Trip Report COMPLETED (finally!)....Did we move to WDW? Nope just a two week trip!

Hello WDW Magic friends and welcome to my trip report. I have done a few trip reports in the past of both WDW and Disneyland. My most recent report was a Spring Break trip to WDW. So if you've read one of my reports before....welcome back friends! If you haven't read one before....welcome new friend!

A little background information

People going: Me (Amy) and my husband (Brad), you'll see enough of our pictures later.

"People" we are leaving behind to go on our trip: Our miniature schnauzer Kapono, she keeps trying to come with us though. She stays with my sister and her family and Kapono has some fur cousins to play with there and is well taken care of which is a relief for me and Brad too I guess.
IMG_2394.JPG

Our travel days July 4 -July 19. The days actually spent in WDW would be the 5th-19th. We live in Wisconsin but very close to Minneapolis/St. Paul so we fly from there. It wouldn't be a bad drive to the airport in the morning, but I like to stay near the airport the night before departure.

Since we were going to be in WDW for so long we got a lot of comments from friends joking with us that we must be moving in, hence the title of the report here.

Our Resort: All Star Movies. We don't spend much time in the room so all we need is a clean place to sleep, shower, and store our stuff. We really aren't pool people, although we do use the pool, but if we built in a lot of pool time we would stay at the Beach Club again! Side note: The first time we ever tried to stay at the Movies we were upgraded upon check in to the Beach Club! We didn't ask for it, the magic just happened, it was the best deluxe accommodations for All Star prices! So now whenever we stay at the Movies we keep our fingers crossed on check in day!

Okay so let's start shall we....

On July 4th we spent most of the day with my sister and her family and left Kapono at her "vacation home" for the next two weeks. We drove up to the Minneapolis airport area by the Mall of America, and made a quick stop at Sam's Club for one more discount Disney gift card. The Sam's Club was closing, actually it was 10 minutes before their posted close time and the lady at the door didn't want to let us in. We literally had to go over to a stand near the register and get a gift card, she even called her manager who said it was okay to let us in. We departed the store 3 minutes before for the posted close time! Take that lady! Anyway, it was dinner time but neither of us wanted to sit in a restaurant we just wanted to relax in the hotel room for the night. So there was a sub place and a Lee Ann Chin (Minnesota based Chinese take out chain), and Chinese won out. So we got our take out and checked into the hotel for the night and ate our take out, and watched a Capital Fourth on PBS. Which was fantastic this year with John Stamos as the host. :inlove:

Us with our Chinese take out!
IMG_3251.JPG

IMG_3252.JPG

Our flight left early, but we are early birds so despite being 5 minutes away from the terminal we got there early. Plus we were too excited to sleep! Funny thing, we flipped on the tv while we were getting ready and the Steve Harvey show was on and it was one of the Epcot episodes from earlier in the year that he was recording when we were there in March. We don't normally watch that show and we didn't go to the recording but we saw it being on as a good sign that the Disney gods were with us!
IMG_6519.JPG

We arrived in Orlando after an uneventful flight. We enjoyed some movies and tried to nap but again we were just too excited to sleep!
IMG_3255.JPG

Magical Express load went quick and soon we were HOME!
IMG_6521.JPG

And despite doing online check in and requesting early arrival our room wasn't ready. But that was fine, we had to stop at the front desk any way. I had lots of gift cards in my purse that we wanted to put on our account, we wanted to decline Mousekeeping, and make sure our room had a good position for the 2 weeks. Now we did decline Mousekeeping but we did have our room serviced twice while we were there. We are fairly neat, and I'm always tidying up the room anyway even with Mousekeeping so we figured we could survive without having it every day. Plus with the extra money we would be able to enjoy a good meal or some good drinks at Trader Sam's. So with all that squared away we put our carry ons with bell services and headed to the bus stop with a quick gander at the gift shop.

IMG_6525.JPG

IMG_6526.JPG

Next up: Disney Springs!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
You outdid yourself with some outstanding photos--I really liked the evening castle pictures with the fireworks going off--wow!! And lucky you, to get two really good photos of Devine. She's very hard to photograph because she blends in so well with all the green and foliage (which is the point of her character . . . I know, LOL).

Your TRs are so much fun and I always learn new things from your experiences. Love the food photos too!!

Very happy you and Brad are going to D23 again. AND, you're also going to spend Thanksgiving in Disneyland?! You go, girl !!! :joyfull:

Thanks so much for your kind words. :joyfull::happy:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Loved the report! I will be a little bit jealous that you are in Disneyland around the same time we will be at WDW. Just kidding, I will be so glad to be going back again so soon...but oh, what I would give to finally talk my B into going to Disneyland with me. I by chance, got a half day there in 2002. Been begging him to go since then. 😞 Can’t wait to read your report.

Have fun in WDW and I'm glad you are able to go back so soon. I hope you are able to talk him into going into Disneyland someday, it is worth a trip!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Every time I go there the mac and cheese is terrible. Yet this one podcast I listen to insists its so good! :hilarious:
Can't wait to hear about DL....I already have the DL blues

I'm getting super excited for Disneyland. I can't wait to see it's a small world holiday again.

I think I might have listened to a similar podcast about the Liberty Tree mac and cheese, but because it was terrible it left more room for stuffing and the Ooey Gooey cake!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
I have seen so many Kilimanjaro Safari pics.....but yours were the first I’ve seen during a downpour.

I LOVED them!

Enjoy your year of Disneyland ~ Em is trying to figure out how to get me back there.

Thanks! I am amazed the pictures during the safari downpour turned out so well, it was really coming down.

It should be a good year at Disneyland. One downside will be not having a chance to cross path with you and Em again at WDW. I hope Em talks you into Disneyland again someday!

LeighM

Loved reading your trip report! I was sad to let me D23 membership expire. I had a horrible time getting the quarterly magazines. I wasn't sure if it was their distribution place or if it was our postman but I got tired of having to contact them each time requesting them send me a new one. I want to renew it once we move.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Great trip report!! I'm sad it's over!! Can't wait to hear about your Disneyland adventures but I don't know if I could
stay away from WDW for that long!!

Yeah, I think I will be going through some serious WDW withdrawal this summer. But it isn't a hardship to be going to Disneyland either!;)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Loved reading your trip report! I was sad to let me D23 membership expire. I had a horrible time getting the quarterly magazines. I wasn't sure if it was their distribution place or if it was our postman but I got tired of having to contact them each time requesting them send me a new one. I want to renew it once we move.

I'm glad you liked the report. The magazine is a definite plus of the D23 membership.

PacNWTigger

Great TR as always! I'm only slightly jealous of your Thanksgiving DLR trip because we will be there the first week of December. :hilarious: I've been going through Matterhorn Macaroon withdrawals.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Great TR as always! I'm only slightly jealous of your Thanksgiving DLR trip because we will be there the first week of December. :hilarious: I've been going through Matterhorn Macaroon withdrawals.

Thanks! I guess we just missed each other yet again! :) I didn't know you were going again so soon, I was actually going to ask you if you wanted me to send you some Matterhorn Macaroons when I go but I guess you can get your own now!;)

PacNWTigger

Just looked at the menu for French Market to make sure his cajun meatloaf is still being offered...it's NOT!! He's going to be so sad. :cry: For me it's just an excuse to try someplace new...LOL! :hilarious:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Just looked at the menu for French Market to make sure his cajun meatloaf is still being offered...it's NOT!! He's going to be so sad. :cry: For me it's just an excuse to try someplace new...LOL! :hilarious:

I looked at the menu the other day too and I was sad that it wasn't on the menu anymore. I really liked the sauce with it. But like you I figured it was just a chance to try a new place. Have you looked at the Festival of the Holidays menus yet? It looks like there is a lot of good stuff. And I saw the "lumps of coal" being offered at Cafe Orleans and immediately made a reservation, we weren't going to dine there this trip. The lumps of coal are chocolate hazelnut beignets (I think there is nutella inside) with peppermint ice cream. :hungry:

PacNWTigger

I haven't checked out the menu for FotH yet, but I'm sure there will be a few offerings that I would be more than happy to partake in. ;):hungry: I might make a reservation for Carnation Cafe because they still have meatloaf, but I don't think that it would be quite up to snuff after the cajun deliciousness Steve was used to.

PacNWTigger

Dang it...just looked at the menu for FotH, and now my coffee isn't going to quite cut it for breakfast anymore after looking at all of the tasty treats down there. You'll have to let me know which ones are you favorites when you go down for Thanksgiving!! :hungry:
giphy.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom