Coca-Cola Store at Disney Springs

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Tuesday, March 22.

IMG_7578.JPG

Tinted window glass has been installed on the second floor windows.

IMG_7568.JPG

dstrawn9889

how in the world are they tying the middle of the wall glass to the structure? only where the ramp intersects with a corner medallion?

dstrawn9889

it is QUITE a stack of glass to be freestanding... all skyscrapers with this curtain glass is physically attached to the structure at every floor, and i dont see the how on most of the structure

articos

There are gaps at the top, so it's possible that the glass will not be air tight.
It is not airtight. The building envelope is the brick building, while the glass is just a decorative facade curtain wall. I believe the glass is the same high strength glass used in Apple's retail, and I don't believe it's one piece. It should be 3 pieces stacked for each column.

bhg469

That facade is a bit out of place when looking at the rest of the structures around it.

Everything else I have seen was much more subtle and there's quite a bit of flow to it. This building was totally fitting that flow but with that big red beacon, it's a bit sullied.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
That facade is a bit out of place when looking at the rest of the structures around it.

Everything else I have seen was much more subtle and there's quite a bit of flow to it. This building was totally fitting that flow but with that big red beacon, it's a bit sullied.

For better or worse, the Disney Springs overall theme pretty much allows for anything to "fit".

Disone

They better have Beverly on tap!! :hilarious:

Interesting that the artist rendering show no patrons on the ramp wrapping around the building. Maybe its just decorative? Also, I do not like the glass. I prefer the old timey look of the actual brick building with out it being wrapped in ultra modern glass.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom