Trip Report C'mon Pop Pop!

We got back recently from another quick trip to the world and I thought I would share our adventures with you all!

Back story is my husband Gary who usually has to be dragged to Disney had been saying for a few weeks, "we need to get a Disney trip together."
My response was, where's Gary and what did you do with him?! 🤣

Gary hasn't been feeling too well and our daughter Aleisha decided to bring herself and our oldest grandbaby, Una to where we live, near Pittsburgh to visit. The youngest granddaughter was in the process of sleep training and they didn't want to throw the time change into the mix. I told Aleisha she could explain to Lana when she asks as a teen why she wasn't on the trip!!
Seth our son who lives in Orlando now (see recent TR about his Orlando move if interested), was going to fly up to see all of the family.
I got a crazy idea and asked these 2 what they would think about doing a run to Disney while Aleisha and Una were on the east coast. They live in Sacramento.

They thought it was a great idea and in one weeks time we pulled together a mini trip in the middle of the big one. Seth ended up staying in Orlando to meet us there and to be our chauffeur.

Aleisha and Una flew to Pittsburgh on Wed. the 6th and then we all flew to Orlando on Sat. the 9th. to meet up with Seth. Seth's partner Jake met up with us the next day as he is a CP CM and had to work on the first day. We then flew home Tues. the 12th.

Who all partied:
Gary, Me Cindy, Seth, Jake, Aleisha and Una.
IMG_6692.JPG

While I have sympathy it annoys me when people complain about the heat in Florida. You kind of know this going in.
BUT, it was freakin hot as the surface of the sun! Who knew a human body could actually melt, Olaf style?!
I say that to explain the red melted look we all have in the pic, at 10 am! This was actually our last day at MK.

Anyway, to continue with the particulars, we stayed for 2 nights club level at the Contemporary and then 1 night at Baylake. We have DVC but I could only get one night using points. Club level was insanely wonderful but I did feel a little ill at the price tag.🤢

Follow along if you want to read about Una dragging Gary all around Disney. C'mon Pop Pop!!🥰

TheMouseFan

Ghost Hug GIF

Thank you for sharing your trip with us! I'm so glad you were able to make it happen! I hope your experience with hospice is as positive as ours was (not that it can truly be a positive experience, but you get what I mean). My grandmother spent the end of her life in one of their facilities and I have nothing but good things to say about the staff and facility. And they have provided wonderful grief care for us after Lily's accident.

MickeyCB

Original Poster
I enjoyed your report so much! As many have stated, you have such a wonderful and beautiful family. You can tell you all love each other so much, and it's heartwarming to read about your Disney adventures :inlove: Sending all the love to your sweet family!
Ty for following along and I really appreciate your kind words!

MickeyCB

Original Poster
I've never Chef Mickey for dinner; did you guys enjoy it? Would you recommend it for older kids?
This was the first time we ate there for dinner, we usually have breakfast there.
To be honest it was such a rushed affair (because of Una not the restaurant), so I really don't even remember what I ate, but I didn't hate it.

MickeyCB

Original Poster
Ghost Hug GIF

Thank you for sharing your trip with us! I'm so glad you were able to make it happen! I hope your experience with hospice is as positive as ours was (not that it can truly be a positive experience, but you get what I mean). My grandmother spent the end of her life in one of their facilities and I have nothing but good things to say about the staff and facility. And they have provided wonderful grief care for us after Lily's accident.
Thanks for following along. We are using hospice services in our home. The staff is excellent but as I don't have full time care it's a little stressful. His wish was to remain in our home and I'm trying to honor that.

MickeyCB

Original Poster
You are a bad a.lien s.wirling s.aucer and your family is amazing. I have had so much fun (and shed some tears) while getting to know all of you through your trip reports and Chit Chat posts. Sending love and positive thoughts.
You, are ridiculously sweet! When I read the first few words I thought, "what did I do bad?!" 🤣
Appreciate the positive thoughts!

MickeyCB

Original Poster
Great report as always Cindy

I am glad that the family was able to get together in Disney -especially since you are so far apart from each other.

I am still lucky to have both of my daughters within a short driving distance

My thoughts are with you and Pop Pop

Max
Thanks for following along Max, and I'm not sure if your wife would agree as I haven't had the pleasure of meeting her yet, but I find you to be awfully kind! 🥰

lindawdw

I finally got all caught up with your TR Cindy and I so enjoyed seeing how your beautiful granddaughter was enchanted with the characters. It must have been wonderful seeing Disney World through her eyes at that age. I'm sorry to hear about Gary and will keep him in my prayers. You're a wonderful wife, mom and grandmother and it was wonderful to see how your family all came together to make this a memorable trip. Thanks for sharing this TR with us which was so enjoyable to read. 🥰 Remember to take care of yourself and pamper yourself as often as possible because being the caregiver is a difficult job and you tend to forget about your own needs during this time. 🙏💗

MickeyCB

Original Poster
I finally got all caught up with your TR Cindy and I so enjoyed seeing how your beautiful granddaughter was enchanted with the characters. It must have been wonderful seeing Disney World through her eyes at that age. I'm sorry to hear about Gary and will keep him in my prayers. You're a wonderful wife, mom and grandmother and it was wonderful to see how your family all came together to make this a memorable trip. Thanks for sharing this TR with us which was so enjoyable to read. 🥰 Remember to take care of yourself and pamper yourself as often as possible because being the caregiver is a difficult job and you tend to forget about your own needs during this time. 🙏💗
Ty so very much for your kind thoughts and I appreciated the advice.
I was great fun to see her delight in it all, she apparently is still enjoying looking at the photos of her and the various characters.

Pirate Magic

I am so sorry to hear about Gary’s set back. I feel bad, he is such a fighter and having all of you gives him the strength to fight. It is great that all of you made such great memories at Disney. I will keep Gary in my prayers.

MickeyCB

Original Poster
I am so sorry to hear about Gary’s set back. I feel bad, he is such a fighter and having all of you gives him the strength to fight. It is great that all of you made such great memories at Disney. I will keep Gary in my prayers.
Thank you very much for your thoughts and for following along.

cgersic

What a special trip for a special family!! I'm sure glad Pop Pop wanted to take this trip so you have all of the memories to share, and to show Una later in her little life. Hospice is the only volunteer work I've ever done, as they were such a special part of my mom's end of life. Thinking of all of you and holding you on my heart. Love, Camille

MickeyCB

Original Poster
What a special trip for a special family!! I'm sure glad Pop Pop wanted to take this trip so you have all of the memories to share, and to show Una later in her little life. Hospice is the only volunteer work I've ever done, as they were such a special part of my mom's end of life. Thinking of all of you and holding you on my heart. Love, Camille
Thanks Camille, I appreciate your kind thoughts and I'm glad hospice was good for you and your family.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom