Trip Report COMPLETED (finally!)....Did we move to WDW? Nope just a two week trip!

Hello WDW Magic friends and welcome to my trip report. I have done a few trip reports in the past of both WDW and Disneyland. My most recent report was a Spring Break trip to WDW. So if you've read one of my reports before....welcome back friends! If you haven't read one before....welcome new friend!

A little background information

People going: Me (Amy) and my husband (Brad), you'll see enough of our pictures later.

"People" we are leaving behind to go on our trip: Our miniature schnauzer Kapono, she keeps trying to come with us though. She stays with my sister and her family and Kapono has some fur cousins to play with there and is well taken care of which is a relief for me and Brad too I guess.
IMG_2394.JPG

Our travel days July 4 -July 19. The days actually spent in WDW would be the 5th-19th. We live in Wisconsin but very close to Minneapolis/St. Paul so we fly from there. It wouldn't be a bad drive to the airport in the morning, but I like to stay near the airport the night before departure.

Since we were going to be in WDW for so long we got a lot of comments from friends joking with us that we must be moving in, hence the title of the report here.

Our Resort: All Star Movies. We don't spend much time in the room so all we need is a clean place to sleep, shower, and store our stuff. We really aren't pool people, although we do use the pool, but if we built in a lot of pool time we would stay at the Beach Club again! Side note: The first time we ever tried to stay at the Movies we were upgraded upon check in to the Beach Club! We didn't ask for it, the magic just happened, it was the best deluxe accommodations for All Star prices! So now whenever we stay at the Movies we keep our fingers crossed on check in day!

Okay so let's start shall we....

On July 4th we spent most of the day with my sister and her family and left Kapono at her "vacation home" for the next two weeks. We drove up to the Minneapolis airport area by the Mall of America, and made a quick stop at Sam's Club for one more discount Disney gift card. The Sam's Club was closing, actually it was 10 minutes before their posted close time and the lady at the door didn't want to let us in. We literally had to go over to a stand near the register and get a gift card, she even called her manager who said it was okay to let us in. We departed the store 3 minutes before for the posted close time! Take that lady! Anyway, it was dinner time but neither of us wanted to sit in a restaurant we just wanted to relax in the hotel room for the night. So there was a sub place and a Lee Ann Chin (Minnesota based Chinese take out chain), and Chinese won out. So we got our take out and checked into the hotel for the night and ate our take out, and watched a Capital Fourth on PBS. Which was fantastic this year with John Stamos as the host. :inlove:

Us with our Chinese take out!
IMG_3251.JPG

IMG_3252.JPG

Our flight left early, but we are early birds so despite being 5 minutes away from the terminal we got there early. Plus we were too excited to sleep! Funny thing, we flipped on the tv while we were getting ready and the Steve Harvey show was on and it was one of the Epcot episodes from earlier in the year that he was recording when we were there in March. We don't normally watch that show and we didn't go to the recording but we saw it being on as a good sign that the Disney gods were with us!
IMG_6519.JPG

We arrived in Orlando after an uneventful flight. We enjoyed some movies and tried to nap but again we were just too excited to sleep!
IMG_3255.JPG

Magical Express load went quick and soon we were HOME!
IMG_6521.JPG

And despite doing online check in and requesting early arrival our room wasn't ready. But that was fine, we had to stop at the front desk any way. I had lots of gift cards in my purse that we wanted to put on our account, we wanted to decline Mousekeeping, and make sure our room had a good position for the 2 weeks. Now we did decline Mousekeeping but we did have our room serviced twice while we were there. We are fairly neat, and I'm always tidying up the room anyway even with Mousekeeping so we figured we could survive without having it every day. Plus with the extra money we would be able to enjoy a good meal or some good drinks at Trader Sam's. So with all that squared away we put our carry ons with bell services and headed to the bus stop with a quick gander at the gift shop.

IMG_6525.JPG

IMG_6526.JPG

Next up: Disney Springs!

susan lees

When we got out to the viewing area it was raining, but it was a light rain. We had our ponchos with so it wasn't a big deal, although it meant I had to drink my roadie beer faster. It also meant no sitting on the ground to relax and watch the show as I had pictured. Oh well, by standing we burned off more of those Star Wars dessert calories right? I've hear that standing burns more calories than sitting, and if it doesn't don't take way my dream....

So here are a few pictures of the Movie Magic Show and the Star Wars show for you to enjoy....
View attachment 302363View attachment 302364View attachment 302365

I really like the Movie Magic show, it has scenes from some of my favorite movies (Indy, Mary Poppins, & Guardians) but it also features Zorro. Last summer I decided to check out the Zorro series from my library system. I was sure that I wouldn't like it but something made me check it out anyway. I ended up loving the series and was very sad when I got to the last episode. I wish that Disney had gone longer than 2 seasons for it, but I guess there so issues and never returned to the series to have more episodes as planned. Luckily seasons of tv shows had more episodes in the 1950's than today so there was still a lot of Zorro for me to watch. Anyway, if you have never seen the Zorro episodes, do yourself a favor check them out, it is fantastic!
View attachment 302366View attachment 302367

Time for Star Wars.
View attachment 302368View attachment 302369View attachment 302370View attachment 302371

This is a picture of the Star Wars gear from the night back in our room. The AT AT popcorn bucket was not from the party, but hubs has been wanting it for a long time and it was always sold out so he pounced on it as soon as he saw it that night. The Phasma mug is from the party, which he was pretty stoked about because the last time we got Chewy mugs.
View attachment 302372

So that is the end of Day one....plenty more to come!
standing definitely does burn off more calories. But wait calories don't exist in wdw 😂😂

Songbird76

@ajrwdwgirl have you heard of Brian Hull, by any chance? He’s a voice actor who has a channel on YouTube (he does voice impressions of lots of Disney and Pixar characters). Anyway, he came down to WDW a couple of months ago, and did all of the Launch Bay meet-and-greets (including Kylo). The character interactions were really funny...the link for the video he made is below:

He is so good!! My daughter found his videos on youtube and showed me, but I haven't seen this one yet. I saw the one with Mushu, Donald, Mickey, etc...well, he does a lot, but they are all SO good!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Day Two: July 6th

Today was a Magic Kingdom Morning! After a breakfast of Mickey waffles I was ready to go.
IMG_3380.JPG

We had a fast pass for Peter Pan and 7 Dwarfs later so we didn't need to rush to those so we decided to head to Tomorrowland first.
IMG_6623.JPG

We took a spin on Buzz.
IMG_2747.JPG

Then we did some the photo ops for the Incredibles, no one else was doing them so we got through them very quickly.
IMG_6624.JPG

IMG_3385.JPG

IMG_3388.JPG

IMG_6645.JPG

I took a couple solo spins on the tea cups.
IMG_3390.JPG

We also rode Dumbo, Barnstormer, it's a small world, and then Peter Pan.
IMG_3391.JPG

IMG_6655.JPG

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
As we spent our time in the Magic Kingdom we got to the best part of the morning was to have a snack. Brad wanted a pickle and I wanted a citrus swirl so we went our separate ways and met back up with our snacks.

I think my snack was better, and really both were healthy. I mean mine did have orange juice. Okay maybe his pickle was healthier...
IMG_3398.JPG

After snacks we rode Big Thunder and then hopped on the train to Main Street.
IMG_6659.JPG

Once on Main Street we saw the dance parade go by, but we were really there for the main attraction...
IMG_6661.JPG

IMG_6672.JPG

And the Main Attraction....yep the Dapper Dans!
IMG_6662.JPG

IMG_6663.JPG

They were fantastic as always and my husband was thrilled. If you've read my trip reports before you might know that my husband has a major fascination with the Dans.

After the Dans we spent some time on Main Street checking out the art shop and the glass shop. I don't remember how much this figment painting was but I do wish it had come home with me.
IMG_3408.JPG

IMG_6664.JPG

IMG_6667.JPG

IMG_6673.JPG

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
I thought these little Mickey & Minnie snowman were cute in the glass shop.
IMG_6674.JPG

We also spent some time exploring the Emporium. Again some pictures of merch I thought was cool, but not cool enough to buy. I also love how fancy Mickey and Minnie are in the Emporium display.
IMG_6688.JPG

IMG_6689.JPG

IMG_6690.JPG

IMG_6691.JPG

I loved watching Talespin as a kid. I actually was a little too old to watch the show when it originally aired, but we only got 4 tv channels, so I watched and loved it. I did like Ducktales and Rescue Rangers better (so I did end up buying those mugs).
IMG_6692.JPG

IMG_6694.JPG

IMG_6695.JPG

IMG_6696.JPG

And before lunch we caught the Friendship Faire from afar, that's why the picture is blurry, I had to zoom in. We stayed in a shady spot outside the hub to watch. I like the show I just wish there was a covered area/theater to watch it in, like Mickey and the Magical Map in Disneyland.
IMG_6687.JPG

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Lunch today was at the Plaza. I wanted to share a chocolate shake but hubs said he wasn't in the mood. Since I didn't want one all on my own, there was no ice cream for us today.

IMG_3412.JPG

IMG_2767.JPG

We did have an enjoyable lunch. B got the brisket burger with chips.
IMG_3414.JPG

And I got the Ruben which wasn't really a Ruben because I hate sauerkraut and asked them to leave it off. So it was a delicious corned beef sandwich. I got the fries. We both wanted fries and chips so we did share those. It was a mistake getting the fries, they were fine but the house-made chips were infinitely better.
IMG_3416.JPG

If you don't mind looking at food with a bite out of it, here's a closer look.
IMG_3417.JPG

After lunch we had a fast pass for 7D (I think I said we used it earlier, but I was wrong. It was after lunch.) Then we headed out of the park to swim and nap.

Here is us being dorks on a mine train.
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_8246739504.jpeg

I have my hands in this jazz-hands style because I didn't want to block the lady behind me in case she actually wanted to see her face in the on-ride picture.
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_8246739518.jpeg

Minnesota disney fan

Hi: I'm late again, but enjoying another trip report from you:)
I relate a lot because we fly out of the same airport, but we are from Minnesota. We always get the early flight too, and it's great to get to WDW before noon!
I love how you got pixie dusted with an upgrade! That's awesome. I got upgraded once to first class on a flight, but my daughter was in a regular seat in the back of the plane. she was not a happy camper as she was stuck between 2 obnoxious people, but we made it. I felt kind of guilty sitting in that comfortable seat and being waited on hand and foot:) oh well, love pixie dust in any form.
Awaiting your continued trip report! We have never stayed 14 days before, so can't wait to hear how it went for you guys.
We are going in December, and can't believe it is only 4 months away now!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Hi: I'm late again, but enjoying another trip report from you:)
I relate a lot because we fly out of the same airport, but we are from Minnesota. We always get the early flight too, and it's great to get to WDW before noon!
I love how you got pixie dusted with an upgrade! That's awesome. I got upgraded once to first class on a flight, but my daughter was in a regular seat in the back of the plane. she was not a happy camper as she was stuck between 2 obnoxious people, but we made it. I felt kind of guilty sitting in that comfortable seat and being waited on hand and foot:) oh well, love pixie dust in any form.
Awaiting your continued trip report! We have never stayed 14 days before, so can't wait to hear how it went for you guys.
We are going in December, and can't believe it is only 4 months away now!

Glad to have you along! Ooo, a December trip, you'll have fun will all that holiday stuff.

LeighM

I have never been a purse girl, unless of course it is Mickey related. I have a growing collection of Disney Dooney’s and Vera bags. That Pooh Bear Dooney is next on my list!
Love the surprise Star Wars Dessert Party. Kylo Ren totally freaked me out. He is creepy lol

My Disney Dooney and Harvey's addiction was getting out of hand so I've slowly been selling some of my collection. I tell my husband it's because I'm "adulting" but I really think it's just to make room for newer pieces that I might love more LOL. Eventually they'll make a Rapunzel purse right? I need room on the shelf for that LOL.

MissingDisney

The jazz hands is a great gesture to not block the person behind you

Max
You’re very considerate. Most people don’t care.

Agree! That was so thoughtful and kind of you. I cringe when I hear people planning ways while in line to ruin the ride photos for others or block them in pictures. :bored:

Last edited:

Cesar R M

Day Two: July 6th

Today was a Magic Kingdom Morning! After a breakfast of Mickey waffles I was ready to go.
View attachment 302632

We had a fast pass for Peter Pan and 7 Dwarfs later so we didn't need to rush to those so we decided to head to Tomorrowland first.
View attachment 302630

We took a spin on Buzz.
View attachment 302635

Then we did some the photo ops for the Incredibles, no one else was doing them so we got through them very quickly.
View attachment 302631

View attachment 302633

View attachment 302634

View attachment 302638

I took a couple solo spins on the tea cups.
View attachment 302636

We also rode Dumbo, Barnstormer, it's a small world, and then Peter Pan.
View attachment 302637

View attachment 302639
I love how you are always smiling. Even people in the background end up smiling too XD

We did a little shopping after our Incredibles pictures. A lot of cute stuff for sale and to decorate the store.
View attachment 302649

View attachment 302640View attachment 302641View attachment 302642View attachment 302643View attachment 302644View attachment 302645View attachment 302646

Eventually a pair of these ears would be mine, but not on this day.
View attachment 302647View attachment 302648

Love the space mickey background!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom