Trip Report C'mon Pop Pop!

We got back recently from another quick trip to the world and I thought I would share our adventures with you all!

Back story is my husband Gary who usually has to be dragged to Disney had been saying for a few weeks, "we need to get a Disney trip together."
My response was, where's Gary and what did you do with him?! 🤣

Gary hasn't been feeling too well and our daughter Aleisha decided to bring herself and our oldest grandbaby, Una to where we live, near Pittsburgh to visit. The youngest granddaughter was in the process of sleep training and they didn't want to throw the time change into the mix. I told Aleisha she could explain to Lana when she asks as a teen why she wasn't on the trip!!
Seth our son who lives in Orlando now (see recent TR about his Orlando move if interested), was going to fly up to see all of the family.
I got a crazy idea and asked these 2 what they would think about doing a run to Disney while Aleisha and Una were on the east coast. They live in Sacramento.

They thought it was a great idea and in one weeks time we pulled together a mini trip in the middle of the big one. Seth ended up staying in Orlando to meet us there and to be our chauffeur.

Aleisha and Una flew to Pittsburgh on Wed. the 6th and then we all flew to Orlando on Sat. the 9th. to meet up with Seth. Seth's partner Jake met up with us the next day as he is a CP CM and had to work on the first day. We then flew home Tues. the 12th.

Who all partied:
Gary, Me Cindy, Seth, Jake, Aleisha and Una.
IMG_6692.JPG

While I have sympathy it annoys me when people complain about the heat in Florida. You kind of know this going in.
BUT, it was freakin hot as the surface of the sun! Who knew a human body could actually melt, Olaf style?!
I say that to explain the red melted look we all have in the pic, at 10 am! This was actually our last day at MK.

Anyway, to continue with the particulars, we stayed for 2 nights club level at the Contemporary and then 1 night at Baylake. We have DVC but I could only get one night using points. Club level was insanely wonderful but I did feel a little ill at the price tag.🤢

Follow along if you want to read about Una dragging Gary all around Disney. C'mon Pop Pop!!🥰

luvinthemajik

A trip report time out.
Today is our 40th wedding anniversary and Gary and I are celebrating it with a few of life’s simple pleasures!
Hanging out on the couch.
View attachment 746052

A small gift for each other. View attachment 746053

A quick stop at our favorite flea market on the way to pick up the peach pie Gary asked for today. (Mr Beccari who owns the farm market insisted on giving it to us as an anniversary gift):)
View attachment 746054

Watching our beloved Steelers that are struggling a wee bit! (Ignore the clutter.)
View attachment 746055

And displaying our last trip treat!
View attachment 746066

What is really cool is today is the exact kind of day it was 40 years ago. A beautiful sunny warm fall day.
Congratulations and Happy Anniversary 🥳

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
A trip report time out.
Today is our 40th wedding anniversary and Gary and I are celebrating it with a few of life’s simple pleasures!
View attachment 746052

A quick stop at our favorite flea market on the way to pick up the peach pie Gary asked for today. (Mr Beccari who owns the farm market insisted on giving it to us as an anniversary gift):)
View attachment 746054

Watching our beloved Steelers that are struggling a wee bit! (Ignore the clutter.)
View attachment 746055

View attachment 746066

What is really cool is today is the exact kind of day it was 40 years ago. A beautiful sunny warm fall day.
Happy Anniversary Love GIF

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
A trip report time out.
View attachment 746052

View attachment 746054

View attachment 746055

View attachment 746066

Happy Anniversary! It sounds like you had a nice day celebrating together.

rshell68

MickeyCB

Original Poster
Looks like a perfect way to celebrate 40 years!! Happy Anniversary!!

Uh, when you are on the Chicago Bears level, I'll listen to your laments.....
Thanks for the Happy Anniversary!

I do feel your pain, and when I get all whiny about the Steelers I try to remember this!
Picture is from an evening where I got to go to a ladies night they held at the Steeler's training center.
IMG_3669.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom