Trip Report **COMPLETED** A Boardwalk Babymoon

Hey guys! I have been back for awhile and to be honest I was not planning on writing a Trip Report because I have a lot going on right now. However, I was looking through all my pictures the other day feeling a little sad about not writing one. So...here we are! To be honest this was a long trip so this is probably going to take me forever to write (especially since I have a few trips coming up) :)

Ok...let's get down to it !

Who?
My Mom (Mary), my sister Jill and myself (Megan)
This is from our last trip together in Feb 2020
B01111DF-1BFF-4B69-9A13-AFD2F4DE6906.jpeg

When?
May 20-30, 2021

Where?
Boardwalk Villas - staying on DVC points!

Why?
Jill and her husband Nick adopted a baby! If she is ok with it I will post a photo at some point of him. Funny enough we planned this trip before they got matched with a baby! They have been going through the adoption process for over a year and we thought it would give her a boost if we gifted her this trip! Literally like 2 weeks after we officially added her to the trip she got the call! It was perfect timing!! The baby was born just last week :) Also side note my Mom and I were supposed to be in Disneyland/on an Adventures by Disney tour this trip which is why it was so long :)

Day 1 - May 20, 2021
My Mom stayed at my house so we could drive ourselves to the airport instead of waking my Dad up super early on a Thursday.
We got up at 3:30 am, got ready and headed out the door!
We made it to the airport and found the best parking spot! I was so happy ! It was our first time driving ourselves to the airport :hilarious:
I avoided an overweight suitcase thanks to a home scale so.....phew!
Took some photos when we got there!
5CAFE456-CA26-4B73-9437-56714D6C597D.jpeg

DC037E6D-2378-44DA-98AB-0C40E9EA0EC1.jpeg

249E834C-8D7D-4D75-93EE-DB258687645A.jpeg

tempImage4w0LgG.jpg

Oh I should mention that Jill came a few days later!
We were starving so we tried to rope drop our usual breakfast place...
tempImagep7S4L3.jpg

But...it was supposed to open at 5 and it did not so we ended up eating cookies and licorice :hilarious::hilarious:
tempImagent7sFd.jpg

966AF3B7-F068-4C22-A59C-FAB265457FE1.jpeg

New sparkle Magic Bands
tempImageB1n1dY.jpg

Plane selfie !
tempImagebdmzJR.jpg

Next up: more traveling !

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Sorry guys I have such a mental/Disney depression block finishing this trip report and I still have another one to write :banghead:
Day 8 continued
Next up was Living With the Land which was a walk on
tempImageHCuUFp.jpg

tempImageyFMuIs.jpg

tempImagekJ1mJs.jpg

C89BC6F3-B225-43AE-9FA1-45D455C76DBB.jpeg

75273FA4-47C6-46DA-9ABC-698A3741A9AC.jpeg

tempImageTQHRQK.jpg

Next up was The Seas. It was listed 25 and we waited....5
tempImaget92AmO.jpg

tempImageZktycC.jpg

After this we headed over towards the World Showplace for some Flower and Garden treats.
tempImage3ONlvg.jpg

This piano player was lovely
tempImageEKk22i.jpg

Next up: more Epcot

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 8 continued
The lighting is obviously weird in there so sorry in advance :joyfull:
From the Cider House we got the Dark Chocolate Raspberry Tart with Whipped Cream
tempImageUSrmKy.jpg

And the 3 Daughters Brewing Pink Lemonade Hard Cider. I went to this brewery when I was in Tampa in Feb so I was excited to see this cider. It was delicious.
tempImageGcJt7F.jpg

We also went to the Epcot Farmer's Feast.
We got the Lemon-Ricotta Cheesecake on Oatmeal Rasin Cookie Butter with Passion Fruit-Mango Compote
tempImageWRO0Qi.jpg

And the Hibiscus Lemonade Cocktail featuring Islamorada Brewery & Distillery Hibiscus Gin
tempImageMhG4ym.jpg

Yum everything was so good! Plus is was nice to be in Air Conditioning with relaxing piano music!
tempImagex3LgsK.jpg

tempImagehuo9LL.jpg

tempImageCXAl81.jpg

Next up we headed to Magnolia Terrace
We had the Bayou Cocktail: Bayou Spiced Rum, Coconut Rum, Fruit Punch, and Minute Maid Orange Juice
tempImageOgeBPJ.jpg

And the Pecan Cake with Maple Whipped Cream
tempImageb4jq8v.jpg

I don't think I tried the cake but the drink was great!
Next up: break time

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 8 continued
I had some work to do but after that headed to the pool. It was so hot out so we spent almost all our time in the water. We lived in the quiet pool!
63E944B4-B22B-425F-AB69-1A742D4FB36E.jpeg

0E077237-E2E5-4FC2-931C-42DEF1068CA3.jpeg

I actually left the pool eventually because we were surrounded by anti-vaxers and it was making me so irritated :facepalm:
After our break we got ready and headed back to Epcot. Our dinner was in Italy so we headed right there.
tempImageWAXNhb.jpg

tempImageoNqbsb.jpg

2390F2DF-2B93-46B9-98B9-50E030F33AF2.jpeg

6B290D5D-C236-4217-9C94-57130676883C.jpeg

E05007E1-CE60-44F8-91DF-C1DB50AACE60.jpeg

tempImage0Ej5li.jpg

tempImagew8W1is.jpg

Our dinner was at Via Napoli ...I'm sure no one is shocked.
tempImagecGmUSH.jpg

Next up: dinner

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 8 continued
Some lights for you...
tempImageHvAPgw.jpg

tempImagePyQsSZ.jpg

We ordered the focaccia bread to start
tempImage6FL5bN.jpg

tempImageJHtUVu.jpg

And we ordered the large pizza with pepperoni and olives
tempImage6K4eXG.jpg

So yum!!!
I could go for some VN pizza right now!
After this we decided to try the new gelato place in Italy.
tempImageHP1j7J.jpg

We shared pistachio gelato and it was delicious.
tempImage37cwfm.jpg

We decided to do Spaceship Earth after this. It was a walk on!
tempImagemI3cwX.jpg

tempImageFR6bYa.jpg

tempImaget6Vrfp.jpg

After this we headed out of the park and to bed!

Next up: Day 9

Songbird76

:hilarious: Thanks! I did spare you from the 100 out takes!

I'm sorry you guys still can't travel!!! Hopefully soon!
It doesn't look good for traveling soon. It's hard even to travel within Europe right now. You have to have this app with your info in a QR code that proves you've either been completely vaccinated or that you have tested negative. Restaurants and museums in at least France are requiring proof of vaccination or negative test. Germany is requiring anyone coming from the Netherlands to quarantine for two weeks. We can't even cross the border to fill the gas tank without proof of a negative test....even being fully vaccinated isn't enough. I work literally a couple hundred meters from the German border, but we can't cross over to get gas on the way. And I'm not sure about the rules in Belgium. We had a sudden spike in cases when they opened everything back up that went from about 500 cases per day to 11,000 per day in the span of a week or so, then it went back down the week after, but we're still higher per day than we were before. School starts up next week for one region, in 2 weeks for our region, and the week after for the 3rd region, so I'm thinking travel to the US is out until probably at least Christmas. MAYBE fall break in October, but I wouldn't count on it. For now, we'll just have to live vicariously through all of you who do TRs for us!

lindawdw

We love the quiet pool at The Boardwalk because the main pool is so loud with all the games that they play with the kids.:rolleyes: Sounds like a day/night at Epcot!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
That makes me feel a bit better. DH hates taking non-candid photos. If presses he’ll snap one or two and “I get what I get.” 😂

Oh man....my poor Mom (or whoever is on the trip with me)...I take SO many photos :hilarious:

It doesn't look good for traveling soon. It's hard even to travel within Europe right now. You have to have this app with your info in a QR code that proves you've either been completely vaccinated or that you have tested negative. Restaurants and museums in at least France are requiring proof of vaccination or negative test. Germany is requiring anyone coming from the Netherlands to quarantine for two weeks. We can't even cross the border to fill the gas tank without proof of a negative test....even being fully vaccinated isn't enough. I work literally a couple hundred meters from the German border, but we can't cross over to get gas on the way. And I'm not sure about the rules in Belgium. We had a sudden spike in cases when they opened everything back up that went from about 500 cases per day to 11,000 per day in the span of a week or so, then it went back down the week after, but we're still higher per day than we were before. School starts up next week for one region, in 2 weeks for our region, and the week after for the 3rd region, so I'm thinking travel to the US is out until probably at least Christmas. MAYBE fall break in October, but I wouldn't count on it. For now, we'll just have to live vicariously through all of you who do TRs for us!

At least they are taking it seriously....can't say the same for here unfortunately.

Songbird76

Oh man....my poor Mom (or whoever is on the trip with me)...I take SO many photos :hilarious:

At least they are taking it seriously....can't say the same for here unfortunately.
Well, OTHER countries are taking it seriously....I can't say the same for the Netherlands, which is why we are restricted in all the other countries. Our infection rate is higher here because our government has been really slow to react, so other countries put us on a restricted list for their own protection.

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 9 May 28, 2021
We got up around 6:30, got ready and walked to DHS
tempImageJQtpic.jpg

We got there around 7:30 and it was already very crowded :bored:
The park opened around 8:15 so of course we headed right to SDD.
Enjoy this crooked photo of the Chinese theater :joyfull:
tempImage6uwk6b.jpg

Well SDD was closed...
tempImageYs8jUi.jpg

And we were stuck behind a 16th Birthday Party 😣🤪
Anyway ....we decided to just wait it out so naturally killed time with some IG photos
tempImagepdhurL.jpg

tempImagehDHKOm.jpg

Never fear though it opened after like 40 minutes. I feel like you could easily tell by all the announcements being made that it was going to happen it was just a matter of when (like gate check, car check etc etc).
tempImage9AuCy0.jpg

tempImagefC4FUu.jpg

tempImageR38NEz.jpg

tempImaget1ESG1.jpg

Ride number 4 of the trip...
tempImageqE3KXK.jpg

Next up: more DHS

Last edited:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Well, OTHER countries are taking it seriously....I can't say the same for the Netherlands, which is why we are restricted in all the other countries. Our infection rate is higher here because our government has been really slow to react, so other countries put us on a restricted list for their own protection.

Ugh that is frustrating for sure....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom