Trip Report **COMPLETED** A Boardwalk Babymoon

Hey guys! I have been back for awhile and to be honest I was not planning on writing a Trip Report because I have a lot going on right now. However, I was looking through all my pictures the other day feeling a little sad about not writing one. So...here we are! To be honest this was a long trip so this is probably going to take me forever to write (especially since I have a few trips coming up) :)

Ok...let's get down to it !

Who?
My Mom (Mary), my sister Jill and myself (Megan)
This is from our last trip together in Feb 2020
B01111DF-1BFF-4B69-9A13-AFD2F4DE6906.jpeg

When?
May 20-30, 2021

Where?
Boardwalk Villas - staying on DVC points!

Why?
Jill and her husband Nick adopted a baby! If she is ok with it I will post a photo at some point of him. Funny enough we planned this trip before they got matched with a baby! They have been going through the adoption process for over a year and we thought it would give her a boost if we gifted her this trip! Literally like 2 weeks after we officially added her to the trip she got the call! It was perfect timing!! The baby was born just last week :) Also side note my Mom and I were supposed to be in Disneyland/on an Adventures by Disney tour this trip which is why it was so long :)

Day 1 - May 20, 2021
My Mom stayed at my house so we could drive ourselves to the airport instead of waking my Dad up super early on a Thursday.
We got up at 3:30 am, got ready and headed out the door!
We made it to the airport and found the best parking spot! I was so happy ! It was our first time driving ourselves to the airport :hilarious:
I avoided an overweight suitcase thanks to a home scale so.....phew!
Took some photos when we got there!
5CAFE456-CA26-4B73-9437-56714D6C597D.jpeg

DC037E6D-2378-44DA-98AB-0C40E9EA0EC1.jpeg

249E834C-8D7D-4D75-93EE-DB258687645A.jpeg

tempImage4w0LgG.jpg

Oh I should mention that Jill came a few days later!
We were starving so we tried to rope drop our usual breakfast place...
tempImagep7S4L3.jpg

But...it was supposed to open at 5 and it did not so we ended up eating cookies and licorice :hilarious::hilarious:
tempImagent7sFd.jpg

966AF3B7-F068-4C22-A59C-FAB265457FE1.jpeg

New sparkle Magic Bands
tempImageB1n1dY.jpg

Plane selfie !
tempImagebdmzJR.jpg

Next up: more traveling !

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 10 continued
We obviously got a lot accomplished at the MK so we headed out
Well...a PP photo first
4A1F823D-E6F8-44D8-8140-A630C364E53A.jpeg

I have this photo of ice cream but I could not tell you where it is from ....
tempImageVMQ6i6.jpg

We took a long break in the pool!
1A878648-E4A7-4947-B493-3ECEE0B6F8EA.jpeg

Jill and I had the best time with the waterproof camera. We giggled so hard the whole time we were playing with it! My Mom had to shush us several times :hilarious:
0C1DF357-870D-463D-BF1F-E772C3C88C64.jpeg

87EC9226-C4B1-4202-BDB5-7A7C70A9EF5F.jpeg

383BD3FA-DB96-4997-B98D-AA0933559A49.jpeg

161869DB-A10E-4A25-9A0A-03A0C74C65B1.jpeg

After our pool and reading time we got ready and headed back to the bus stop so we could go to MK!
58FC3B92-3A23-43B6-95BD-778E892BED2D.jpeg

We had a short wait and a short drive and ran right into the Mickey calvacade when we got there!
C0BA6412-3736-4935-9671-5B99DBFAD382.jpeg

374F0142-675F-4CF9-AD04-44DB1F3A3A45.jpeg

Next up: more MK

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 10 continued
We stopped for a PP picture. I swear I was not sunburnt I do not know why I look it :hilarious:
4871D768-50BF-4BD6-9545-EFAF6223D093.jpeg

We checked in for our dinner at BOG after this!
They let us wait inside!
tempImagePIZgYa.jpg

tempImageMkWETR.jpg

tempImagekYtHwR.jpg

tempImageQFlS9U.jpg

tempImageyz96hS.jpg

We actually waited quite a bit of time for our table. But eventually we were seated at a nice quiet table in the corner of the ballroom.
tempImageETdg9m.jpg

Bread and mickey butter to start
tempImageqPXG8P.jpg

tempImage1UToq1.jpg

For appetizers Jill got the Main Lobster Bisque
tempImage1Xhrf7.jpg

Next up: more BOG

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 10 continued
And my Mom and I got the French Onion soup
tempImageXQd38O.jpg

For entrees my Mom ordered the Vadouvan Spiced Vegetables (Sautéed Seasonal Vegetables, Crispy Corn Cake with Coconut-Vadouvan Jus and Pickled Mustard Seeds). She said this was just OK.
tempImage1wbdWo.jpg

And Jill and I ordered the Filet Mignon
tempImage5GducK.jpg

Dessert Trio -
Lemon jam macaron, the chip cup with the grey stuff, and dark chocolate truffle
tempImage3ZJ0LB.jpg

Overall our meal was good but my Mom and I both agreed its still not really worth the price of prix fixe
tempImageq7rwOQ.jpg

I know its closed in general but when the heck did BBB move over here?!
tempImageJDLjze.jpg

tempImaget4Ufmv.jpg

Next up: finishing it off!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 10 continued
tempImageYHrWt6.jpg

Ok maybe I was slightly sunburnt :hilarious:
tempImagegKxBr2.jpg

A man offered to take our photo and its one of my favorites!
tempImagesXBxVB.jpg

After this we said goodbye and headed out!
Goodbye MK :(
tempImagen0m16G.jpg

I liked the WandaVision bus!!
tempImagejzbnAd.jpg

We went to early bed after this and had an early DME pick up time the next morning. This is the only photo I took as we were leaving
tempImageGyKZtv.jpg

Overall we had a great trip!!!!! The absolute best time and the best babymoon for Jill! We laughed so much the whole time!!
Thanks for reading along sorry it took so long to write!!

Next up: my July TR!

Sillysidewalker

May 29, 2021 Day 10
We got up at 5:45 am, got ready and had some breakfast in the room.
I had a healthy rice crispy treat....
View attachment 582635
We were down at the bus stop by 6:30 am and on a bus by 6:45!
View attachment 582636
Made it to rope drop...
View attachment 582637
What a lovely train station view...🤪
View attachment 582638
The park opened at 7:10 am and all was going well until....Jill was not allowed in :banghead:
They told her she did not have a park reservation. I did not make her park reservations so part of me was like THIS IS WHY I DO EVERYTHING MYSELF! But...the other part of me knows I triple check everything and I know I checked her reservations so that was odd. Of course the park was booked out for the day too :cry: Thankfully the CM who came over to check on the issue was from South Buffalo (where we are from) and knew a lot of the same people so let her in. Phew!!! Jill said she was prepared to start crying if need be :joyfull:
Anyway...we headed right to 7DMT which was not open yet anyway!
View attachment 582639
We happened to be right in front of Jolene (I can not remember her name on here sorry!!) so she said hi to us and we chatted in line the whole time!!
View attachment 582640
It was so nice to meet her and her family!
Oh I should mention my tank (and my Mom and Jill's too) was a gift from @sheriffwoody :) I'm obsessed with it. I wear it all the time here at home too!
The ride opened pretty soon after we got in line.
View attachment 582644
View attachment 582642
View attachment 582643
In the end we waited about 30 minutes!
View attachment 582645

Next up: more MK
Yay! Proof we met! I was so sad I forgot to get a picture. You three ladies are the sweetest!

muddyrivers

It sounds like yet another great trip and it was so nice to see you and your sister having such a good time together. As we get older sometimes people lose their connections with their siblings but it's great your bond with your sister is as strong as ever (and mom STILL has to shush you two! 😂)

cgersic

I agree - the part about mom shushing you brought me straight back to my childhood and my sisters! Thanks for the report and I look forward to the next one. And I'm not sure if I've ever said this, but your light photos are great!

lindawdw

I totally loved reading all about your TR!!! I love how you all dress up for your dinner reservations and park time! It sounds like you made Jill's babymoon very special and memorable. Can't wait to hear about your next trip!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Hi, my sister and I have just joined and are living the Disney magic through these wonderful TR’s. So enjoyed your adventures and look forward to your July one next.

Aww thank you so much for reading!!

Glad you all had a great trip!

No need to apologize for a drawn out TR. When I’m in the middle of several at once I enjoy having ones at different paces.

I'm glad it helps to draw it out!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Yay! Proof we met! I was so sad I forgot to get a picture. You three ladies are the sweetest!

Oh I am going to go back and tag you!!! I could not remember your name on here!!

It sounds like yet another great trip and it was so nice to see you and your sister having such a good time together. As we get older sometimes people lose their connections with their siblings but it's great your bond with your sister is as strong as ever (and mom STILL has to shush you two! 😂)

I think I am closer to my sisters now than I ever was so I am ver grateful!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
:hilarious:I agree - the part about mom shushing you brought me straight back to my childhood and my sisters! Thanks for the report and I look forward to the next one. And I'm not sure if I've ever said this, but your light photos are great!

Thank you!!! And we get shushed a lot :joyfull:

I really enjoyed your trip report! I love how you and your sister still goof off like kids.

Thank you so much!!! I think my Mom would prefer we don't act like kids

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom