Trip Report **COMPLETED** It's My Mom's Birthday and We Will Stay DVC If We Want To

Hello everyone!
We just got back from the World on Saturday night so it's time to start my Trip Report!

Who?
My Mom (Mary) and myself Megan
IMG_2148.JPG

Where?
The Beach Club Villas! It was our first DVC stay (hence the title) and we loved it!
DSC_0016.JPG

When?
August 9-17, 2019

Why?
Also as the title indicates it was my Mom's Birthday!

Day 1 August 9, 2019
We stayed at a hotel across from the airport the night before since our flight was pretty early and it was cheaper than parking my car at the airport. Plus it was Southwest Points :) So, we got ourselves out of bed at 3:30 am 😴
I completely forgot I said I would make the sign we usually use for our trip so I grabbed some computer paper from the hotel printers and my Mom made a makeshift one :joyfull:
DSC_0059.JPG

Could not keep my eyes open so we ended up with this one :joyfull:
DSC_0061.JPG

The hotel said that they would have to put us in a taxi because their shuttle did not run between midnight and 5 am. I was worried about getting all of our luggage into a taxi but when we went up to the desk around 4 am they had the shuttle ready. Hooray!
The Southwest Counter was not open when we got to the airport but it opened within a few minutes. Our luggage was checked and TSA precheck was open so we made it through security very quickly.
We stopped for our usual breakfast of bagels but they only had one so we got a bagel and a croissant
DSC_0064.JPG

The croissant was not very good but we were good with just the bagel :)
We headed to our gate and the therapy dog Jake was there! He usually does not start until 9 am but his owner knew a family flying to Disney so he brought him in. Of course I had to get a picture
dI++uGtxSXiUH5Gv2wscRg.jpg

Waiting to board our plane
yNvQ3LcUReeUH6s+rVXDvw.jpg

We boarded the plane super fast! We were in row 2!
PgPpQLOnTN22lwvax5LYVA.jpg

Gang is all here
otPvqHLbQjGsKMsG3V0+Lw.jpg

Magic Bands!
dtCjmYi1QFqJAe23vDbsUw.jpg

The entire plane was boarded by 5:55 except 2 passengers - so we were 15 minutes ahead of schedule except that we had to wait for them for about 10 minutes. It was a bit annoying and we ended up leaving a little late.

Next up: more traveling

Last edited:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Oh no. I ordered a great big gift basket for my sons 16th end of oktober. I hope we won't get stale stuff as like you said, it is expensive.

Hopefully it's OK. I buy the popcorn a lot at Disney in the bags and it seems like its always stale so who knows!

how does your makeup still look so good after all the water activity? one dunk and even my "waterproof" eyeliner ends up down my face, loving the TR!!!

:joyfull: I have no idea. My Mom uses the same eyeliner as me and hers always comes off very fast. I do apply my eyeliner very thick though not sure if that helps. My daily eyeliner is waterproof in general. The mascara I used was pretty impressive to stay on. I think it was just e.l.f. and from Target for 10 dollars or something

Doc Disney

Original Poster
I don't know if I can read a TR from you that doesn't start with an airport mickey pic!

Merida is my favorite meet. She's so good with A and I feel like she connects in such a unique way.

I know - no airport picture is so sad :(

I'm here late again! I love your trip reports with your Mom! Our daughter "crashes" our Disney trips for several days to get out of the snow and cold!!! It's a lot of fun to share Disney with her! BTW I', with you on RRC. I get a headache after that ride too, so I usually skip it.
Thanks for the report on the oatmeal lace ice cream. I wanted to try it too, but I don't care for that much cinnamon. So, now I know not to try it. If it didn't have cinnamon I probably would have tried it.

Thank you for joining ! And yes definitely skip it then it was very strong on the cinnamon side.

Doc Disney

Original Poster
I'm glad the rain stopped for you! I never mind the rain in Florida....it cools things off nicely.

Truly, truly their lost and found process is incredible! We lost my husband's rain jacket one year and he knew exactly where he'd left it and when (Pinocchio Village Haus one evening) and it arrived in our mailbox about a week after we returned home. Another win for Disney Customer Service!

The Typhoon Lagoon party sounds nice but I agree: there are things I like to do but not sure if it's the best use of my time on a Disney trip.

We definitely did not mind the rain most days. It felt way more comfortable almost every evening ! Its so nuts how it just shows up in the mail too! I was so surprised!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 August 11, 2019
We got up around 7:15 am, got ready and headed to Epcot.
There was already a bit of a line to get in (I think it was around 8:15 am).
DSC_0294.JPG

We eventually got let into the park into an invisible Rope Drop. There was literally no rope at the International Gateway and no one there stopping us. Everyone standing there was joking we should all just go….they can’t stop all of us :joyfull:
DSC_0298.JPG

DSC_0301.JPG

The park opened at 8:55 am - and by opened I mean a CM with a clipboard was like OK go ahead :joyfull:
We walked quickly to Frozen. I was expecting to have to go all the way around the France way, but that part was roped off and we went the other way.
DSC_0301.JPG

DSC_0302.JPG

DSC_0304.JPG

DSC_0307.JPG

DSC_0309.JPG

It seemed like there were a lot of people ahead of us but we only waited 4 minutes! Woohoo!
DSC_0313.JPG

My Mom was clearly not ready for the picture :hilarious::hilarious:
IMG_5113.JPG

Next up: More Epcot

Last edited:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
Then we stopped for a PP picture. The CM who took our photo was so nice! Her name was Megen so we talked about all the different ways to spell our name.
493245162.jpeg

493248459.jpeg

Then it was time for our next FP: Spaceship Earth!
DSC_0329.JPG

IMG_5103.JPG

DSC_0335.JPG

Our last FP was for Living with the Land.
fullsizeoutput_3bf6.jpeg

It was a 40 minute wait so a much needed FP actually!! It was also a slow pass…
DSC_0341.JPG

Did anyone else notice this new HD screen. Compared to the rest of them it looks amazing !
IMG_5106.JPG

DSC_0350.JPG

DSC_0353.JPG

Next up: more Epcot

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
Oh found this better photo of the HD screen
IMG_5107.JPG

DSC_0354.JPG

DSC_0356.JPG

After our boat ride we headed to La Cantina for some lunch. Surprisingly it was not very crowded so it was a pleasant ordering experience.
My Mom got the kids cheese empanadas and I got the beef nachos. Yum!
I never took food photos apparently so here is an old empanada photo
IMG_2176.JPG

And me with my nachos
fullsizeoutput_3bf7.jpeg

Lunch Views
IMG_5108.JPG

Usual Mexico picture
IMG_5111.JPG

After our lunch we walked back to the Beach Club and hopped on a bus to Disney Springs.
I really just needed makeup from Sephora because I left one of my concealers at home (necessary with my constant red allergy/in the sun nose) so we stopped there first. After that we wandered in and out of some of the Disney stores but did not buy anything.
Of course we stopped at Ghirardelli for some ice cream. Sea Salt Caramel Sundae to share :)
My Mom caught me with my antibacterial wipes :joyfull:
IMG_5126.JPG

IMG_5118.JPG

IMG_5114.JPG

Then we hopped on a bus back home.

Next up: Beach Club time

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
We headed to pool when we got back.
DSCF2681.JPG

DSCF2685.JPG

DSCF2687.JPG

It was pretty windy and it felt like it was going to rain so we left assuming it was going to.
I think I was making this face because it was so windy :joyfull:
file-149.jpg

Back in the room I noticed I lost something else….my Garmin :( I have not one idea where I lost it so I could not even file a missing thing report. Ugh…I feel especially awful because it was a Christmas gift from my Mom. I promise, though, this was the thing I lost!
It did not actually rain so we went back down to the pool but it was closed for lightening so we sat in the Rocking Chairs on the porch of the Beach Club and people watched for a bit.
The quiet pool that I forgot even existed (even though it is right behind the Villas) does not have a lifeguard so that was open. We ended up swimming a bit down there. There was seriously no lightening in the area that we saw!
Anyway, after our swim we headed back to Epcot! No idea when I took this photo but I just saw it so I threw it in :)
IMG_5125.JPG

My Mom took this picture of me "looking for something else" in my backpack 😉 Just for my brush which I found :)
file-151.jpg

Our final destination was Italy
file-152.jpg

IMG_5141.JPG

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I'm curious, and i apologize if this had been detailed in another report that I've missed... Usually i have a backpack but it's mainly just water and snacks for the kid. What's in your park bag? What's in your mom's park bag?

Doc Disney

Original Poster
I'm checking into BCV on Wednesday - love seeing all these pictures.

Glad you got your sunglasses back but that sucks about the Garmin :(

Ohh enjoy! Im jealous !!!

I'm curious, and i apologize if this had been detailed in another report that I've missed... Usually i have a backpack but it's mainly just water and snacks for the kid. What's in your park bag? What's in your mom's park bag?

Thank you @Rista1313 for promoting my YouTube :joyfull:
Seriously I always hesitate to :)

jmunzert

Hopefully it's OK. I buy the popcorn a lot at Disney in the bags and it seems like its always stale so who knows!

:joyfull: I have no idea. My Mom uses the same eyeliner as me and hers always comes off very fast. I do apply my eyeliner very thick though not sure if that helps. My daily eyeliner is waterproof in general. The mascara I used was pretty impressive to stay on. I think it was just e.l.f. and from Target for 10 dollars or something
thank you! I have some research to do 🧐

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
We checked in for dinner at Via Nappolli. It was beyond chaotic at the check in area but we were seated right on time.
Dinner Views
IMG_5137.JPG

Our last experience here was not great but this one made up for it. It was just as loud as it usually is but our waiter was super nice!
We ordered a large pepperoni to share. The waiter convinced us to order garlic bread since the pizza can take 20-30 minutes to make. I said to my Mom “guarentee the pizza comes out faster than the bread” and I was right. The pizza almost never takes as long as they say :hilarious::hilarious:
IMG_5131.JPG

IMG_5133.JPG

IMG_5134.JPG

Everything was delicious as usual!
The sky looked awful!
IMG_5144.JPG

IMG_5146.JPG

We did have a FP for Soarin’ but decided we would rather swim so we headed back to the Beach Club and the pool. We headed up to the slide and just as we got up all up there (all 37 steps or whatever it is) the lifeguard at the top said the slide was closed and we had to go back down. We started down (which is not easy…the stairs are narrow and twist) when another lifeguard called up and said we could wait up there. It was only closed temporarily because they lost sight lines at the bottom or something and it opened within a minute. Phew!
We actually made it down just in time too because it closed shortly after for lightening.
The best thing about being so close to Epcot was after our pool time we walked right back over so we could watch Illuminations one more time. That would have been so difficult had we not been so close - we probably would not have been able to swim!
Anyway, we got over there around 8:10 and we were able to catch the end of the British Invasion which was fun to watch.
Enjoy this very bad photo of them from my Mom's phone :hilarious: I only took videos.
file-153.jpg

Then we grabbed a drink from Joffrey’s. I think it was some mango/orange combination with vodka. We shared it and we still could not finish it. Truthfully we could not taste the vodka at all - I was convinced it was not even in there even though I saw her pouring it :joyfull:
DSC_0040.JPG

We ended up watching from Illuminations from the UK. We sat down early enough that we could sit and watch the whole time.
Took some photos while we waited
DSC_0042.JPG

DSC_0044.JPG

Last edited:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
There were a few bugs on the ground that did not bother us but started to bite the people next to us so they stood up. This caused the people on the bench behind us to lose their marbles. They were screaming at them to sit down because they waited “hours” for this show on the bench and these people were blocking their view now. Then the people standing said something about why would you wait that long for such a short show (true) and an argument ensued. It was super awkward and went on through the start of the show which was annoying. A poor CM got dragged in - it was all sorts of messy. My Mom and I just sat there and watched and kept to ourselves. It definitely did not help that one of the people got hit with some cardboard from the show. All in all it was a mess.
DSC_0051.JPG

DSC_0056.JPG

sFH3DRUYQte7q8bRKelLcw.jpg

DSC_0065.JPG

k1BgSJBgSSSG3vOwrj+qGA.jpg

W1j7Q96QTLCLVQyvfy8noQ.jpg

eYsmynGlQHOCFOmMbWX+rQ.jpg

We were happy to see Illuminations one last time but it also reminded me that I don’t really love it so happy to see what comes next :p
DSC_0069.JPG

DSC_0071.JPG

Anyway, after the show we walked back and off to bed!

Next up: Day 4

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Day 3 continued
There were a few bugs on the ground that did not bother us but started to bite the people next to us so they stood up. This caused the people on the bench behind us to lose their marbles. They were screaming at them to sit down because they waited “hours” for this show on the bench and these people were blocking their view now. Then the people standing said something about why would you wait that long for such a short show (true) and an argument ensued. It was super awkward and went on through the start of the show which was annoying. A poor CM got dragged in - it was all sorts of messy. My Mom and I just sat there and watched and kept to ourselves. It definitely did not help that one of the people got hit with some cardboard from the show. All in all it was a mess.
View attachment 402427
View attachment 402428
View attachment 402432
View attachment 402429
View attachment 402433
View attachment 402434
View attachment 402435
We were happy to see Illuminations one last time but it also reminded me that I don’t really love it so happy to see what comes next :p
View attachment 402430
View attachment 402431
Anyway, after the show we walked back and off to bed!

Next up: Day 4

I keep going back and forth on whether or not we're going to watch illuminations. We haven't seen it, and it doesn't look that great on youtube, and we hated Rivers of Light which seems similar.... but it's going away at the end of our trip, so idk.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom