Trip Report *COMPLETED* OH NO! I've lost my magicband, Im hot and my back is actin up! A September 2015 TR

Hello all!

Well I'm home from WDW and working, SIGH, having major withdrawals... As i stood in my kitchen making my coffee for work this morning, i imagined to be in the POP food court filling my mug for a day in the park. Ahh i can dream :inlove:

We started our countdown just under 180 days and i cant believe how quickly it came and now went :( It was an amazing trip and we will definitely be back!

I am still getting all my photos together and jotting down notes but while my memory is fresh, i thought id start my TR :)

If you would like to read my Pre-Trip plus a little history on my past Disney trips you can read here-
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...eyworld-plus-a-past-trips-mini-report.901740/

Who:
IMG_1870.JPG

Ciara(ME!)-A disneyworld freak, 7th trip to the world, 1st time at UNI
Billy- My amazing boyfriend, His 1st time to FLORIDA ever

When:
September 20th-26th

Where: Stayed in RM 9324 at POP century
Visited every Disney park, both Disney water parks, Universal studios, Islands of adventure and a couple of Disney resorts!

We took lots of pictures, ate lots of food and had a whole lot of fun! Stay tuned :)

WildcatDen

How is the weather??
We got lucky (insert joke here) both trips. Weather was upper 60's in the morning and evening, low to mid eighties during the day? My sister in law's family made a trip a year after us and I believe they had temps in the 50's and even had snow flurries. . .

Ciara

Original Poster
Wait a sec... Pineapple cider? This is a thing?
Yes! Its delicious. Its made by ace cider, which i think is a California company. It will actually come up again on day 2 of this report, with a photo! ;) Its rare, i don't see it many places!

Ciara

Original Poster
We got lucky (insert joke here) both trips. Weather was upper 60's in the morning and evening, low to mid eighties during the day? My sister in law's family made a trip a year after us and I believe they had temps in the 50's and even had snow flurries. . .

Oh wow! We do like the warm weather so maybe beginning of Nov? It was too hot this trip 90's almost everyday.

Ciara

Original Poster
Day 1/Part 1- September 20th 2015
We waited a short time for the bus, it went to downtown Disney first and then to typhoon. When we first walked into typhoon and Billy locked eyes on the boat above the huge wave pool, his reaction was “woah” Yep that was a reaction I was hoping for. We got a locker for our things. I don’t know about everyone else but I always get a locker for the water park! We went straight into the wave pool with our gopro trying to catch some waves, they had the small waves going and we wanted the big ones so we would come back later. We got a gift card for $25 from Disney vacation club prior to leaving for taking a “phone tour” It was more a simple walk-through, no pressure to buy anything! I don’t know why were offered it but we knew we wanted to buy our first drinks in Disney with it. We grabbed the gift card from the locker and our ids(we always get asked) We had a Long Island at the bar there, they were actually really good and pretty strong. We rode crush and gusher, with a short wait. Billy loved it! He wanted to do another tube ride so we hoped on keelhaul falls, this had a longer wait and Billy said it was “boring” I have to admit it was kind of boring. We really wanted to do shark reef but it had a long wait, we said we would come back and do it Friday but we never did :( We did however end up back in the wave pool for some big waves! We didn’t spend a TON of time here, both of us prefer faster slides so we were looking forward to blizzard beach.
Haven't had time to go through all the of gopro so this is the only photo from the water park
IMG_1861.JPG

We went back to the hotel about 3 and we grabbed burgers at our food court to take back to the room. I got the southwestern burger, the patty was kind of dry but otherwise good. We sort of ran into our first “problem” when Billy wanted a burger with egg but the one they had available came with Canadian bacon and he wanted regular bacon. We both didn't think this was a big request but one cast member in particular was not having it! He literally copped an attitude and had to walk away from the area... I felt bad because I'm never one to cause a scene but it is Disney and it wasn't a large request... Anyways two other female cast members ended up making the burger and it was great we thanked them very much for making the special request. Billy such a picky eater gosh always causing problems :p Billy got brownie bites and I got strawberries with chocolate for dessert but we saved those for later.
I only got a picture of my burger, opps! Southwestern burger
IMG_1677.JPG

I tried getting Billy to watch some Stacey while we ate but he just didn’t get it. “You watch stuff about Disney while you’re IN Disney?” He soon realized the whole tv was practically Disney and we both agreed on Disney channel and ended up watching it the entire trip, Disney junior and all. We both grew up watching Disney channel and I thought it was fun to watch again, we got pretty into Girl Meets World and I actually came home to Billy watching it yesterday! He must think it’s pretty fun too ;) We got ready quickly. Again a short wait for the bus, quick trip and we were walking into epcot.
Bus selfie
IMG_1680.JPG

Here is where you find the meaning behind part of my title...as we walk in, this teenage kid is telling his very annoyed looking parents "I’m done okay. Let's go. I’m hot and my back is actin up" I don't know why but we both starting laughing so hard!!! I guess it’s because he looked too young to be complaining so much, and the parents seemed to want to stay more than he did! Ahh too funny, really a had to be there moment! :hilarious:
First thing we stopped to pose for some photos
EPCOT_ECENTR2_7466597546.jpeg

EPCOT_ECENTR2_7466597551.jpeg

Spaceship earth had no line so we walked on, Billy is not a fan of the slow rides but he puts up with them for me!
IMG_1859.JPG

After, we stopped by guest relations and got our buttons. Anniversary buttons for both of us and first time for Billy. I have never had buttons but I truly recommend them to anyone celebrating. SO many cast members noticed those buttons throughout our trip and it truly made the experience so much more magical! This was also my first time wearing my Etsy daisy ears and wow those got a lot of attention. Lots of people came up to me to ask if I made them or where in the park they could buy them. Disney could be making a killing on those babies! We had a fast pass for Soarin, it was maybe a 10 min wait. This is one of my favorite rides, partly for the fact it’s not a thrill ride but it is just as exhilarating! I hoped Billy loved it just as much as me! And he did, especially when they first lift you into the air and that a lot of scenes look similar to Oregon :D We had dinner reservations at rose and crown for fireworks time so we thought it would be best to walk over to United Kingdom and check in. I seem to always get lost looking for the start of world showcase but we manage to approach the podium right on time. We told them we would wait for a good seat, grabbed a drink for the wait and strolled around France and the international gateway. I had a pear cider and Billy had a Boddingtons English Pub Ale.
IMG_1681.JPG

IMG_1682.JPG

Stopped for more photopass, these ones have a weird color and kind of blurry :bored:
EPCOT_WRLDSHW1_7466678044.jpeg

Last edited:

JennSmith

Day 1/Part 1- September 20th 2015
We waited a short time for the bus, it went to downtown Disney first and then to typhoon. When we first walked into typhoon and Billy locked eyes on the boat above the huge wave pool, his reaction was “woah” Yep that was a reaction I was hoping for. We got a locker for our things. I don’t know about everyone else but I always get a locker for the water park! We went straight into the wave pool with our gopro trying to catch some waves, they had the small waves going and we wanted the big ones so we would come back later. We got a gift card for $25 from Disney vacation club prior to leaving for taking a “phone tour” It was more a simple walk-through, no pressure to buy anything! I don’t know why were offered it but we knew we wanted to buy our first drinks in Disney with it. We grabbed the gift card from the locker and our ids(we always get asked) We had a Long Island at the bar there, they were actually really good and pretty strong. We rode crush and gusher, with a short wait. Billy loved it! He wanted to do another tube ride so we hoped on keelhaul falls, this had a longer wait and Billy said it was “boring” I have to admit it was kind of boring. We really wanted to do shark reef but it had a long wait, we said we would come back and do it Friday but we never did :( We did however end up back in the wave pool for some big waves! We didn’t spend a TON of time here, both of us prefer faster slides so we were looking forward to blizzard beach.
Haven't had time to go through all the of gopro so this is the only photo from the water park
View attachment 113102
We went back to the hotel about 3 and we grabbed burgers at our food court to take back to the room. I got the southwestern burger, the patty was kind of dry but otherwise good. We sort of ran into our first “problem” when Billy wanted a burger with egg but the one they had available came with Canadian bacon and he wanted regular bacon. We both didn't think this was a big request but one cast member in particular was not having it! He literally copped an attitude and had to walk away from the area... I felt bad because I'm never one to cause a scene but it is Disney and it wasn't a large request... Anyways two other female cast members ended up making the burger and it was great we thanked them very much for making the special request. Billy such a picky eater gosh always causing problems :p Billy got brownie bites and I got strawberries with chocolate for dessert but we saved those for later.
I only got a picture of my burger, opps! Southwestern burger
View attachment 113103
I tried getting Billy to watch some Stacey while we ate but he just didn’t get it. “You watch stuff about Disney while you’re IN Disney?” He soon realized the whole tv was practically Disney and we both agreed on Disney channel and ended up watching it the entire trip, Disney junior and all. We both grew up watching Disney channel and I thought it was fun to watch again, we got pretty into Girl Meets World and I actually came home to Billy watching it yesterday! He must think it’s pretty fun too ;) We got ready quickly. Again a short wait for the bus, quick trip and we were walking into epcot.
Bus selfie
View attachment 113098
Here is where you find the meaning behind part of my title...as we walk in, this teenage kid is telling his very annoyed looking parents "I’m done okay. Let's go. I’m hot and my back is actin up" I don't know why but we both starting laughing so hard!!! I guess it’s because he looked too young to be complaining so much, and the parents seemed to want to stay more than he did! Ahh too funny, really a had to be there moment! :hilarious:
First thing we stopped to pose for some photos
View attachment 113099
View attachment 113100

Spaceship earth had no line so we walked on, Billy is not a fan of the slow rides but he puts up with them for me! After, we stopped by guest relations and got our buttons. Anniversary buttons for both of us and first time for Billy. I have never had buttons but I truly recommend them to anyone celebrating. SO many cast members noticed those buttons throughout our trip and it truly made the experience so much more magical! This was also my first time wearing my Etsy daisy ears and wow those got a lot of attention. Lots of people came up to me to ask if I made them or where in the park they could buy them. Disney could be making a killing on those babies!
Those ears are really cute!!

Ciara

Original Poster
Day 1/Part 2- September 20th 2015
Our buzzer went off about 30 min later. Time for din din! We had a great table outside right on the water with a amazing view of the fireworks. Definitely worth the wait!
IMG_1864.JPG
We each had a drink with dinner, Billy ordered a leaping leprechaun and I had a magical star. Both were really sweet, the only thing I really liked was that mine lit up! :p
IMG_1687.JPG

IMG_1690.JPG

We discussed sticking to beer for the rest of the vacay haha. We got a Scotch egg appetizer. We order these in Portland and we love them but we were a little disappointed with the serving size here... Still delicious! They brought our dinner just before fireworks started. Could we have asked for better timing? I got bangers and mash for dinner and Billy got steak with fries. He said his steak was good and ate most of it! I liked my meal but I think it needs more mash! The mash potatoes were super good and I was sad when they were gone.
IMG_1692.JPG

IMG_1694.JPG

This was my first time watching ALL of illuminations and I loved it, I may have even gotten a little teary eyed. What a way to be welcomed to Disney. We both felt so lucky to just be there, at that moment and especially with each other :inlove:
IMG_2225.JPG

We both got dessert and actually ate most of it! I had this amazing sticky toffee pudding and Billy had the Bannofee tart, also amazing. They were actually really tasty together and we like sharing so we shared both!
IMG_2228.JPG

After dinner Billy could not stop talking about test track, he saw it wooshing past earlier and he wanted to ride THAT one. We wandered slowly towards it but it had a 50 min wait. Billy wanted to ride with me and not just single ride so we passed on that and thought we would take a trip to mars instead. I figured since we just ate we would do green but noooooo way jose! We couldn’t ride the weenie side, so I was dragged onto orange. He realized about half way though the wait that it spun you and suddenly realized why I would suggest green. Too late now, we had a mission to tackle! I’ve always rode orange, I don’t even know what green is like but I still get nervous every time! After a successful mission to Mars we stopped by mouse gear and pick up something I've had my eye on for a while!! An Alex and ani Disney bracelet :):) I wasn’t sure which one I wanted but as soon as I saw it I knew. I got the "...it all started with a mouse" in gold. We looked at the wait for test track and was down to 30 min but it was only 10:20pm so we walked on to nemo. Billy liked this dark ride the best out of any we went on.
IMG_2229.JPG

Once out of nemo, we were ready for test track! But just as we approached the stand-by entrance we found it was down for the rest of the night. We had had an eventful day and thought we would call it and night and get some more rest for our first full day.
IMG_2230.JPG

EPCOT_ECENTR3_7466777017.jpeg

At this point time seemed to be going so slow. We had only had one day in Disney but with all the travel it felt longer, we were happy to still have soo much time! When we got back to the resort Billy really wanted ice cream but they had literally just closed the registers for the night. They wished us a happy anniversary and asked what we wanted anyway and said it was just going to be on the house since they could no longer ring it in. Disney magic at its best! Billy got cookies and cream with fudge and woah it was good. The cream part was perfect, sweet and creamy. So yummy! Billy was out so fast, I don’t even know when he fell asleep. I had my strawberries before I soon fell asleep too.

Figment Forever

Enjoying your TR! We were in Epcot on the 20th too - it was our last full day in Disney. We rode Nemo at around 10PM and NO one was in line! Looking forward to reading more! Oh - LOVE your nails!

Ciara

Original Poster
Enjoying your TR! We were in Epcot on the 20th too - it was our last full day in Disney. We rode Nemo at around 10PM and NO one was in line! Looking forward to reading more! Oh - LOVE your nails!

Right before we did! I think it said 5 or 10 but we literally just walked through the line and hopped on!

Thank you :joyfull:

prfctlyximprct

Loving this so much! I still cannot believe your trip has come and gone already! What is this insanity?! Why does time in Disney go by so fast?!?! And I can't believe how much you fit in to your trip!! I was there for 10 days once and still didn't do as much as you did! Looking forward to following along, there can never be too many pictures! :)

Ciara

Original Poster
Day 2/Part 1-September 21st 2015~Our Anniversary!
Remember the strawberries right before bed? Yeah those were a bad idea for me. We planned to make rope drop and go straight to Toy Story. We woke up plenty early but I was just not feeling well at all and was moving a lot slower than normal. I drank some seven up and starting feeling much better. I did take a while to get ready this day too, by far longer than any other day. Billy had ran down to the food court and fixed us some coffees. We decided we would grab breakfast after our first fast pass, we didn’t want to miss it, it was for rock and roller coaster! Billy was too excited to finally get on his first thrill ride! We took those coffees with us to the bus and waited. After I finished mine I was feeling pumped!! It was a little after park opening and toy story already had over an hour wait. We would keep checking back throughout the day.. If you cant tell yet, we don't exactly like waiting for rides. We took some photopass photos right when we came in. He told Billy to grab and kiss me, which was cute but then kept saying closer, closer, closer grab her like you mean it. I hated these at first but now I kind of like them :p

STUDIO_HBDIRECTORICONNC_7466888756.jpeg
STUDIO_HBDIRECTORICONNC_7466889301.jpeg

Strolling down sunset blvd felt too good, it actually felt like we were finally here!

IMG_1868.JPG
IMG_1736.JPG

IMG_1713.PNG

With our fastpass we pretty much walked onto rockin and it was of course awesome! Billy loved it, this became his favorite ride in Disneyworld!

STUDIO_ROCKNRCOASTERRIDE_7466881843.jpeg

We were starving! We went to staring rolls cafe because it when I typed in breakfast options into the app search, it was one of the only things that came up. It was good but i would have preferred a breakfast sandwich which we later found out was served at the trolley car. Oh well! Now we know for next time. We both grabbed a grainy type bagel and cream cheese, we toasted our bagels and grabbed two waters in a cup and used our first snacks. The bagels were really good and gave us the energy we needed. We felt happy we had only used snacks instead of quick service. Starring rolls was packed so we sat on a ledge until a table opened up, and then we shared it with a family. They were from somewhere much closer than us, I don't remember where but they said they had drove. We told them where we were from and they were very surprised, this became a trend, apparently going all the way to Disneyworld from Oregon is silly when Disneyland is much closer. After we finished our bagels we headed for TOT for our first trip to... the twilight zone dunh dunh dunh! We had fastpasses that were about to start so we tried to hope in line, we were just a little early so we sat in the area by TOT and took some selfies, people watched and sort of planned our day.

IMG_1705.JPG
IMG_1707.JPG
IMG_1709.JPG
IMG_1875.JPG

For the first time in our trip we saw a tour group. Actually during the day we sort of felt like we were in another country. We noticed once we were in line for TOT everyone around us spoke a different language, it wasn’t bad just weird. This was really the only day/ time we noticed this.

Last edited:

JennSmith

Yes! Its delicious. Its made by ace cider, which i think is a California company. It will actually come up again on day 2 of this report, with a photo! ;) Its rare, i don't see it many places!
So I was intrigued and I happened to be home, (Chicago) this weekend. Luckily I was able to find a place that sold this pineapple cider you speak of. I was sad though when I walked in and was told that it was no longer in season and pumpkin was now in season. First of all...duh...I know pumpkin is in season, dude but I just heard about the pineapple stuff. Second of all...no I do not want to try the pineapple/apple stuff by Cider Boys. BUT!!!! Luckily I found ONE LONELY BOTTLE on the table in the cooler with all the leftovers. I bought it and also ONE lonely bottle of their Perry Hard Cider too. I am about to try them both tonight...can't wait! I really got luck because it is not sold anywhere here in Lexington KY. I will let you know what I think :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom