Trip Report **COMPLETED** It's My Mom's Birthday and We Will Stay DVC If We Want To

Hello everyone!
We just got back from the World on Saturday night so it's time to start my Trip Report!

Who?
My Mom (Mary) and myself Megan
IMG_2148.JPG

Where?
The Beach Club Villas! It was our first DVC stay (hence the title) and we loved it!
DSC_0016.JPG

When?
August 9-17, 2019

Why?
Also as the title indicates it was my Mom's Birthday!

Day 1 August 9, 2019
We stayed at a hotel across from the airport the night before since our flight was pretty early and it was cheaper than parking my car at the airport. Plus it was Southwest Points :) So, we got ourselves out of bed at 3:30 am 😴
I completely forgot I said I would make the sign we usually use for our trip so I grabbed some computer paper from the hotel printers and my Mom made a makeshift one :joyfull:
DSC_0059.JPG

Could not keep my eyes open so we ended up with this one :joyfull:
DSC_0061.JPG

The hotel said that they would have to put us in a taxi because their shuttle did not run between midnight and 5 am. I was worried about getting all of our luggage into a taxi but when we went up to the desk around 4 am they had the shuttle ready. Hooray!
The Southwest Counter was not open when we got to the airport but it opened within a few minutes. Our luggage was checked and TSA precheck was open so we made it through security very quickly.
We stopped for our usual breakfast of bagels but they only had one so we got a bagel and a croissant
DSC_0064.JPG

The croissant was not very good but we were good with just the bagel :)
We headed to our gate and the therapy dog Jake was there! He usually does not start until 9 am but his owner knew a family flying to Disney so he brought him in. Of course I had to get a picture
dI++uGtxSXiUH5Gv2wscRg.jpg

Waiting to board our plane
yNvQ3LcUReeUH6s+rVXDvw.jpg

We boarded the plane super fast! We were in row 2!
PgPpQLOnTN22lwvax5LYVA.jpg

Gang is all here
otPvqHLbQjGsKMsG3V0+Lw.jpg

Magic Bands!
dtCjmYi1QFqJAe23vDbsUw.jpg

The entire plane was boarded by 5:55 except 2 passengers - so we were 15 minutes ahead of schedule except that we had to wait for them for about 10 minutes. It was a bit annoying and we ended up leaving a little late.

Next up: more traveling

Last edited:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
I'm in! I followed along in Instagram too (I just had made one after my wife showed me a hilarious video of equity ben and a 3 legged bear, and then remembered seeing people post they follow you on there too!)

Aww thanks for following. :)

The anticipation of going to Disney is so great, but unplanned waiting makes it almost impossible! I would have gone crazy!

It's so fun to find a treat that is absolutely incredibly delicious!

Where's the "gaze into each other's eyes" Mom and Daughter pic? @Tuvalu ??! :jawdrop::rolleyes: I'm kidding but you're lucky you weren't asked to do it! @Doc Disney

I forgot about that gazing picture :joyfull:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 1 continued
Some random photos
fullsizeoutput_3a04.jpeg

DSC_0088.JPG

fullsizeoutput_3a03.jpeg

We were getting pretty hot at this point so we wandered over to Philharmagic
DSC_0092.JPG

We actually had a bit of a wait which was surprising. I feel like a lot of people wanted out of the heat
A light for you...
DSC_0097.JPG

Then we apparently needed more AC and headed to the Country Bears
IMG_4909.JPG

Some more lights...
DSC_0099.JPG

DSC_0100.JPG

IMG_4912.JPG

Max is my favorite part (and no not you @amjt660 :hilarious: )
DSC_0101.JPG

Next up: more MK

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 1 continued
After Country Bears it was time for our first FP POTC!
DSC_0109.JPG

491830318.jpeg

IMG_5297.JPG

IMG_5296.JPG

Then it was time for lunch...
DSC_0106.JPG

We actually never ate at Pecos Bill before so we were happy to to get a check!
It was nuts in there so we ended up eating outside at a a bar setup
IMG_4918.JPG

We shared the taco trio - 2 chicken and 1 ground beef
As an aside the toppings bar was packed and gross so I grabbed a few things only - I wish there was a better way of doing it.
IMG_4917.JPG

We also shared nachos and cheese and guac.
IMG_4916.JPG

Everything was super yum! We were happy we tried it!

Last edited:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 1 continued
After lunch it was time for our next FP...oh but wait...another light by the Splash bathrooms
DSC_0112.JPG

DSC_0114.JPG

It was a very slow pass - we ended up waiting for 30 minutes
But ...hey...back row!!
IMG_4926.JPG

IMG_4927.JPG

After our wild ride we headed to Tomorrowland for some Peoplemover action
DSC_0118.JPG

DSC_0120.JPG

DSC_0123.JPG

Then it was finally time for our last FP - Space Mt!
This was also a major slow pass. Apparently there was lightening in the area so a lot of attractions closed and a lot of people were using their replacement FP here
DSC_0126.JPG

IMG_4928.JPG

StitchSNK

Wahoo! I am following along. I love staying at the Beach Club! It is my favorite resort! I hope you enjoyed Stormalong Bay and Beaches n Cream! Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip! I hope your mom's birthday was magical!

slipperalwaysfits

Yay! Pecos Bill! I haven't been since they remolded it. It seems good, but I do wish the MK had another burger joint. We used to go to Pecos Bill for burgers.

Yes, we notice most people use their "multiple experience" FP as one for the roller coasters. We end up on SM a lot! :geek:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
YAY! So excited to follow along! :)
Beach Club looks so great!

NOOOO!!!!! 😭

It was awesome ! And seriously I know Mickey better come back !

Wahoo! I am following along. I love staying at the Beach Club! It is my favorite resort! I hope you enjoyed Stormalong Bay and Beaches n Cream! Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip! I hope your mom's birthday was magical!

We loved Stormalong Bay!!!! I don't think anyone here at home understands it :joyfull: I feel like you have to see it to believe it

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom