaper and wax...that way, if a storm hit and you were stranded, you empty the coffee can, light the tuna can candle and put the coffee can (with holes punched in it) upside down over it to generate heat in the car. And you have the sleeping bags and such as well. And we also always had some blocks of wood to shove under the tires so the wheels wouldn't just be spinning, and a shovel and a bag of kitty litter of course. We don't do that here, because it rarely snows, and if it does, it's not enough to get you stranded. I thought it was a standard thing for anyone who lived in a place where there were occassional large snow storms. Well, maybe not the coffee/tuna can heater, but the extra winter clothing.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I love your TRs, because I always get so many laughs out of A's conversations with you! :D

Also, I enjoyed all your fun pictures, and it really looked like all three of you had a great time. :happy:

(As for the screaming guest in the room next to yours, I don't know how you could stand that. What is wrong with people -- she didn't realize that the whole floor could hear her loud mouth?!) Years ago, I had a long chat with a CM who worked at the (original) 1st floor coffee bar, at the Contemporary. She told me that just because some people were on vacation, it didn't change the fact that they brought all their problems WITH them on vacation. (There's more, but I'll leave that there.)

Anyway, glad you all made it home safely, and welcome home! (P.S.: Sorry you didn't like the snow, because as you know, I love snow! :cool: )

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom