CM Attacked at ToT

ILOVEDISNEY

I’d like to say what everyone is thinking, but I won’t. I will say though that this type of incident is going to become more common giving the notoriety these “staged” events elicit on social media. I was wrong when I thought this would never happen at Disney, but I was woefully wrong. Uncle Walt is shedding tears along with me tonight.

Last edited:

Tank Man

ToTBellHop

Do people really think she could have pushed a button and:

?

macsmom

So what can really keep her from ever getting into the parks again? I mean, she can book a reservation under a different name with someone and not have to show any identification. Nothing is foolproof, but does Disney really have a way to keep her out?

Pirate665

I've been punched before while working ToT. It's not fun. The sheriff's ask you a ton of questions, all while your coordinator and area supervisor are pressing on you to let them handle the situation. I was told that I could press charges, but that I'd have to go to court and that the process would be very long and that nothing might come from it. So, I let it go and let Disney trespass him. It's not the best solution, but it was a solution. And after a brief trip to Health Services, I was right back to work, black eye and all. I wasn't allowed to call out for my shifts for the rest of the week, unless I wanted to take the point.

That said, when working Dueling Dragons, I had a guest assault me and UOs reaction was much better and I got PTO for the rest of the week. That time I pressed charges, and all I ever did was have my statement taken. That was it. Wish I had done it at ToT.

DisneyOutsider

In my younger days I worked with the "people". LOL. Someone takes a swing at me I'll swing back, no job is worth that crap. Of course I don't look like someone you should take a swing at in the first place.

People do go crazy from the heat, crowds, being with their family non stop, etc. It's just an incident to me no big deal.
Simple assault just isn't a big deal. Sorry snow flakes.

HEY GUYS!! I AM VERY BA.. I'M A REALLY TOUGH GUY ! YOU SHOULD SEE HOW TOUGH I LOOK IN REAL LIFE!

SORRY SNOWFLAKES! LOLZ

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Sad to hear about this happening anywhere, let alone at a Disney park. After learning about the recent incident at Disneyland, I'm afraid these violent outbursts are becoming more common.

It seems like some people go on vacation carrying all their anger and frustrations along with them. It's disturbing to think that you never know if you might cross paths with someone like that.

Surfin' Tuna

This behavior is far too common at the parks, and I do think Disney is far too tolerant of it. After what happened at DL not too long ago, you would think they would want to be a little more aggressive in their enforcement of rules and do more to stop bad behavior. People like coming to the parks because it is "safe," but it's not that safe when you're the one suffering at the hands of these jerks. The more this stuff gets posted online (they were filming it after all) without any serious repercussions, the more it will happen. As far as a CM hitting back or intervening physically at all goes, that would be the end of his career. A few more roving security guards in the park would do wonders to quell this type of behavior. I guess the ROI for safety of our cast members and guests isn't high enough.

PG 134

For those asking why there were no charges..... keep in mind that a significant amount of Cast Members aren't locals(CP/IP). One would possibly be required to return to Orlando months to a year later for court. That can be difficult for someone who would be back home several states away or living out of the country.

s8film40

So what can really keep her from ever getting into the parks again? I mean, she can book a reservation under a different name with someone and not have to show any identification. Nothing is foolproof, but does Disney really have a way to keep her out?
The way it works is if they catch you in the park after you’ve been trespassed, they can then have you arrested and press charges for trespassing. So, yeah a trespassed guest could maybe get away unnoticed, but it’s a big risk on their part. I’ve also heard that trespass warning don’t really hold up after a several years.
I've been punched before while working ToT. It's not fun. The sheriff's ask you a ton of questions, all while your coordinator and area supervisor are pressing on you to let them handle the situation. I was told that I could press charges, but that I'd have to go to court and that the process would be very long and that nothing might come from it. So, I let it go and let Disney trespass him. It's not the best solution, but it was a solution. And after a brief trip to Health Services, I was right back to work, black eye and all. I wasn't allowed to call out for my shifts for the rest of the week, unless I wanted to take the point.

That said, when working Dueling Dragons, I had a guest assault me and UOs reaction was much better and I got PTO for the rest of the week. That time I pressed charges, and all I ever did was have my statement taken. That was it. Wish I had done it at ToT.
Yeah and what Disney is saying in those situations is not true. You can press charges and leave it in a sort of pending state and decide at any point if you want to follow through with it. You won’t be called back in and never have to show up for anything until you decide to go through with it. Best of all it leaves the guest in a constant state of wondering if they’re going to have to deal with assault charges even if you don’t follow through.

My wife actually pressed charges once as a CM, and was told much the same stuff you mention, to let it go etc. She didn’t and as soon as she was done with the sheriff she was promptly suspended for two weeks while they tried to figure out a way to fire her (they couldn’t of course).

Hcalvert

Which workers at WDW are unionized? I know that Florida is a right to work state and most likely the union is not the strongest--at least that was my experience as a teacher in Florida.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom