Trip Report **COMPLETED** It's My Mom's Birthday and We Will Stay DVC If We Want To

Hello everyone!
We just got back from the World on Saturday night so it's time to start my Trip Report!

Who?
My Mom (Mary) and myself Megan
IMG_2148.JPG

Where?
The Beach Club Villas! It was our first DVC stay (hence the title) and we loved it!
DSC_0016.JPG

When?
August 9-17, 2019

Why?
Also as the title indicates it was my Mom's Birthday!

Day 1 August 9, 2019
We stayed at a hotel across from the airport the night before since our flight was pretty early and it was cheaper than parking my car at the airport. Plus it was Southwest Points :) So, we got ourselves out of bed at 3:30 am 😴
I completely forgot I said I would make the sign we usually use for our trip so I grabbed some computer paper from the hotel printers and my Mom made a makeshift one :joyfull:
DSC_0059.JPG

Could not keep my eyes open so we ended up with this one :joyfull:
DSC_0061.JPG

The hotel said that they would have to put us in a taxi because their shuttle did not run between midnight and 5 am. I was worried about getting all of our luggage into a taxi but when we went up to the desk around 4 am they had the shuttle ready. Hooray!
The Southwest Counter was not open when we got to the airport but it opened within a few minutes. Our luggage was checked and TSA precheck was open so we made it through security very quickly.
We stopped for our usual breakfast of bagels but they only had one so we got a bagel and a croissant
DSC_0064.JPG

The croissant was not very good but we were good with just the bagel :)
We headed to our gate and the therapy dog Jake was there! He usually does not start until 9 am but his owner knew a family flying to Disney so he brought him in. Of course I had to get a picture
dI++uGtxSXiUH5Gv2wscRg.jpg

Waiting to board our plane
yNvQ3LcUReeUH6s+rVXDvw.jpg

We boarded the plane super fast! We were in row 2!
PgPpQLOnTN22lwvax5LYVA.jpg

Gang is all here
otPvqHLbQjGsKMsG3V0+Lw.jpg

Magic Bands!
dtCjmYi1QFqJAe23vDbsUw.jpg

The entire plane was boarded by 5:55 except 2 passengers - so we were 15 minutes ahead of schedule except that we had to wait for them for about 10 minutes. It was a bit annoying and we ended up leaving a little late.

Next up: more traveling

Last edited:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
LOVE THE OLD PACKPACK! Someday, I'll break down at get a WDW backpack!

I've noticed most of the complainers end up loving things but won't admit it half the time. :rolleyes:

Thirty minutes for SDD really isn't bad that time of day! Good job and nice thinking on the fans!

I love the ride but I always get so stressed out about the launch. Not sure why.

The launch is the only part I seem to tolerate :hilarious:
Thank you! I love the old backpack too my new one was just a bit brighter for summer :)

Following! Happy Birthday to your Mom!!!

Thank you! And thank you for following

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
Some PP pictures on the way out
IMG_5027.JPG

IMG_5028.JPG

We (and by we I mean my Mom) decided we should walk home to burn off some of the calories we just ate. It was overcast and it did indeed rain on the way home but it was very light and it felt good actually.
Then it was finally time for us to explore the pool. We both agreed that this was the part we looked forward to most this trip. I could not wait to try Stormalong Bay Out!
IMG_5024.JPG

IMG_5025.JPG

IMG_5030.JPG

IMG_5039.JPG

IMG_5026.JPG

IMG_5299.JPG

DSCF0103.JPG

DSCF0104.JPG

I thought I was going to hate the sand bottom but it was awesome - plus it did not stick to you like we thought it would. We tried out the lazy man but my Mom had such a hard time with it she bailed half way through :joyfull::joyfull:. For some reason she was not really moving at all even with trying to kick and swim. The current is kind of weird and it is deep so I get it but it did not stop me from laughing at her about it :happy::facepalm:. We both got very nervous to try out the slide but eventually we did and we loved it!

Next up: more randomness

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
After our pool time we wanted something sweet so we checked out Beaches and Cream but it was packed so we decided to throw some clothes on (because we were in our bathing suits obviously) and walk over the Ample Hills.
IMG_5041.JPG

My Mom had Dark Chocolate ice cream and I had the Nonna D's Oatmeal Lace in honor of @ajrwdwgirl .
IMG_5043.JPG

IMG_5044.JPG

IMG_5045.JPG

For some reason I didn’t expect it to have such a strong taste of cinnamon. It was OK but I probably would not get it again (sorry @ajrwdwgirl ). My Mom did not really love hers either. :bored:
DSC_0223.JPG

DSC_0224.JPG

I wrote down that it was pouring rain so it must have been after we got back to our room. We relaxed in the room a bit and watched the end of the new Parent Trap which was on TV.
Thankfully it stopped raining because our big plan for the night was H2O Glow at Typhoon Lagoon. We considered eating dinner at Typhoon Lagoon but we did not want to get there too early before the party so we decided to eat at the hotel. Only we could not decide on anything there so we ended up walking back over to the Boardwalk and eating at the To Go Cart.
Continuing along the trend of terrible food choices in terms of grease we shared mozzarella sticks and Mac and cheese bites. Yum!
DSC_0230.JPG

DSC_0231.JPG

DSC_0234.JPG

We filled our cups at the Beach Club and walked them across the Boardwalk. I forgot we could have just filled them at the Boardwalk Bakery :geek:
DSC_0235.JPG

Next up: more fun

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
After our dinner we walked back, got ready, and headed to the bus stop. It is nice that we could take a direct bus to Typhoon Lagoon!
Er...actually apparently we took these photos first in the Villas lobby (er...and one of the rain).
DSC_0219.JPG

DSC_0237.JPG

DSC_0239.JPG

DSC_0240.JPG

IMG_5066.JPG

DSC_0243.JPG

This year we got glow bracelets right when we walked in which were cool and much easier for them to tell who was and was not a party guest.
DSC_0249.JPG

DSC_0250.JPG

Last year we got there a little after the party started but this year we got there at 7:30. It was weird because the park was still open for 30 minutes and there were TONS of nonparty guests so it was hard to find seats. They were also still setting up. We could have done some slides but we wanted to stay dry for character photos so we kind of just wandered around.
DSC_0256.JPG

DSC_0257.JPG

Next up: more H2O Glow

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
fullsizeoutput_3bde.jpeg

DSC_0260.JPG

DSC_0262.JPG

We ended up sitting at a chair right where Jessie and Woody meet so we were one of the first to meet them. Their set ups were much more involved this year!
This was Woody looking for Forky :joyfull:
493092327.jpeg

I'm actually not sure why this photo is a bit blurry
IMG_5081.JPG

Then we met Buzz
IMG_5080.JPG

Then Forky (the lighting here was awful).
IMG_5079.JPG

The PP CM with Forky let us know there was a special AP meet and greet with Bo Peep so we got to meet her too! We bonded over the pockets in my coverup :)
IMG_5077.JPG

IMG_5078.JPG

IMG_5076.JPG

Next up: more TL

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
DSC_0271.JPG

DSC_0275.JPG

DSC_0276.JPG
DSC_0277.JPG

After all our photos we did the same exact thing as the year before :)
Miss Adventure Falls. The CM noticed we were dry and we told her we wanted to do photos first. She said that was smart but we needed to catch up so she splashed water on me :hilarious::hilarious: Then we went on Crush n Gusher.
Then a quick pit stop for some dancing :joyfull:
DSC_0280.JPG

DSC_0282.JPG

The Lazy Man River was next. We said we did not care about the speciality floats because we got to try so many last year but then……
(prepare for very blurry waterproof camera photos)
DSCF2652.JPG

DSCF2658.JPG

DSCF2660.JPG

DSCF2670.JPG

Next up: finishing up H2O Glow

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
DSCF2678.JPG

After this we wanted to try one of the speciality drinks so we got Galactic Punch. It was essentially just sprite with lime boba balls.
IMG_5074.JPG

IMG_5075.JPG

The boba balls were good but the rest was super bland.
Finally, we watched Rex for a bit and sat in the wave pool for a few minutes. We missed the actual big waves but we were exhausted so we headed out.
IMG_5072.JPG

When we walked out a CM asked us if we needed a bus. We said yes and he said OK you will have to transfer at DS then. My Mom and I were both like nope…we will take a Minnie Van then. He seemed offended :bored:
We could have taken an Uber but truthfully I get nervous after hearing all these stories about people getting murdered/hurt etc so I tend to not take Ubers/Lyfts even at home unless I’m with a guy or I’m with several friends and we can share our ride progress with someone. So, an expensive Minnie Van it was. We ended up waiting quite a bit for the Minnie Van but it was still much faster than transferring buses. Also…nicer to be in a warm car when in wet clothes.
Eventually we made it home and off to bed we went! We had an absolute blast at H20 Glow again! Although, unless something changes, I don’t think we will go back again for awhile since it was essentially the same exact thing we did last year. At least at the holiday parties we mix it up a bit.

Next up: Day 3

Lily5170

Day 1 continued
View attachment 400986
View attachment 400987
Our room was actually ready very early in the day so after Space Mountain we headed out of the park.
We lucked out with a bus being there already and we got back to the Beach Club super fast!
The Villas are not too far off the Main Lobby so that was nice!
I was super excited because when we walked into the room they already had my Mom's Birthday surprises there :)
I got her this basket of treats (which honestly most of them were stale - which is annoying based on how much they cost)
View attachment 400993
Toy Story themed flowers
View attachment 400994
And balloons!
View attachment 400995
They called me in a panic the day before and asked if my Mom was turning 65 or 56 :hilarious:
My Mom told me I should have said 56 :)
View attachment 400996
I took some photos of the room since it was our first DVC stay. We were in a Studio
TV/dresser/table/bed where the table is area (we never pulled that one down)
View attachment 400997
The one bed in the room
View attachment 400998
Then the couch/pullout. I slept on that - it was pretty comfortable actually!
View attachment 400999
I loved how much room there was when the couch was up. We put the bed away every day and it felt more like a living room which obviously is the point.

Next up: more room

Oh no. I ordered a great big gift basket for my sons 16th end of oktober. I hope we won't get stale stuff as like you said, it is expensive.

jmunzert

Day 2 continued
View attachment 401919
After this we wanted to try one of the speciality drinks so we got Galactic Punch. It was essentially just sprite with lime boba balls.
View attachment 401920
View attachment 401921

The boba balls were good but the rest was super bland.
Finally, we watched Rex for a bit and sat in the wave pool for a few minutes. We missed the actual big waves but we were exhausted so we headed out.
View attachment 401922
When we walked out a CM asked us if we needed a bus. We said yes and he said OK you will have to transfer at DS then. My Mom and I were both like nope…we will take a Minnie Van then. He seemed offended :bored:
We could have taken an Uber but truthfully I get nervous after hearing all these stories about people getting murdered/hurt etc so I tend to not take Ubers/Lyfts even at home unless I’m with a guy or I’m with several friends and we can share our ride progress with someone. So, an expensive Minnie Van it was. We ended up waiting quite a bit for the Minnie Van but it was still much faster than transferring buses. Also…nicer to be in a warm car when in wet clothes.
Eventually we made it home and off to bed we went! We had an absolute blast at H20 Glow again! Although, unless something changes, I don’t think we will go back again for awhile since it was essentially the same exact thing we did last year. At least at the holiday parties we mix it up a bit.

Next up: Day 3
how does your makeup still look so good after all the water activity? one dunk and even my "waterproof" eyeliner ends up down my face, loving the TR!!!

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Day 1 continued
View attachment 399863
The flight was very quick and we landed in Florida around 8:25 am :)
Fonorail time!
View attachment 399864
View attachment 399865
View attachment 399866
You guys...where the heck is Mickey!?
View attachment 399867
And Goofy ?!
View attachment 399868
Bummer...if the store construction completely takes Mickey away I am going to be very sad.
Anyway, we made our way down to DME.
View attachment 399869
We got right on the bus!
View attachment 399870
And we left pretty quickly which was nice. We were the 3rd stop. The first was the Caribbean and it was the first time we saw the skyliner moving - it was super neat to see!
View attachment 399871
The first thing we did at The Beachclub was change our credit cards around and the second thing we did was get a treat and some caffeine :hilarious:
My Mom got a Goofy cupcake (I think it was peanut butter and chocolate)
View attachment 399876

Next up: more Day 1

I don't know if I can read a TR from you that doesn't start with an airport mickey pic!

Day 1 continued
I got this orange creamsicle vanilla treat
It was literally amazing! I love creamsicles and it tasted just like it
View attachment 399877
What is weird about staying at a new resort is not knowing where anything is. I had to ask a CM (the Captain in the lobby actually :joyfull: ) where the Marketplace is :)
Anyway, I did at least know where the bus stop was so we headed over there. We made it just in time to squeeze onto the MK bus. We were very lucky with timing this day :)
We stopped for a PP picture right away
View attachment 399878
View attachment 399879
I feel like we wandered around a bit
View attachment 399880
View attachment 399881
Merida had a short wait and we never met her before so we decided to jump in line.
View attachment 399882
View attachment 399883
View attachment 399884
She was cool to meet and it was a Disney Check :)
We stopped for another PP picture after this at the Wishing Well. So happy to be able enjoy this area without smokers to be honest.
View attachment 399885
View attachment 399888

Next up: more MK

Merida is my favorite meet. She's so good with A and I feel like she connects in such a unique way.

Minnesota disney fan

I'm here late again! I love your trip reports with your Mom! Our daughter "crashes" our Disney trips for several days to get out of the snow and cold!!! It's a lot of fun to share Disney with her! BTW I', with you on RRC. I get a headache after that ride too, so I usually skip it.
Thanks for the report on the oatmeal lace ice cream. I wanted to try it too, but I don't care for that much cinnamon. So, now I know not to try it. If it didn't have cinnamon I probably would have tried it.

slipperalwaysfits

It is nice that we could take a direct bus to Typhoon Lagoon!
Er...actually apparently we took these photos first in the Villas lobby (er...and one of the rain).

I'm glad the rain stopped for you! I never mind the rain in Florida....it cools things off nicely.

Oh my gosh you guys I forgot to say I got my sunglasses in the mail yesterday !! They found them!! Woohoo!!!
That’s amazing you got your sunglasses back! I’m impressed by Disney’s lost and found process!

Truly, truly their lost and found process is incredible! We lost my husband's rain jacket one year and he knew exactly where he'd left it and when (Pinocchio Village Haus one evening) and it arrived in our mailbox about a week after we returned home. Another win for Disney Customer Service!

The Typhoon Lagoon party sounds nice but I agree: there are things I like to do but not sure if it's the best use of my time on a Disney trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom