Trip Report **COMPLETED** It's My Mom's Birthday and We Will Stay DVC If We Want To

Hello everyone!
We just got back from the World on Saturday night so it's time to start my Trip Report!

Who?
My Mom (Mary) and myself Megan
IMG_2148.JPG

Where?
The Beach Club Villas! It was our first DVC stay (hence the title) and we loved it!
DSC_0016.JPG

When?
August 9-17, 2019

Why?
Also as the title indicates it was my Mom's Birthday!

Day 1 August 9, 2019
We stayed at a hotel across from the airport the night before since our flight was pretty early and it was cheaper than parking my car at the airport. Plus it was Southwest Points :) So, we got ourselves out of bed at 3:30 am 😴
I completely forgot I said I would make the sign we usually use for our trip so I grabbed some computer paper from the hotel printers and my Mom made a makeshift one :joyfull:
DSC_0059.JPG

Could not keep my eyes open so we ended up with this one :joyfull:
DSC_0061.JPG

The hotel said that they would have to put us in a taxi because their shuttle did not run between midnight and 5 am. I was worried about getting all of our luggage into a taxi but when we went up to the desk around 4 am they had the shuttle ready. Hooray!
The Southwest Counter was not open when we got to the airport but it opened within a few minutes. Our luggage was checked and TSA precheck was open so we made it through security very quickly.
We stopped for our usual breakfast of bagels but they only had one so we got a bagel and a croissant
DSC_0064.JPG

The croissant was not very good but we were good with just the bagel :)
We headed to our gate and the therapy dog Jake was there! He usually does not start until 9 am but his owner knew a family flying to Disney so he brought him in. Of course I had to get a picture
dI++uGtxSXiUH5Gv2wscRg.jpg

Waiting to board our plane
yNvQ3LcUReeUH6s+rVXDvw.jpg

We boarded the plane super fast! We were in row 2!
PgPpQLOnTN22lwvax5LYVA.jpg

Gang is all here
otPvqHLbQjGsKMsG3V0+Lw.jpg

Magic Bands!
dtCjmYi1QFqJAe23vDbsUw.jpg

The entire plane was boarded by 5:55 except 2 passengers - so we were 15 minutes ahead of schedule except that we had to wait for them for about 10 minutes. It was a bit annoying and we ended up leaving a little late.

Next up: more traveling

Last edited:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 4 August 12, 2019
We got up around 7 am, got ready and headed to the Solarium for breakfast. The Solarium is the coffee bar at the Beach Club
IMG_5171.JPG

IMG_5172.JPG

IMG_5174.JPG

IMG_5175.JPG

They just have breakfast pastries so we both got the triple chocolate chip muffin 🤤
IMG_5176.JPG

IMG_5181.JPG

IMG_5182.JPG

After our nutritious breakfast we headed to the bus stop and hopped on a bus for AK. The bus came pretty full from the Yacht Club which was a big issue the whole trip. I feel bad because there were some scooters/wheelchairs waiting but it was standing room only. We ended up being the last people on.
The park had EMH (which we missed most of) but we had the conversation this morning like hey if Flight of Passage is a 40 minute wait or less would we wait ? Delusional thought because it was 180 minutes when we got there :hilarious::joyfull:
The line was all the way out of Pandora
DSC_0078.JPG

DSC_0079.JPG

Next up: more AK

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 4 continued
We had a FP for NVJ later in the day but we decided to just do it right away so we could leave the park earlier due to heat :joyfull:
It was posted as a 35 minute wait but we only waited 10! Woohoo!
IMG_5183.JPG

IMG_5188.JPG

After NRJ we stopped for a night blossom - yum!
IMG_5196.JPG

IMG_5197.JPG

IMG_5201.JPG

I find this guy to be super annoying
DSC_0085.JPG

Anyway....after our trip to Pandora we headed towards Africa
I like this wall !
IMG_5205.JPG

DSC_0087.JPG

DSC_0088.JPG

Our first FP was for the Safari
IMG_5209.JPG

Next up: more AK

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 4 continued
We were reallllyyyy hot after Everest so we decided to head to Rainforest Cafe for some lunch (aka Air Conditioning)
IMG_5259.JPG

IMG_5261.JPG

We like to sit at the bar because it is usually never crowded
IMG_5263.JPG

IMG_5264.JPG

We shared the chicken quesadilla and mozzarella sticks Buffalo style (aka they were tossed in hot sauce)
IMG_5269.JPG

IMG_5270.JPG

The quesadilla was good but oh my those mozzarella sticks were bomb. I wish I had some now 🤤🤤
As we left we saw our bus pulling up so we ran to it which is never good on a full stomach :hilarious:
Back at the Beach Club we decided we needed some ice cream so we grabbed some from The Marketplace
@TrolleyFollower91 I feel like I ate more ice cream this trip than I have ever eaten in my life so I hope you are proud :joyfull:
Oh also we took this photo of the cruise line ship because we are planning on (aka convincing our family) a cruise in 2021 I think :)
IMG_5272.JPG

My Mom had a Mickey bar and I had a creamsicle
IMG_5300.JPG

IMG_5301.JPG

Next up: pool time

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 4 continued
Post slide aftermath :joyfull:
DSCF2709.JPG

DSCF2710.JPG

Eventually the pool did close for lightening and rain so we headed back to the room and read on the balcony a bit. This was our 4th day so we were supposed to get full room service this day. Around 3:30 Mousekeeping knocked on the door and asked us if we were ready. My Mom said we weren't but we were leaving in 10-15 minutes so could they come back? The CM said no they would be gone by then 🤪
At this point we actually enjoyed not having our room cleaned because we weren't stuck waiting for them to get in/out of the room so we just asked for fresh towels and some shampoo/conditioner etc. The CM was like sure and she told us to take whatever we wanted out of her bin 😝. It was so weird. We took new towels and we thought she was done but came back 5 minutes later and handed my Mom and bunch of toilet paper.
DSC_0168.JPG

We then thought she was done but came back a few seconds later to grab our garbage (which had already been emptied several times) and take our old towels.
Then we asked for conditioner since it was not in the bin and she came back again with like 10 :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:
The whole thing was so weird ! We certainly did not want for toiletries the rest of the trip :hilarious:
Anyway, we got dressed into real people clothes and headed to the bus stop.
Somehow we ended up with a completely empty MK bus!
DSC_0172.JPG

DSC_0173.JPG

When we got to the MK we walked to the monorail station. We feel like it's not Disney until you get to ride the monorail so we rode all the way around.
DSC_0184.JPG

IMG_5305.JPG

Then we headed into the MK
DSC_0188.JPG

DSC_0189.JPG

DSC_0190.JPG

Next up: more MK

slipperalwaysfits

:geek::geek::joyfull: I have no idea. My Mom uses the same eyeliner as me and hers always comes off very fast. I do apply my eyeliner very thick though not sure if that helps. My daily eyeliner is waterproof in general. The mascara I used was pretty impressive to stay on. I think it was just e.l.f. and from Target for 10 dollars or something
[/QUOTE]
ELF for the win! I LOVE the ELF brand!
It seemed like there were a lot of people ahead of us but we only waited 4 minutes! Woohoo!
WOW! A Four minute wait! That's incredible for FEA!
Our final destination was Italy
Via Napoli is one of our favorites! Their pizza is amazing and so are all their other dishes! You're right. The pizza never takes as long as it says!
Megan did a video on her youtube channel. Here it is:
I didn't know you had a YOUTUBE channel! I'll have to check it out!!
Our last experience here was not great but this one made up for it
I find that's usually the case at Disney!
The sky looked awful!
It looked awful in terms of completing outside activities, perhaps! Or being caught in the rain! (With a pina colada!:geek::geek:) but I just love the way a dark sky looks with the bright sun. It's a weirdly pretty contrast for me. We get a lot of those here in Colorado in the summer!

Flight of Passage is a 40 minute wait or less would we wait ? Delusional thought because it was 180 minutes when we got there
How old will I be when I see a 40 minute wait for FOP? Maybe 15 years from now?
Then we finally made it to Everest!
BEST RIDE EVER!!!!

Glad you and your mom are getting epic pool time to save yourself from the heat! Yes, absolutely, convince the family to do a cruise!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 4 continued
Of course we ran smack into a parade because when do we not...
DSC_0198.JPG

DSC_0203.JPG

DSC_0209.JPG

DSC_0214.JPG

DSC_0224.JPG

DSC_0227.JPG

I forgot to take photos but they started putting up Halloween stuff this day - there were pumpkins on top of most of the buildings.
We did a bit of shopping then headed to Tomorrowland.
We wanted to do C of P but it was closed so we hopped in line for the Peoplemover. Within a minute it looked like C of P was open so we got out of line...but it wasn't. So we got back in line for Peoplemover and out one more time when my Mom thought it was open :joyfull::joyfull:
IMG_5311.JPG

So we just went on Buzz for our FP instead :hilarious:
IMG_5318.JPG

494422803.jpeg

We got this PP picture at some point too
494392355.jpeg

Next up: more MK

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom