Commercials that you hate or just offend you.....

Tick Tock

Trix cereal commercials from back in the day used to really get my blood boiling. The rabbit worked hard to earn himself that tasty bowl of goodness... only to have it snatched away by entitled brats who believe the product is "only for kids". Rubbish & poppycock, says I. Not only do these commercials demonstrate a clear example of lagomorph-shaming, but nowhere is it legally stated the product is only to be enjoyed by children. And don't even get me started on the long-running Fred vs. Barney feud over who gets to enjoy a bowl of Fruity Pebbles. I believe most of today's problems in society were clearly stemmed from delicious, fruity, well-balanced breakfasts.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Yeah. I see that guy, and whoever the girl is with him, on the TV at the gym most afternoons I'm there. I have no idea what they are saying, but I am sure I wouldn't like it.
Nine times out of ten it is incoherent, unscripted babble with something about a free vacation and ending in him saying "huuuuge!!!!"

StarWarsGirl

A new to Jacksonville car dealership, Fuccillo Nissan, takes the cake for commercials I hate. To make matters worse, they run on both TV and radio so there is no escape.
I don't think any car dealership knows how to advertise. I just bought a new car a few months ago, and when I was looking, I specifically did not go to ones whose commercials I found irritating.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I don't think any car dealership knows how to advertise. I just bought a new car a few months ago, and when I was looking, I specifically did not go to ones whose commercials I found irritating.
We just purchased a new car a few weeks ago and did the same thing. Had the wife chosen a Nissan, there was no way I was going to get it atFuccillo regardless of the whatever "deal" they wanted to give me. I mean could you imagine being on that 6 day cruise they were giving away to every person the bought or leased a new car and being surrounded by people that think he is a super cool guy? That sounds much more like my version of hell.

StarWarsGirl

We just purchased a new car a few weeks ago and did the same thing. Had the wife chosen a Nissan, there was no way I was going to get it atFuccillo regardless of the whatever "deal" they wanted to give me. I mean could you imagine being on that 6 day cruise they were giving away to every person the bought or leased a new car and being surrounded by people that think he is a super cool guy? That sounds much more like my version of hell.
These commercials have been annoying me for years. I looked at Hyundais and Toyotas but refused to shop here. Here's one example...

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
These commercials have been annoying me for years. I looked at Hyundais and Toyotas but refused to shop here. Here's one example...

That is pretty horrible.

In order to cleanse the pallet I shall link commercials from a company that makes the best commercials, Publix.

Goofyernmost

Original Poster
That is pretty horrible.

In order to cleanse the pallet I shall link commercials from a company that makes the best commercials, Publix.

And if they weren't so damned expensive in this area, I would run right to the place after seeing that stuff (I guess at heart, I'm an old softy) but, I am also cheap. (cheap>sentimental)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
And if they weren't so damned expensive in this area, I would run right to the place after seeing that stuff (I guess at heart, I'm an old softy) but, I am also cheap. (cheap>sentimental)
We shop at a combination of WalMart, Sam's and Publix.

Sam's is the obvious choice for items we can buy in bulk including most of the meat we get.

WalMart tends to be better when it comes to prepackaged stuff, pet supplies, cleaning supplies and the like, but it is WalMart. There is literally an emotional toll that must be paid for shopping at any time other than 6 AM on a Sunday.

The majority of our produce, deli and bakery items come from Publix. We also go there for pretty much any small, quick trip shopping as the extra dollar I might spend at Publix is easily offset in the therapy bills that going to WalMart at 5:30 on a weekday would incur.

Goofyernmost

Original Poster
We shop at a combination of WalMart, Sam's and Publix.

Sam's is the obvious choice for items we can buy in bulk including most of the meat we get.

WalMart tends to be better when it comes to prepackaged stuff, pet supplies, cleaning supplies and the like, but it is WalMart. There is literally an emotional toll that must be paid for shopping at any time other than 6 AM on a Sunday.

The majority of our produce, deli and bakery items come from Publix. We also go there for pretty much any small, quick trip shopping as the extra dollar I might spend at Publix is easily offset in the therapy bills that going to WalMart at 5:30 on a weekday would incur.
I also have an app. on my phone that holds multiple shopping lists. I separate them for the same reason. I buy the majority of my groceries at Walmart, because in some cases they are drastically less expensive. I am one person so, unless it is dry goods buying in bulk is not worthwhile for me. Any time connected items would never be used before it went bad. I live in an apartment so storing of bulk is a problem. I do have a BJ's (better version of Costco) membership, but, I use is primarily for discounted gasoline and a couple of cleaning and deli items. We also have a large selection of large chain stores (Lowes, Harris Teeter, Food Lion, and others where I buy my produce (Walmarts produce sucks) depending on where I am going on that day. The only time I go by the Publix store is on my way to the golf course and at that point I have far more important things on my mind. :happy:

PS... Retired don't need to go to Walmart at 5:30pm. No therapy required and money saved... score!

The Mom

Premium Member
That is pretty horrible.

I have searched, and have been unable to find, one of the earlier Thanksgiving commercials. A little boy is helping his mom unload groceries, get stuff down from cupboards, etc and announces "Let the Holidays begin!" Exactly how I feel as I start getting ready for Thanksgiving, which runs into Christmas/New Year's and ends with my Birthday.

Now it always includes getting guest rooms ready - but at least I don't have to hide as many presents. ;) But I do have to get my Publix Pilgrim S&P shakers out.

SteveBrickNJ

Trix cereal commercials from back in the day used to really get my blood boiling. The rabbit worked hard to earn himself that tasty bowl of goodness... only to have it snatched away by entitled brats who believe the product is "only for kids". Rubbish & poppycock, says I. Not only do these commercials demonstrate a clear example of lagomorph-shaming, but nowhere is it legally stated the product is only to be enjoyed by children. And don't even get me started on the long-running Fred vs. Barney feud over who gets to enjoy a bowl of Fruity Pebbles. I believe most of today's problems in society were clearly stemmed from delicious, fruity, well-balanced breakfasts.
Your post about Trix and Fruity Pebbles is so "tongue in cheek" :facepalm:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom