Trip Report *COMPLETED* OH NO! I've lost my magicband, Im hot and my back is actin up! A September 2015 TR

Hello all!

Well I'm home from WDW and working, SIGH, having major withdrawals... As i stood in my kitchen making my coffee for work this morning, i imagined to be in the POP food court filling my mug for a day in the park. Ahh i can dream :inlove:

We started our countdown just under 180 days and i cant believe how quickly it came and now went :( It was an amazing trip and we will definitely be back!

I am still getting all my photos together and jotting down notes but while my memory is fresh, i thought id start my TR :)

If you would like to read my Pre-Trip plus a little history on my past Disney trips you can read here-
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...eyworld-plus-a-past-trips-mini-report.901740/

Who:
IMG_1870.JPG

Ciara(ME!)-A disneyworld freak, 7th trip to the world, 1st time at UNI
Billy- My amazing boyfriend, His 1st time to FLORIDA ever

When:
September 20th-26th

Where: Stayed in RM 9324 at POP century
Visited every Disney park, both Disney water parks, Universal studios, Islands of adventure and a couple of Disney resorts!

We took lots of pictures, ate lots of food and had a whole lot of fun! Stay tuned :)

officialtom

Day 1/Part 2- September 20th 2015
Our buzzer went off about 30 min later. Time for din din! We had a great table outside right on the water with a amazing view of the fireworks. Definitely worth the wait!
View attachment 113115 We each had a drink with dinner, Billy ordered a leaping leprechaun and I had a magical star. Both were really sweet, the only thing I really liked was that mine lit up! :p
View attachment 113110
View attachment 113117
We discussed sticking to beer for the rest of the vacay haha. We got a Scotch egg appetizer. We order these in Portland and we love them but we were a little disappointed with the serving size here... Still delicious! They brought our dinner just before fireworks started. Could we have asked for better timing? I got bangers and mash for dinner and Billy got steak with fries. He said his steak was good and ate most of it! I liked my meal but I think it needs more mash! The mash potatoes were super good and I was sad when they were gone.
View attachment 113112
View attachment 113113
This was my first time watching ALL of illuminations and I loved it, I may have even gotten a little teary eyed. What a way to be welcomed to Disney. We both felt so lucky to just be there, at that moment and especially with each other :inlove:
View attachment 113121
We both got dessert and actually ate most of it! I had this amazing sticky toffee pudding and Billy had the Bannofee tart, also amazing. They were actually really tasty together and we like sharing so we shared both!
View attachment 113111
After dinner Billy could not stop talking about test track, he saw it wooshing past earlier and he wanted to ride THAT one. We wandered slowly towards it but it had a 50 min wait. Billy wanted to ride with me and not just single ride so we passed on that and thought we would take a trip to mars instead. I figured since we just ate we would do green but noooooo way jose! We couldn’t ride the weenie side, so I was dragged onto orange. He realized about half way though the wait that it spun you and suddenly realized why I would suggest green. Too late now, we had a mission to tackle! I’ve always rode orange, I don’t even know what green is like but I still get nervous every time! After a successful mission to Mars we stopped by mouse gear and pick up something I've had my eye on for a while!! An Alex and ani Disney bracelet :):) I wasn’t sure which one I wanted but as soon as I saw it I knew. I got the "...it all started with a mouse" in gold. We looked at the wait for test track and was down to 30 min but it was only 10:20pm so we walked on to nemo. Billy liked this dark ride the best out of any we went on.
View attachment 113116
Once out of nemo, we were ready for test track! But just as we approached the stand-by entrance we found it was down for the rest of the night. We had had an eventful day and thought we would call it and night and get some more rest for our first full day.
View attachment 113114
View attachment 113122
At this point time seemed to be going so slow. We had only had one day in Disney but with all the travel it felt longer, we were happy to still have soo much time! When we got back to the resort Billy really wanted ice cream but they had literally just closed the registers for the night. They wished us a happy anniversary and asked what we wanted anyway and said it was just going to be on the house since they could no longer ring it in. Disney magic at its best! Billy got cookies and cream with fudge and woah it was good. The cream part was perfect, sweet and creamy. So yummy! Billy was out so fast, I don’t even know when he fell asleep. I had my strawberries before I soon fell asleep too.

I love that they gave you ice cream on the house. So simple, yet a perfect example of Disney magic. I can't wait to go home in 114 days!

Ciara

Original Poster
Day 2/Part 2-September 21st 2015~Our Anniversary!
TOT seemed shorter to me than I remember… Do they shorten the ride if there is a wait or had is gotten shorter overall? Or is that my imagination?

IMG_2232.JPG
IMG_2235.JPG
IMG_2239.JPG
IMG_1714.PNG
STUDIO_TOWEROFTERRORARIDE_7466949075.jpeg

So far Billy was in love with DHS. TOT and Rockin was like dream come true! We had another fast pass for light motors action. But it was super-hot, like really hot so we decided to skip it and got a fast pass for stat tours instead. We did star tours and for the first time ever I got motion sickness:hungover: I loved star tours but now it may be just once a trip :(
We then walked around and took some classic photos. Or i did!

IMG_1876.PNG
IMG_1871.JPG
IMG_1938.PNG

I love the streets of america, I think its so cool! Last year when we went to San Francisco for our anniversary, I took almost this exact photo and with the exact same caption, except they were real hills and we were walking up them. So cool!

IMG_1716.PNG

We kept checking the wait for toy story but it was always at 80+ mins and that is just waaaaayyyy to long for us! We escaped from the heat and snuck into Muppets as it was just about to start. I got annoyed when everyone was crowded up top and would not fill in. There was tons of people pushing behind me and no one moving in front of me. Once we were seated muppets was as enjoyable as always. I do think it’s in need of an update. By this point it was getting close to lunch and we were getting hangry aka hungry and angry. We stopped for a couple photopass photos on the way out! I didn't mind the hat, but looking at these photos, i love DHS without it!

STUDIO_HBKEYSTO_7467053467.jpeg

Lunch was in DTD and I think I know Disney pretty well so I figured we would just hope on a boat and then take a bus from there, BAAAAAAD idea Ciara! First we got off the boat at the swan. Headed straight through the lobby, we weren't sure if it was the rich looking businessmen in front of us or the hotel always smells this way but whoa! It smells like expensive cologne. The hotel was nice, like really nice. I don’t think I’d ever stay there but it’s always cool to see the other hotels Disney has to offer. We then waited for a bus to DTD for probably 30 min. This was by far the longest we waited for a bus the whole trip! I called Planet Hollywood and told them we would be late but were on our way. I then made a joke about the bus having to stop at 5 other hotels before it would get us to lunch, I think I jinx us! Once we get on a bus, relieved to be in the A/c and on our way to lunch, we realized we REALLY WERE stopping at 5 other hotels to pick people up :eek::eek:

Last edited:

Ciara

Original Poster
Day 2/Part 3-September 21st 2015~Our Anniversary!
I got us to lunch almost an entire hour late and sweaty from walking all though DTD. But they let us in no problem, they actually sort of laughed at us for being worried, woo crisis averted. We had blue moons with our lunch. It was a hot day and the beers tasted extra great. I’m pretty sure Billy got some kind of steak and I got a Cajun pasta. No pictures of the food :(

IMG_1717.PNG

Both full, hot and tired we were ready to head back to the hotel for an afternoon swim. I don’t think we stopped by any shops but somehow as we were walking back to the buses, I lost my magicband! OH NO! I'm really not sure how this happened, I did throw away a water bottle and am still wondering if I lost it in the trash? I literally looked down and it was just gone! Anyways, I grabbed the first cast member we saw who directed us to guest relations. The wait at guest relations was kind of a long one and they ended up telling me to just deactivate my magicband from my phone and pick up a new band at the hotel... We we waited a good half an hour just to be told I could basically handle it myself. A little irritated we arrived back at the hotel and the first stop we made was by the front desk, I was told I would get a grey magicband in replacement but a really nice female CM told me she would grab me a pink one. Yay! Okay less irritated now :D:p It took a while to get all the magicband problems resolved, Billy refilled our mugs with soda and we headed back to the room. At the door I try to use the band and red light red light red light it wouldn't get me into the room! Luckily bills band had not been lost and still worked perfectly. I called the front desk to ensure the band would work to get into the park as we would be headed back out after our swim, they said everything was great just something had failed when connecting it to the room, at some point I need to stop back by the desk. We were both soooo ready for the pool we decided we would handle it later. We spent about an hour at the pool, playing with the go-pro some more and added a little liquor to our sodas.

IMG_1899.JPG

They were playing trivia at the pool and I didn't want to play for real, but I played along from a far and freaked Billy out with how many answers I knew. Once we had enough of the sun, we headed back to the room to get ready for our evening. We wanted to celebrate being in Disney and it being our anniversary THAT day sooooo… we took a couple shots ;):p I hadn’t gotten my hair wet so I was ready fast. Another short bus ride back to DHS. Wow! DHS was like a whole other place once nightfall hit and we started feeling those shots! haha. We had headed out a bit later than expected… if it hasn’t already, this will become a trend. So we went straight for dinner. Dinner was at prime time, they were busy and we waited a bit. We both got something to drink and waited in the bar. The wait was sooo worth it again, our food and drinks were amaze and our waiter, Nick was awesome.

IMG_2245.JPG
IMG_1941.JPG
IMG_2242.JPG
IMG_2241.JPG

I can’t remember if the long islands were the only thing we had here, I feel like there was a beer maybe lol things are little fuzzy. I got the sampler and Billy got the fried chicken. Both were really really good and we ate every bit.

IMG_2246.JPG

The long island I had was really good but bills was a bit weak, Nick told us to share and chug his first one down and he would get him another, okay sure! Nick was very funny and played along the part just enough for us. He made us set our own table, would yell at us for texting and having our elbows on the table but would also say things like "don’t drink these (waters) it will kill your buzz" He sat down and chatted for a while as we finished dinner. We payed our dues and said goodbye, and he brought us our dessert, PB&J shakes to go!

IMG_2248.JPG

Last edited:

Ciara

Original Poster
Day 2/Part 4-September 21st 2015~Our Anniversary!
We barely drank the shakes because we were soooo full! We had no more fastpasses for the day so we headed to TOT for a night ride, my fav! This trip wasn’t as fun and had a lot of short drops. But its still TOT at night! I took a bunch of photos in line, i think i was feeling the effects of the long islands and shots! ;)

IMG_1878.JPG

IMG_1884.JPG
IMG_1886.JPG
IMG_1887.JPG
IMG_1885.JPG
IMG_1888.JPG
IMG_1880.JPG
IMG_1879.JPG
IMG_1882.JPG
STUDIO_TOWEROFTERRORBRIDE_7467639690.jpeg

sheriffwoody

Yay for updates! That second TOT shot of y'all is great. Sorry about your magic band fiasco! Glad it got worked out, but that sucks that you had to waste all that time on it.

Ciara

Original Poster
Day 2/Part 5-September 21st 2015~Our Anniversary!
We then headed to TGMR, at this point I was getting that Billy was waaaayy more into thrill rides but I love this one and sort of forced him on. I think he liked it! I was upset they took out some scenes and I don’t like the ones they added but overall still a great ride and still a fav!

IMG_2257.JPG

IMG_2260.JPG

IMG_2259.JPG

It was about 10:30pm and the park closed soon, rockin had a 30 min wait so we got in line! We got on just after 11pm and our picture is hilarious, we both look like we had fun that day;)

IMG_2267.JPG
STUDIO_ROCKNRCOASTERRIDE_7467669027.jpeg

Not ready for our fun night to end we took a boat to boardwalk so we could go to ESPN. The boardwalk was empty! So I thought we would see what the cover at jellyrolls was... $12!! Per person that seems a bit outrageous to me when it’s THAT slow. We passed on jellyrolls and continued to ESPN. Once inside Billy had a beer, he likes IPAs so I’m sure it was something like that. I ordered a pear cider, the bartender tells me they just got a new cider in and asked if I wanted to try that. "Its pineapple" OMG OMG YES. This is my go-to anytime they have it at home, I see it rarely here, and I was so shocked they had it. I had two!

IMG_2270.JPG

IMG_1892.JPG

I’m not sure how long we stayed, we wandered around for a while and it was LATE. Like 3am maybe so that means no bus. We downloaded lyft and got a free ride credit, perfect! Lyft was super easy and we were back at the hotel very quick. The front desk was deserted and we weren't tired, perfect time to fix the magicband! We ran into more problems… The CM Mark was great, but said he needed to get us new bands, but we could pick any color! We had both been talking about how we should have gotten red, soo… we got red! All of the activating and deactivating took some time and as soon as we were finally back in the room we were both FAST asleep.

Ciara

Original Poster
Your kissing picture is tooo cute! I always feel like a fool with the photopass photographers... once they made my friend and I pose for a magic shot with baby Simba.. it was so awkward but now everyt ime I look at it I crack up laughing.. LOL

Haha totally, at first they look awkward! I love your picture! I wish we got more magic shots. Im so glad your following along :)

Ciara

Original Poster
Yay for updates! That second TOT shot of y'all is great. Sorry about your magic band fiasco! Glad it got worked out, but that sucks that you had to waste all that time on it.

Thanks! I think my fav is the last RRC one. Too funny!

We wasted a lot of time on those magicabands, but now we have four!

Lois Lane

I love, LOVE, LOVE ciders! We're heading to Pop the first week in Feb, so I'm diggin' your photos. Can't wait to hear more.

Ciara

Original Poster
Day 3/Part 1-September 22nd 2015
Today was relax and stroll around a lot day, we didn’t do a ton and I don’t feel like I remember it all. We woke up moving a little slow and sort of hungover, Expected as we don’t usually drink THAT much. We rescheduled our first fast pass for safari to 3-4pm instead of 10-11am. Once ready we both wanted big breakfast so we went down to the food court. It was pretty late in the morning and options were limited but we decided to grab two breakfast platters with gravy on the side:hungry:

IMG_2272.JPG

This is the closest thing to biscuits and gravy I got all week, which is disappointing...It’s my favorite breakfast! Next trip we will have to make it to a better breakfast! We were having some more issues with our new magic bands, it always seemed to be with the room. Billy volunteered to go to the front desk while I ate. He got it all figured out and again we were working properly, for now! The wait for the bus was short and the bus was empty! Apparently not many people were going to Animal kingdom that day. It was just before noon, when we passed through the front entrance. We wanted some photopass pictures with the tree but so did everyone else. We were in a hurry so we said we would stop later but we never did! Dangit. First on the agenda was a fast pass for expedition Everest!

IMG_1724.JPG

IMG_1725.JPG

IMG_1728.JPG

IMG_1895.JPG

Even with disco yeti I still feel like he is going to grab me! It was such a great ride and bill loved it so much we went immediately after in single riders. I think this is my favorite roller coaster in Disney, I just love the drop and going backwards in the mountain! Awesome!

AK_EXPEDITIONEVERESTRIDE_7467910090.jpeg

AK_EXPEDITIONEVERESTRIDE_7467921956.jpeg

AK_EXPEDITIONEVERESTRIDE_7467923636.jpeg

Once we got our fill of Everest, for now, we realized we needed to re-schedule lunch. It was almost time for our reservation and we just had breakfast! :banghead:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom