Commercials that you hate or just offend you.....

tonymu

Premium Member
A couple of commercials that are currently on TV are driving me crazy. (short trip, I realize)

The one's that I think are the dumbest least effective, to me at least, are commercials for Sonic. They are the dumbest pieces of dribble I have ever had the misfortune of seeing and the worst thing is that they will show the exact commercials two times in a row, non-stop.
When I read the thread title I immediately thought sonic. Those commercials physically bother me. I will stop what I am doing and either mute the TV or change the channel.

TwilightZone

When I read the thread title I immediately thought sonic. Those commercials physically bother me. I will stop what I am doing and either mute the TV or change the channel.
I hope you haven't watched the one with the worst drink ever invented then.
Spoilers to avoid barfs
pickle juice flavored icee. Why?

tonymu

Premium Member
I hope you haven't watched the one with the worst drink ever invented then.
Spoilers to avoid barfs
pickle juice flavored icee. Why?
Nope, because I usually change channels when the I hear the idiots start talking. Keeps my blood pressure low! But thanks for letting me know my I have been diverting from having to see that!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Trix cereal commercials from back in the day used to really get my blood boiling. The rabbit worked hard to earn himself that tasty bowl of goodness... only to have it snatched away by entitled brats who believe the product is "only for kids". Rubbish & poppycock, says I. Not only do these commercials demonstrate a clear example of lagomorph-shaming, but nowhere is it legally stated the product is only to be enjoyed by children. And don't even get me started on the long-running Fred vs. Barney feud over who gets to enjoy a bowl of Fruity Pebbles. I believe most of today's problems in society were clearly stemmed from delicious, fruity, well-balanced breakfasts.

Look for the video "If Adult Cereals Had Mascots" on YouTube. I don't want to embed it here because it has adult language.

westie

I hate all the stupid husband commercials. I know it's just a commercial phase but it makes me jump on my boycott bandwagon. Also with the holidays coming so do all the diamond commericals. "If you really loved her, you'd go into debt for her this christmas." Give me a break!

Goofyernmost

Original Poster
I hate all the stupid husband commercials. I know it's just a commercial phase but it makes me jump on my boycott bandwagon. Also with the holidays coming so do all the diamond commericals. "If you really loved her, you'd go into debt for her this christmas." Give me a break!
Well, you would want her to look good at the bankruptcy hearings wouldn't you?

CarolynAC

A couple of commercials that are currently on TV are driving me crazy. (short trip, I realize)

The one's that I think are the dumbest least effective, to me at least, are commercials for Sonic. They are the dumbest pieces of dribble I have ever had the misfortune of seeing and the worst thing is that they will show the exact commercials two times in a row, non-stop.

The one that I find offensive is the Jimmy Dean Sausage commercials. They are basically rerunning commercials from years ago with Jimmy Dean doing the talking. For those of you that don't know... Jimmy Dean died in 2010. It is creepy and exploiting. It gets me when the opening words of the commercial show a sunrise and Jimmy Deans voice comes on and says.... "I wish I could tell you how a mornin like this makes me feel". I'm sure he would like to still be here to tell us. I guess I can't speak for him, but, when you use a dead mans voice to sell sausage it just seems wrong to me.

CarolynAC

Trix cereal commercials from back in the day used to really get my blood boiling. The rabbit worked hard to earn himself that tasty bowl of goodness... only to have it snatched away by entitled brats who believe the product is "only for kids". Rubbish & poppycock, says I. Not only do these commercials demonstrate a clear example of lagomorph-shaming, but nowhere is it legally stated the product is only to be enjoyed by children. And don't even get me started on the long-running Fred vs. Barney feud over who gets to enjoy a bowl of Fruity Pebbles. I believe most of today's problems in society were clearly stemmed from delicious, fruity, well-balanced breakfasts.
I was glad to see chat about commercials you hate cuz I have a few and agree with a lot of yoy
Liberty Mutual
Walgreens HORRIBLE
3 naked ladies with green bushes in front of their private parts in different shapes, last one is a heart
Men who’s es bend over and they use bent carrots and other vegetables
Anything with foreign accents and songs. This is America people! That Walgreens one is one of them with people who all look horrid with cancer to sell their SPF products and you don’t even buy one get one free! Half off. Cheap bastards
Sick of “ I Want it Thataway”
There’s more but that will do for now. Thank you.

Ceoartie21

The one that I find offensive is the Jimmy Dean Sausage commercials. They are basically rerunning commercials from years ago with Jimmy Dean doing the talking. For those of you that don't know... Jimmy Dean died in 2010. It is creepy and exploiting. It gets me when the opening words of the commercial show a sunrise and Jimmy Deans voice comes on and says.... "I wish I could tell you how a mornin like this makes me feel". I'm sure he would like to still be here to tell us. I guess I can't speak for him, but, when you use a dead mans voice to sell sausage it just seems wrong to me.
I think they also put a portion of him now into the sausage

Minnesota disney fan

The Christmas time commercials showing a wife/husband, child running outside to see their new Lexus, or other luxury car, which they got for Christmas! Come on, who buys a luxury car for a wife/husband on Christmas? I always tease my husband saying that's what I want for Christmas, a brand new Caddie, Lexus with a big red ribbon on it!
I also agree on all the medical commercials. They offer pills for conditions that most people don't have. Honestly, not everyone needs those specific meds. grr.
thanks OP for getting my blood pressure up!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The Christmas time commercials showing a wife/husband, child running outside to see their new Lexus, or other luxury car, which they got for Christmas! Come on, who buys a luxury car for a wife/husband on Christmas? I always tease my husband saying that's what I want for Christmas, a brand new Caddie, Lexus with a big red ribbon on it!
I also agree on all the medical commercials. They offer pills for conditions that most people don't have. Honestly, not everyone needs those specific meds. grr.
thanks OP for getting my blood pressure up!
WARNING some NSFW language.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom