Trip Report COMPLETED (finally!)....Did we move to WDW? Nope just a two week trip!

Hello WDW Magic friends and welcome to my trip report. I have done a few trip reports in the past of both WDW and Disneyland. My most recent report was a Spring Break trip to WDW. So if you've read one of my reports before....welcome back friends! If you haven't read one before....welcome new friend!

A little background information

People going: Me (Amy) and my husband (Brad), you'll see enough of our pictures later.

"People" we are leaving behind to go on our trip: Our miniature schnauzer Kapono, she keeps trying to come with us though. She stays with my sister and her family and Kapono has some fur cousins to play with there and is well taken care of which is a relief for me and Brad too I guess.
IMG_2394.JPG

Our travel days July 4 -July 19. The days actually spent in WDW would be the 5th-19th. We live in Wisconsin but very close to Minneapolis/St. Paul so we fly from there. It wouldn't be a bad drive to the airport in the morning, but I like to stay near the airport the night before departure.

Since we were going to be in WDW for so long we got a lot of comments from friends joking with us that we must be moving in, hence the title of the report here.

Our Resort: All Star Movies. We don't spend much time in the room so all we need is a clean place to sleep, shower, and store our stuff. We really aren't pool people, although we do use the pool, but if we built in a lot of pool time we would stay at the Beach Club again! Side note: The first time we ever tried to stay at the Movies we were upgraded upon check in to the Beach Club! We didn't ask for it, the magic just happened, it was the best deluxe accommodations for All Star prices! So now whenever we stay at the Movies we keep our fingers crossed on check in day!

Okay so let's start shall we....

On July 4th we spent most of the day with my sister and her family and left Kapono at her "vacation home" for the next two weeks. We drove up to the Minneapolis airport area by the Mall of America, and made a quick stop at Sam's Club for one more discount Disney gift card. The Sam's Club was closing, actually it was 10 minutes before their posted close time and the lady at the door didn't want to let us in. We literally had to go over to a stand near the register and get a gift card, she even called her manager who said it was okay to let us in. We departed the store 3 minutes before for the posted close time! Take that lady! Anyway, it was dinner time but neither of us wanted to sit in a restaurant we just wanted to relax in the hotel room for the night. So there was a sub place and a Lee Ann Chin (Minnesota based Chinese take out chain), and Chinese won out. So we got our take out and checked into the hotel for the night and ate our take out, and watched a Capital Fourth on PBS. Which was fantastic this year with John Stamos as the host. :inlove:

Us with our Chinese take out!
IMG_3251.JPG

IMG_3252.JPG

Our flight left early, but we are early birds so despite being 5 minutes away from the terminal we got there early. Plus we were too excited to sleep! Funny thing, we flipped on the tv while we were getting ready and the Steve Harvey show was on and it was one of the Epcot episodes from earlier in the year that he was recording when we were there in March. We don't normally watch that show and we didn't go to the recording but we saw it being on as a good sign that the Disney gods were with us!
IMG_6519.JPG

We arrived in Orlando after an uneventful flight. We enjoyed some movies and tried to nap but again we were just too excited to sleep!
IMG_3255.JPG

Magical Express load went quick and soon we were HOME!
IMG_6521.JPG

And despite doing online check in and requesting early arrival our room wasn't ready. But that was fine, we had to stop at the front desk any way. I had lots of gift cards in my purse that we wanted to put on our account, we wanted to decline Mousekeeping, and make sure our room had a good position for the 2 weeks. Now we did decline Mousekeeping but we did have our room serviced twice while we were there. We are fairly neat, and I'm always tidying up the room anyway even with Mousekeeping so we figured we could survive without having it every day. Plus with the extra money we would be able to enjoy a good meal or some good drinks at Trader Sam's. So with all that squared away we put our carry ons with bell services and headed to the bus stop with a quick gander at the gift shop.

IMG_6525.JPG

IMG_6526.JPG

Next up: Disney Springs!

Pat Di

I've really enjoyed your trip report. The pictures were fantastic!! Thank you - and I look forward to the Disneyland trip report.

CaliKris

I am really enjoying your trip report so far. I have not finished yet, but I just had to ask if you were in Disneyland on Black Friday. I thought I saw you and then your husband in a green Merry Christmas T-shirt. I was so stunned and by the time I figured out who you were, you two had passed by me and my family. I may have stared at your husband a little too long, so if he remembers a blond in her 50's who looked like she was stalking him in Tomorrowland that was me. Ha, ha!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
I am really enjoying your trip report so far. I have not finished yet, but I just had to ask if you were in Disneyland on Black Friday. I thought I saw you and then your husband in a green Merry Christmas T-shirt. I was so stunned and by the time I figured out who you were, you two had passed by me and my family. I may have stared at your husband a little too long, so if he remembers a blond in her 50's who looked like she was stalking him in Tomorrowland that was me. Ha, ha!

Yes we were in Disneyland on Black Friday. We didn't notice anyone staring at us, but I wish you would have said hello it would have been fun to say hello. We were wearing matching green shirts (Santa even complimented us on them.)

LauraRose

Lunch today was at the Plaza. I wanted to share a chocolate shake but hubs said he wasn't in the mood. Since I didn't want one all on my own, there was no ice cream for us today.

View attachment 302869

View attachment 302882

We did have an enjoyable lunch. B got the brisket burger with chips.
View attachment 302870

And I got the Ruben which wasn't really a Ruben because I hate sauerkraut and asked them to leave it off. So it was a delicious corned beef sandwich. I got the fries. We both wanted fries and chips so we did share those. It was a mistake getting the fries, they were fine but the house-made chips were infinitely better.
View attachment 302871

If you don't mind looking at food with a bite out of it, here's a closer look.
View attachment 302879

After lunch we had a fast pass for 7D (I think I said we used it earlier, but I was wrong. It was after lunch.) Then we headed out of the park to swim and nap.

Here is us being dorks on a mine train.
View attachment 302883

I have my hands in this jazz-hands style because I didn't want to block the lady behind me in case she actually wanted to see her face in the on-ride picture.
View attachment 302884
I’m so so late reading this but I love having a whole trip report to read at once!! Really enjoying so far.

From a fellow gal who is always blocked by people’s hands on ride photos, thank you for being considerate :joyfull:
4FF59C2C-B223-40A6-8550-11B1F3C73D86.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom