Trip Report C'mon Pop Pop!

We got back recently from another quick trip to the world and I thought I would share our adventures with you all!

Back story is my husband Gary who usually has to be dragged to Disney had been saying for a few weeks, "we need to get a Disney trip together."
My response was, where's Gary and what did you do with him?! 🤣

Gary hasn't been feeling too well and our daughter Aleisha decided to bring herself and our oldest grandbaby, Una to where we live, near Pittsburgh to visit. The youngest granddaughter was in the process of sleep training and they didn't want to throw the time change into the mix. I told Aleisha she could explain to Lana when she asks as a teen why she wasn't on the trip!!
Seth our son who lives in Orlando now (see recent TR about his Orlando move if interested), was going to fly up to see all of the family.
I got a crazy idea and asked these 2 what they would think about doing a run to Disney while Aleisha and Una were on the east coast. They live in Sacramento.

They thought it was a great idea and in one weeks time we pulled together a mini trip in the middle of the big one. Seth ended up staying in Orlando to meet us there and to be our chauffeur.

Aleisha and Una flew to Pittsburgh on Wed. the 6th and then we all flew to Orlando on Sat. the 9th. to meet up with Seth. Seth's partner Jake met up with us the next day as he is a CP CM and had to work on the first day. We then flew home Tues. the 12th.

Who all partied:
Gary, Me Cindy, Seth, Jake, Aleisha and Una.
IMG_6692.JPG

While I have sympathy it annoys me when people complain about the heat in Florida. You kind of know this going in.
BUT, it was freakin hot as the surface of the sun! Who knew a human body could actually melt, Olaf style?!
I say that to explain the red melted look we all have in the pic, at 10 am! This was actually our last day at MK.

Anyway, to continue with the particulars, we stayed for 2 nights club level at the Contemporary and then 1 night at Baylake. We have DVC but I could only get one night using points. Club level was insanely wonderful but I did feel a little ill at the price tag.🤢

Follow along if you want to read about Una dragging Gary all around Disney. C'mon Pop Pop!!🥰

MickeyCB

Original Poster
I'm finally here following along!!! It really sounds like everything just came together for this trip! I've never seen pictures of the Club Level at the Contemporary and that view was truly incredible! It must be so precious to see your granddaughter get to meet Cinderella for the first time!!!
Thanks for following along and it was a fun quick trip. That club level suite was decadent!
The Cinderella meet and greet was so fun. I haven't done specific meet and greets for a long time and I'm very glad we were able to do it.

LeighM

Glad I'm not too late to the trip report. It's so fun watching children at the parks when they're that age. We saw a little girl get so excited to meet Alice that she was hard to control and almost broke Alice's nose with her head LOL. I was impressed that the CM was able to stay in character for that :) Looking forward to hearing more about the trip.

Last edited:

MickeyCB

Original Poster
Glad I'm not too late to the trip report. It's so fun watching children at the parks when they're that age. We saw a little girl get so excited to meet Alice that she was had to control and almost broke Alice's noise with her head LOL. I was impressed that the CM was able to stay in character for that :) Looking forward to hearing more about the trip.
Later in this trip we had a similar so excited we can't stand it moment, but with no injuries thank goodness! 🤣

MickeyCB

Original Poster
ARRIVAL DAY-MK, CONT'S

Aleisha and Seth were going to ride Tron and we we able to sort of trick Una into going with us. We parked the scooter and Gary was able to walk to the ramp but the second Una saw it she was having none of it. She crawled up my leg like a blue dressed spider!
I forgot to mention that I did go ahead and have my first hip replaced (that I was whining about in my last TR) 5 weeks prior to this trip. It was fine, I walked 5 or 6 miles on it each day at Disney. The problem was the other is still in need of repair and little Una is sturdy and had a very slippery dress on! 🤣
I did my best to keep her hitched on my hip and keep an eye on Gary behind me.
It was fun.
Once we got to the loading area everyone cooled their jets and we got on.

Una really enjoyed the ride. The red rocket ship you see on the ride became Stitch's rocket, she pointed it out later to her mom. She didn't like the dark areas and would hold her hands over her ears.
IMG_6158.JPG

Space Mountain wasn't running and we got to see the guts of the building which was kinda cool!
IMG_6159.JPG
IMG_6161.JPG

IMG_6162.JPG

After we finished the ride we three decided we needed a little snack and Una started her own little tradition of an Olaf ice pop every day of our stay!
Since her dress was already a little yard grimy I didn't feel too bad about the dripping treat.
IMG_6163.JPG

I forgot, about the only thing Pop Pop would eat on this trip was beer, peanut m & m's and a strawberry fruit bar. So they had their little new tradition together!🥰
IMG_6165.JPG

Aleisha and Seth had a great ride of Tron!
IMG_6986.JPG

And then they joined us as we finished up with our snacks. This was when I discovered Una is like her grandmother in that she loves Disney popcorn. She reluctantly shared that box with me.:)
What a grimy little munchkin!
IMG_6167.JPG

After this, a rather unsuccessful boat ride and there are fairies among us!
Walt Disney Spinning GIF

MickeyCB

Original Poster
ARRIVAL DAY (night really)-MK
We decided we needed to get at least one ride in so headed for It's a Small World.
We had a fairly long wait but finally were loaded on the boat for people that need assistance.
Una really enjoyed it, till it turned into the Gilligan's Island version, You know lost at sea forever?!
I forget exactly where we got stopped but it really did take forever to get back to port.
Una (justifiably in my mind) kept trying to get out of her seat and we figured that was going to get us thrown out of the park.

At first it's oooh, ahhh then later there's running and screaming.
IMG_6172.JPG

IMG_6174.JPG

Oh well, it had been a long travel day and so we called it. As we headed left towards the castle it was blocked off for the fireworks and we had to turn around and head out through Frontier Land. And you know how it is at the end of a long day, those extra 500 steps can make for grumpy people.
As we headed out there was this beautiful spot on the bridge where I wanted to take one stinkin picture and Seth is like, "Mom come on." Some type of snarl escaped me but, hah, I got this pic anyway.
IMG_6177.JPG

After we came around the bend towards Casey's there was one of the carts selling light up toys. We were trying to escape the firework crush and to be able to get back and watch them from the room. But my baby was drawn to them like a moth and we had to stop. After many minutes of deciding and rejecting a wand, she wanted a pumpkin necklace. Then after I paid for it she wanted to put it back. At that point I said sure, had Aleisha put her in the stroller and put it in the back of Gary's scooter bag. Someone would be able to use it.

We were directed through Casey's, sorry who thought that was a good idea?
We were finally able to make a break and get back out on the basically empty sidewalk. I don't have pictures but they have beautiful displays in the Emporium windows and Una knew each of the princesses in them.

We had almost escaped under the train station and Una (who in her defense thought she put the necklace back), saw light up fairy wings. We weren't leaving without them.
They were really neat I must say and she of course wanted to wear them.
IMG_6179.JPG

IMG_6182.JPG

We hustled up the ramp to the monorail and as we were waiting a man came up after us. He had a sort of stern looking expression and looked like he was going to be rude.
He looked at Una and exclaimed, "Oh look it's Tinkerbell!!" Much to Una's delight who said I'm Dingerbell!
He was very cute.
IMG_6184.JPG

We had an uneventful ride back to the Contemporary with our new friend and we hustled upstairs to just catch the beginning of the fireworks. This blurry picture is Una turning and high tailing it back into the room as the first boom went off. Funny but I have a video of her at 10 months on the balcony of Baylake dancing on her mother's lap as the fireworks were going off with no fear.
IMG_6185.JPG

It was obviously a great vantage point for the fireworks and I tried to enjoy it vs take a bunch of pics.
IMG_6187.JPG

IMG_6188.JPG

Alright people, it's time for bed! Tomorrow we're off to meet Dondald for the first time!
IMG_6198.JPG

MickeyCB

Original Poster
You had me at “C’mon Pop Pop”.

I was humbled by your scooter comments.

The Princess pictures and park visit are darling! I guess I need to start saving up for trips with the hopefully, someday, future grandchildren now!

GIF by Rosanna Pansino
She is sweet with the occasional toddler frontal lobe dysfunction.
And while I was never cruel, I probably had a few unkind scooter thoughts in the past.

It is incredibly crazy to me that I can remember my daughter's first trip at 3 1/2 years old, and lookie now, we're bringing her children already!

MickeyCB

Original Poster
A trip report time out.
Today is our 40th wedding anniversary and Gary and I are celebrating it with a few of life’s simple pleasures!
Hanging out on the couch.
IMG_7152.jpeg

A small gift for each other.
IMG_7155.jpeg

A quick stop at our favorite flea market on the way to pick up the peach pie Gary asked for today. (Mr Beccari who owns the farm market insisted on giving it to us as an anniversary gift):)
IMG_7157.jpeg

Watching our beloved Steelers that are struggling a wee bit! (Ignore the clutter.)
IMG_7159.jpeg

And displaying our last trip treat!
IMG_6883.jpeg

What is really cool is today is the exact kind of day it was 40 years ago. A beautiful sunny warm fall day.

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
Premium Member
A trip report time out.
Today is our 40th wedding anniversary and Gary and I are celebrating it with a few of life’s simple pleasures!
Hanging out on the couch.
View attachment 746052

A small gift for each other. View attachment 746053

A quick stop at our favorite flea market on the way to pick up the peach pie Gary asked for today. (Mr Beccari who owns the farm market insisted on giving it to us as an anniversary gift):)
View attachment 746054

Watching our beloved Steelers that are struggling a wee bit! (Ignore the clutter.)
View attachment 746055

And displaying our last trip treat!
View attachment 746066

What is really cool is today is the exact kind of day it was 40 years ago. A beautiful sunny warm fall day.

Happy Anniversary!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom