CM Discounts

DarkImage4

Original Poster
Hope I have this is the correct place...

I've been wondering, since the wife and I are always dreaming of moving to Florida to work for the Mouse, What kind of CM benefits are there? Do you get discounts on dining? Merchandise? anything else? How much of a percentage? What else can you take advantage of?

thanks...late night thoughts....

sillyspook13

Hope I have this is the correct place...

I've been wondering, since the wife and I are always dreaming of moving to Florida to work for the Mouse, What kind of CM benefits are there? Do you get discounts on dining? Merchandise? anything else? How much of a percentage? What else can you take advantage of?

thanks...late night thoughts....

As a CM you get discounts on dining, merchandise, and hotel rooms that can vary depending on the time of year or how long you have worked for the company. You also get discounts on tours, recreation, Disney Quest and water parks (sometimes you can get into the last two for free). In addition you can get discounts at a number of local restaurants, stores, malls, hotels, services, etc.:)

WelshBatman

There was an awesome discount for CM's this past Holiday Season. It made christmas shopping a lot easier for many a CM I would imagine.

As was said, you also get discounts on local stuff outside of Disney... including Mouse Surplus (on certain days).

wdwfan22

The Merchandise discount is 20% and goes up to 35% after 3 years of employment. During the holidays the discount is adjusted to normally 40% off.

Resort discounts vary depending on season and are of course subject to availability. They can be all they up to 50% off the rack rates though.

Shadow13

Resort discounts vary depending on season and are of course subject to availability. They can be all they up to 50% off the rack rates though.

Can you get discounts on more than 1 room at the same time period?

My parents and a group of friends is visiting at the same time but staying at different resorts?

Kobe!!

How is the housing set up? What is there to know about each place? What would anyone who has done this in the past recommend?

kstella

There is also the store where cm's can go and buy stuff that's been pulled.

At Christmas cm's get tickets that are good for 50% discounts off dining, 2 in park two at resorts. There are also the free admissions for your family.

joanna71985

How is the housing set up? What is there to know about each place? What would anyone who has done this in the past recommend?

There are 3 housing complexes for CPs- Vista (the oldest one), Chatham (the middle one), and Patterson (the newest one). I have stayed at Chatham 3 times, and Patterson once. I will be trying for Chatham again for my upcoming CP. I like it the best because it has the biggest apartments, the complex is nice, and the buses stop at the complex (unlike Patterson, where you have to walk to Chatham to catch a bus).

Kobe!!

There are 3 housing complexes for CPs- Vista (the oldest one), Chatham (the middle one), and Patterson (the newest one). I have stayed at Chatham 3 times, and Patterson once. I will be trying for Chatham again for my upcoming CP. I like it the best because it has the biggest apartments, the complex is nice, and the buses stop at the complex (unlike Patterson, where you have to walk to Chatham to catch a bus).

Roughly what are the prices to live in each per week?

joanna71985

Roughly what are the prices to live in each per week?

The prices have gone up since I was there last. But for Fall 2008, they were:
*Vista- about $75 or so (Vista has 2 and 3 BR apartments)
*Chatham 3/4 BR apartments- $80
*Chatham 1/2 BR apartments- $90
*Patterson 3 (4?) BR apartments- $81
*Patterson 1/2 BR apartments- $91

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom