Coffee...

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I knew about Kona but didn't think about Morocco. Is the good coffee at the walk-up there? Thanks for the info!

To the OP, in May of '08 when the hubby & I stayed at POFQ w/out the kiddies (*heaven*) I shipped a box of supplies & snacks to myself the week before we arrived. In my box I had my 4 cup coffee pot, filters, pre-measured packets of my coffee from home, and some of the disposable thermal to-go cups w/lids. I picked up Splenda & milk at the food court. I sent my own pot to myself because I've heard of people using in-room pots to clean socks & underwear. The bigger cups were essential because the little shot sized cups they have aren't even close to enough for me. It worked out great. I'd get in the shower, hubby started the coffee, & on the way out the door I'd pour my cup to drink on our way to wherever our destination was. On a side note, I also brought my usual morning oatmeal packets and would mix that a little thin w/hot water from the dispenser in the food court so I could drink/eat it on the way, too. On departure day we shipped a big box back home with the coffee pot inside along with all the treasures we bought our boys during the trip. Worked wonderfully! :wave:
It couldn't make the coffee taste any worse than Starbucks.

Soarin' Mama

Original Poster
Solution? Stop drinking coffee. :p

I've never been a huge coffee drinker, I usually do sodas in the morning. On occasion I'll drink a flavored coffee or a cappuccino, but I would never use coffee pots in a hotel room, regardless of where I am, there is no telling what people use those things for.

On a side note, can't you just get coffee at the eatery in the resort lobby?

Nope...Not gonna give up coffee. Though that would be a solution.

I could get coffee at the resort eatery, but there were mornings that we didn't want to walk all the way across the resort (CBR) for a cup of coffee because we were too excited to get to the parks.

Soarin' Mama

Original Poster
Wouldn't you burn yourself trying to clean socks and underwear with a coffee pot?

I can't put my head around how you would do this...the pots are so small! I could imagine brewing water and washing in the sink, but that's it. Seems easier to just bring extra socks and undies.

Master Gracey 5

Yep. Tis true. Got that info right along with the lovely gem that the real glasses / mugs in the room sometimes get touched up or dusted by a quick swipe of a rag w/cleaning chemicals on it. Not something I will ever drink out of. Whenever we get into a hotel room even at Disney the 1st thing I do is put all their stuff away. Not using it & don't want the kids to make themselves at home with it either. :hurl::animwink:

Considering we all would eat dirt as toddlers and survived, I would expect a small dose of Lysol would not kill you when you're drinking a glass of water. Your body builds up immunities to anything unhealthy that you are continually exposed to. The more you try to avoid these things, the worse you'll get sick eventually.

sweetpee_1993

It couldn't make the coffee taste any worse than Starbucks.

Hhhhmm...depends on the blend. It'd prob'ly improve on the Christmas Blend. That stuff is just nauseating. I've become spoiled to brewing Dunkin' at home. It's nice to have that little morning comfort on vacation.

I know about the glasses thing. But the coffee pot? Really ?

How do you even clean your underwear in there ?

Wouldn't the sink be a lot easier?

-dave

Wouldn't you burn yourself trying to clean socks and underwear with a coffee pot?

I can't put my head around how you would do this...the pots are so small! I could imagine brewing water and washing in the sink, but that's it. Seems easier to just bring extra socks and undies.

I don't personally find the logic in why one would clean their underclothes in a coffee pot but my husband has met a person who's cousin or friend or something did it. And that was after I heard from a completely different source that it was done primarily by flight attendants with their pantyhose. I guess for some folks the pots are a tad on the small side but there are some ladies underthings that are pretty dang small & don't involve a whole lotta fabric. Use your imagination here. I've never ever used a coffee pot for anything other than making coffee nor would I. Being the crafty kinda chick that I am it's not hard to imagine how one would do it. The key is that the stuff you're washing isn't bulky.

Considering we all would eat dirt as toddlers and survived, I would expect a small dose of Lysol would not kill you when you're drinking a glass of water. Your body builds up immunities to anything unhealthy that you are continually exposed to. The more you try to avoid these things, the worse you'll get sick eventually.

I dunno. It's not that I think a trace of Lysol will kill me. It's the thought that gets me. I know not every hotel's housekeeping does this with the glassware just like I know that not every coffee pot at WDW has had someone's dirty drawers in it. There's just some things that once in the brain cannot be forgotten. It's a gross-out factor that I can't push my queasy belly past. So, for peace of mind, I play it safe & steer clear. :wave:

sweetpee_1993

Oh! I didn't even think about the instant Starbucks things. I've had those lots of times. I actually like 'em as long as I only use half a packet per cup & add looooots of milk. :slurp:

Avenger117

I'm a big coffee drinker too. I'm actually drinking Gevalia Hazelnut from my Disney Princess mug right now. But you are right the coffee at Disney isn't very good. I last had it because it was cold during spectro this past December and I wanted to warm up but it wasn't good. On the positive side its very cheap.

As for good coffee at Disney, I had a great cup of coffee at Downtown Disney one time but I don't remember exactly where.

frankd1962

I had the coffee at my resort (Pop Century) and to kill the Nescafe taste I got a bottle of Nesquik to use instead of cream & sugar. :) Tatsed pretty good.

Little Green Men

I always need coffee to keep me awake. I have found a place with great iced coffee in each park, they all also have syrups you can add. There's an iced coffee cart right between the UK and Canada at Epcot. In the Animal Kingdom they have it in front of the entrance, before the turnstyles. At DHS they have it in Starring Rolls Cafe. And for the Magic Kingdom, they have one in the lobby of the Contemporary, you probably wouldn't want to go there just for coffee, but we usually stay there.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I've more or less resorted to drinking tea (with 2 tea bags) or bringing Starbucks Via with me when I am in WDW. I gave up on decent coffee years ago. I live in the town where a majority of the worlds Nescafe comes from and I am SO over Nescafe it isn't even funny. Every time it is about to rain the entire town reeks of Nescafe. I really wish the Powers That Be at WDW would expand the Joffrey's coffee products all over the resort and dump that awful excuse for coffee they have now. Joffrey's isn't the most amazing thing out there, but it is exponentially better than Nescrapfe.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I always need coffee to keep me awake. I have found a place with great iced coffee in each park, they all also have syrups you can add. There's an iced coffee cart right between the UK and Canada at Epcot. In the Animal Kingdom they have it in front of the entrance, before the turnstyles. At DHS they have it in Starring Rolls Cafe. And for the Magic Kingdom, they have one in the lobby of the Contemporary, you probably wouldn't want to go there just for coffee, but we usually stay there.

I forgot to mention that is my favorite place to get coffee in WDW. A majority of the times that I go to WDW it is very warm weather so the last thing I want is something hot to drink. The iced coffee from this cart is a good stand in for my Starbucks Frappucinos or DD Coolattas while I am on vacation. I would gladly donate a large sum of money to get either a DD or a Starbucks somewhere easily accessible on property.

dreamfinder

Everytime I see these threads I chuckle. The wife, she loves NesCafe. Absolutely loves it. Almost looks forward to it.

But the cart in the AK is a nice place. Their tea is much better than the Twinning's tea found at the resorts.

heartodisney

There has been other threads on the subject of coffee, and this one really has been very much more entertaining! The THOUGHT of someone using the coffee maker for socks and underware...just plain wrong...no wonder I never use the one in the room. My wife, being from the Phillipines, grew up on instant NesCafe...another thing I will not do. I also have a french press, but we will just go to the lobby or any of the wonderful places that everyone has so wonderfully pointed out!

sweetpee_1993

Everytime I see these threads I chuckle. The wife, she loves NesCafe. Absolutely loves it. Almost looks forward to it.

But the cart in the AK is a nice place. Their tea is much better than the Twinning's tea found at the resorts.

I had an iced green tea from that little stand at AK last May. I sweetened it a tad w/Splenda. It was very refreshing. :slurp:

Tigerfan

While I will agree that Nescafe isn't the greatest,I wish Disney would make a deal with Community Coffee (New Orleans Blend Coffee & Chickory) Now you want to talk about a cup of coffee that will get you going in the morning,espeacially for Disney!!!!!Can anyone relate?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
While I will agree that Nescafe isn't the greatest,I wish Disney would make a deal with Community Coffee (New Orleans Blend Coffee & Chickory) Now you want to talk about a cup of coffee that will get you going in the morning,espeacially for Disney!!!!!Can anyone relate?

At one point in time recently, Starbucks was supposed to be opening up a small shop on Main Street at DL. I don't know if they ever did, and I'm not a huge fan of their coffee, but even Starbucks' wares would be better than Nescafe....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom