Commercials that you hate or just offend you.....

Goofyernmost

Original Poster
A couple of commercials that are currently on TV are driving me crazy. (short trip, I realize)

The one's that I think are the dumbest least effective, to me at least, are commercials for Sonic. They are the dumbest pieces of dribble I have ever had the misfortune of seeing and the worst thing is that they will show the exact commercials two times in a row, non-stop.

The one that I find offensive is the Jimmy Dean Sausage commercials. They are basically rerunning commercials from years ago with Jimmy Dean doing the talking. For those of you that don't know... Jimmy Dean died in 2010. It is creepy and exploiting. It gets me when the opening words of the commercial show a sunrise and Jimmy Deans voice comes on and says.... "I wish I could tell you how a mornin like this makes me feel". I'm sure he would like to still be here to tell us. I guess I can't speak for him, but, when you use a dead mans voice to sell sausage it just seems wrong to me.

TwilightZone

I'm sick of hearing that samsung commercial every other commercial when watching america's got talent. The song is pretty annoying.
The cat food commercial for gravy cat food also annoys me. When I think of cat food, it digusts me, so a whole commercial showing a weird cgi cat food area is awful to me. What happened to good ol feed cat a bowl and/or sing a song that is just meow over and over.

Goofyernmost

Original Poster
Liberty Mutual commercials. Standing in front of the statue of liberty talking about stuff that they know nothing about.
I agree... the one that always makes me react is where the spokesperson says..... "You did your research and bought a new car and then you ran it into a tree and your insurance will only pay for three quarters of the car. Maybe you should have done more research for your insurance". I always, always, always feel compelled to say back... Maybe you should not have run your car into a tree. That would have solved all your problems. It makes me wonder how I managed to drive a car, trucks and buses just about everyday for 52 years and never have run into a tree or anything else for that matter. Luck, I guess! :(

Tick Tock

I hate the unpleasant and overly-descriptive medical commercials that involve issues & conditions which should only be discussed between you and your doctor in private. If I'm sitting down for a relaxing meal, and hear the phrase "frequent dribbles" coming from the television... there had better be a basketball game on.

:facepalm::depressed:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I agree... the one that always makes me react is where the spokesperson says..... "You did your research and bought a new car and then you ran it into a tree and your insurance will only pay for three quarters of the car. Maybe you should have done more research for your insurance". I always, always, always feel compelled to say back... Maybe you should not have run your car into a tree. That would have solved all your problems. It makes me wonder how I managed to drive a car, trucks and buses just about everyday for 52 years and never have run into a tree or anything else for that matter. Luck, I guess! :(
I just dont care for the overall snarkyness of the adds. “Could have fixed the scratch with a marker”. Um. No you couldnt. Why did you file a claim if you could.

Throw your wallet in the bay? Idiot

Oh and guess what people....accident forgiveness? You pretty much are paying for that accident up front.

Goofyernmost

Original Poster
I just dont care for the overall snarkyness of the adds. “Could have fixed the scratch with a marker”. Um. No you couldnt. Why did you file a claim if you could.

Throw your wallet in the bay? Idiot

Oh and guess what people....accident forgiveness? You pretty much are paying for that accident up front.
At least the wallet in the bay guy admitted it was stupid. It was pretty obvious that he was going to regret that!

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Liberty Mutual commercials. Standing in front of the statue of liberty talking about stuff that they know nothing about.

These are on my list.

Along with GEICO and Progressive ads. Maybe I just don’t like insurance.

I hate the unpleasant and overly-descriptive medical commercials that involve issues & conditions which should only be discussed between you and your doctor in private. If I'm sitting down for a relaxing meal, and hear the phrase "frequent dribbles" coming from the television... there had better be a basketball game on.

:facepalm::depressed:

The “tell your doctor if” parts get me. Wouldn’t your doctor know if you’re afflicted with any of those conditions?

Besides, IMO they shouldn’t be advertising pharmaceuticals to consumers anyway. Sell ‘em to the docs!!

Goofyernmost

Original Poster
These are on my list.

Along with GEICO and Progressive ads. Maybe I just don’t like insurance.

The “tell your doctor if” parts get me. Wouldn’t your doctor know if you’re afflicted with any of those conditions?

Besides, IMO they shouldn’t be advertising pharmaceuticals to consumers anyway. Sell ‘em to the docs!!
Tell your doctor if you are diabetic, have a heart condition, a kidney transplant or amputation. I think at that point it is time to get a new doctor, the one you have is not paying attention.

Last edited:

MattC

A new to Jacksonville car dealership, Fuccillo Nissan, takes the cake for commercials I hate. To make matters worse, they run on both TV and radio so there is no escape.

Yeah. I see that guy, and whoever the girl is with him, on the TV at the gym most afternoons I'm there. I have no idea what they are saying, but I am sure I wouldn't like it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom