Trip Report *COMPLETED* How Much Magic Can We Cram Into 2 Days???....Allllll the Magic (if you know you know)

As the quote goes “Just when I thought I was out they pull me back in”. Welcome to my first trip report in 6 years. I honestly didn’t think I’d ever write a trip report again, but here we are. Maybe I’ll do more of these in the future.

If you’re interested in the pre-trip report, here’s the link: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/lets-see-if-i-can-remember-how-to-do-one-of-these-things.980385/

If you want the quick summary, then here goes:

Who’s travelling this time: This time it is just Tammy (my DW) and me (Graham).
us.jpeg

It was our 25th anniversary at the end of August, and we wanted to do something with just the two of us. We would have gone closer to our anniversary, but our daughter Steph got married mid-August, so we decided to wait to give us time to settle down from the busy summer. As a side note, Steph and her husband Calvin went to Disney for their honeymoon and had a great time.
c and S.jpeg

When - We were there from September 20-23 (this was kind of a last minute add-on to the start of our planned anniversary trip (a cruise out of Miami)).

Where – We stayed at the Villas at Copper Creek in a studio.

A little preamble

5 years ago (September 2018) we walked out of the parks on the last day of our annual Disney vacation, fully expecting to be back the following year. However after 10 straight years of annual Disney vacations, we decided to take “just 1 year off” and do something non-Disney for a change, but fully planned on going back the next year….That was 2019….Remember 2020?? I remember reading the news in early 2020 that Shanghai Disney was being shut down because of some unknow virus that was spreading in Asia. That was closely followed by all Disney Parks around the world being shut down as Covid spread around the globe. Two weeks to flatten the curve turned into over 2 full years of travel restrictions for Canadians, which lead to 5 years of no Disney for us.

To say we were looking forward to this trip would be an understatement.

A lot had changed from the last time we were at Disney. Back in 2018 you booked your 3 advanced fastpasses (for free) 60 days before you arrived at the parks, and dining reservations were made 180 days before your trip. When you arrived in Orlando you just walked off the plane and onto a bus that was “free”, that took you right to your resort and your bags just magically showed up a few hours later.

Now we have to pay for fastpasses, collect our own bags and arrange our own transportation. This isn’t a complaint, just stating the facts. Despite these changes, we were really looking forward to being back at Disney.

So let’s get started…

erstwo

This was such a fun trip report!
I am dying over that Hei Hei/ Moana rooster costume! I have a beagle mix who NEEDS that costume (fits his personality 🤣) but it’s sold out online! 😱😭. Going to look for it after Christmas at DS.
Loved the Tron review. I have yet to ride it and I love reading first time experiences. It’s killing me to have been so close so many times and not been on it yet. But soon!
Congrats on your 25th!

littleroo

Congratulations on 25 years together! It seems you got a lot out of a 2 day trip especially all that candy. I hope you brought an extra suitcase. Thanks for the great pictures and sharing!
Hungry Cbs GIF by Paramount+

kimberlymautz

Sounds like such a fun trip! My best friend has a overlapping trip planned! They're going in November 2024 for a week, but her brother can only Thursday before to Wednesday and her parents can only do Monday - Friday so they'll be together for part of the trip, but they'll also have time without anyone else and with each group individually too which is nice. Maybe something like that will work out for your next trip. :happy:

Wicked Sisters

In the Parks
No
Loved reading your about your two days in the parks. We enjoyed Earl of Sandwich and LTT was our favourite meal as well. Really hope you all get back there next year.

amjt660

Premium Member
Great trip report of a “way to short” return to WDW - thanks for taking the time and effort to share it
Looking forward to the prep and the actual trip next year
We have now done two trips with 6 of us and they have been fun
For the most part we stuck together but having the flexibility to split up and do our own thing was nice too

Max

lindawdw

Congratulations on your 25th anniversary!!! It sounds like this trip was a great re-introduction to the wonderful world of Disney! I enjoyed reading all about your Halloween party adventures. Tron is a fabulous addition to the MK and we can't wait to bring our adult children with us in a few weeks to experience it!!! Thank you for sharing this fun trip and look forward to hearing all about your 2024 trip when you begin the planning!

gwhb75

Original Poster
This was such a fun trip report!
I am dying over that Hei Hei/ Moana rooster costume! I have a beagle mix who NEEDS that costume (fits his personality 🤣) but it’s sold out online! 😱😭. Going to look for it after Christmas at DS.
Loved the Tron review. I have yet to ride it and I love reading first time experiences. It’s killing me to have been so close so many times and not been on it yet. But soon!
Congrats on your 25th!
Steph really wanted us to get the Hei Hei costume for Cooper.

Tron was fantastic. I really enjoyed it (I think Tammy would have too. She'll need to try it next time).

gwhb75

Original Poster
Congratulations on 25 years together! It seems you got a lot out of a 2 day trip especially all that candy. I hope you brought an extra suitcase. Thanks for the great pictures and sharing!
Hungry Cbs GIF by Paramount+
Thank-you

We ended up sharing a lot of the candy with our room steward on the ship. He was quite happy.

gwhb75

Original Poster
Coming Back Leonardo Dicaprio GIF by Killers of the Flower Moon

What a great trip report! I also wish you had stayed a couple more days. I’ll be waiting for the family report next fall. :bookworm:
I would have liked to have stayed 2 more days just to do a day in each park. At least we have something to look forward to next time.

I saw in your last trip report that you're "tapping out" of the trip report game. Maybe after some time away you'll have the itch to do one again like I did. Either way, thanks for sharing your trips with us. Hoping you'll still be around to harass me to get any future trip reports done ;).

Last edited:

gwhb75

Original Poster
Sounds like such a fun trip! My best friend has a overlapping trip planned! They're going in November 2024 for a week, but her brother can only Thursday before to Wednesday and her parents can only do Monday - Friday so they'll be together for part of the trip, but they'll also have time without anyone else and with each group individually too which is nice. Maybe something like that will work out for your next trip. :happy:
We had a great time

We have talked about doing something similar. Tammy and I may want to stay longer than the rest of them can/want to, so we may have a few different permutations of who is around on any given day.

gwhb75

Original Poster
Thanks for sharing @gwhb75 and glad you made it back! I'm anxious to trying out Tron myself (looking like a Summer of 2024 trip for us). Halloween party looked like a lot of fun and it's great that Tammy seems to enjoy WDW as much as you do. All the best to you and the family and good luck with the family trip next year!
Thanks. We both really enjoy Disney (although I think we just enjoy being together). Definitely have to ride Tron (and I'm sure you can get some great pics).

Hopefully your 2024 trip works out and we get another @fractal trip report.

gwhb75

Original Poster
Loved reading your about your two days in the parks. We enjoyed Earl of Sandwich and LTT was our favourite meal as well. Really hope you all get back there next year.
Thanks. We really crammed a lot in to 2 days. Hopefully the next trip can be a bit slower.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom