Trip Report (Completed) The Final Countdown

PacNWTigger

tenor.gif

I'm always excited for a super sassy TR with you and A!!! She's getting so gosh darn big though!!

Swissmiss

Premium Member
No judgment about the stroller; I brought one as well when C was a 6 year old (despite the fact that she hadn’t used one in two years at home). There was no way I could carry her at that age because she was so tall already and I’m not (six years later she officially surpassed me in height); sure most of the time she walked along side it, but when she got tired it was a godsend to have.

Can‘t wait to hear about the A shenanigans 😀

Sillysidewalker

I always bring an umbrella stroller that way I can fold it up in the room. I make my kids walk in the morning ( we try to go back in the afternoon to swim everyday) but those evenings back in the park that beautiful glorious umbrella stroller saves my back!!! Judge away people! I’ll be able to bend over in the morning! Looking forward to your trip. I am on the fence about a Memorial Day trip. I want to see how A does with masks etc. have fun!

Songbird76

The plans...

Uh....

Well we haven't really got any 😂😂 We'll be heading to Epcot first, then day two will be Animal Kingdom, then Magic Kingdom. I miss our APs so incredibly much. I loved being able to hop into a park for a few hours and not feel like I've wasted a bunch of money 😂😂 but that's not meant to be this trip, so the last day we'll either have breakfast at a resort or stop by Disney Springs before driving back.

The challenges:

1) last time we took N to Disney, he was sad he didn't get a turkey leg 🤢🤮🤢🤮 and now Liberty Square is closed for refurbishment and I'm not sure where to get one for him. Hoping for some pixie dust on that one 🤮🤢😂😂
View attachment 525804
So gross....

2) We still have online schooling, which on a normal, not Florida week is.... Let's just say the f-word I mutter under my breath is not "fun"... You would think this would be easier in Florida with the pool and the sunshine, but it's apparently somehow not 😂😂 A hates online schooling.

Me: there's just one more app, babe..."

Her:
View attachment 525809

3) A is a shopaholic. She won't admit it though. I need to get her into one of those twelve step programs 😂😂 she's had a growing list of things she wants to buy at Disney. Not sure how I'm going to reign it in.

4) Listen, I KNOW A is too old for a stroller. You know she is too. But Disney is so much walking. She'll walk about three miles without complaint, but we walk about six miles on a Disney day. And let me tell you, carrying a 54 pound wiggly child makes the best day ever turn into the most excruciating day ever really quickly😂😂 When we took her for her birthday trip, I carried her so much over those two days that I couldn't feel my shoulders for a month. So.... Uh.... We're bringing a stroller. Judge away😂😂 I don't really care😂😂 I just want to be able to not have tingly fingers at the end of this 😂😂
No judgement here. She's not THAT old. If she were 9, it might be going overboard, but she's not even 6 yet, right? I think you're fine. Maybe just try to build up the amount of time she spends walking and let her walk as much as she can so eventually she won't expect to be pushed in a stroller when she is older. She'll get there. But you need to enjoy the vacation, too, and if pushing a stroller makes it more enjoyable than carrying her does, do what you need to do.

Songbird76

We walk about three miles a couple times a week. And she ran in the turkey trot this year that was a two mile run. Like, she has a lot of stamina for a kid her age, but Disney is... Different. I think because it's so overstimulating. Or because there's so many strangers. But she doesn't seem to be able to walk nearly as much at Disney.

But she's SOOOOO heavy😂😂
Disney is SO different. I wouldn't dare to go without the stroller myself if I had one A's age. But maybe she'll walk more that she did last time. As she gets older, she'll probably be able to go longer periods. I know when we went the first time as a family, E was 4 and A was 2. A was almost never out of the stroller unless we were in the line for a ride or in a store/restaurant. E walked quite a bit, but we had a stroller for her when her legs got tired. A would even nap in the stroller and we'd just take turns riding things. I don't remember if E napped in the stroller or not, but I know she was out of it more than A was. But if your A is more used to walking, she may surprise you.

lindawdw

I was so happy to see that you're going back to WDW!!! A seems to have grown up so much since your last TR! I thought wearing a mask might be difficult when we went in October with the heat but we managed no problem. It definitely was easier when we went back in December with the cooler temperatures. Can't wait to hear all your plans.
Happy So Excited GIF

DisneyGigi

I realized this trip, that we didn’t go like we do now when my kids were little. My son refused a stroller at 3 1/2 but we didn’t walk 12 plus miles a day then either. No way we could have went like we did without a stroller for Stinker. No judgment here.
I don’t wear masks much either but I got used to it quicker than I thought. Could not do it in hot weather though. A is growing so much. She is a little beauty. Hope you guys have a great trip!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom