Club 33 at Disney World?

Would you join a Club 33 at Disney World

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
What's really bad is that Jimmy Thick is supposedly a law enforcement officer.

I certainly hope that I never need the services of such a self-absorbed, incompassionate, braggart of a public servant.

Hammer1310

Easy, there, chief. Yeah $7500 is high, but if you look at it as a one-time investment for life, it is quite low...exceptionally low actually.

Investment? Ok...

Chief?
Hmmm....no, I think lumping you in with the OP seems justified now, though it wasn't my original intent. Thanks for the finance lesson though.:rolleyes:

Hammer1310

I don't like lumping people together at all.

Like this? :ROFLOL:

P1010021RafttoTomSawyerisland.jpg

jt04

Does anyone who takes trips to a Disney park really have the right to critisize anyone as being "elite" with so much "want" in the world? The word hypocrite comes to mind. The OP is trying to start the fight he has. I wouldn't be suprised if he actually has contempt for people who spend money to go to Disney instead of giving it to a soup kitchen or something.

Try a little more Ayn Rand and a little less Marx. :zipit:

sublimesting

Investment? Ok...

Chief?
Hmmm....no, I think lumping you in with the OP seems justified now, though it wasn't my original intent. Thanks for the finance lesson though.:rolleyes:

Let's see here's your original statement: "if $7500 seems reasonable for you to go somewhere I can't go I'm glad to be rid of you too " I take that as lumping me in with the OP, weird that you don't. Also weird that your first sentence in your post actually contradicts itself "I think lumping you in with the OP seems justified now". Doesn't that mean you did mean to lump me in and now I have somehow justified you doing so? But then you say "though it wasn't my original intent." But you actually do say it was you original intent by saying that I justified you lumping me in with the OP.

Why do you get so upset because I demonstrated how being a member of Club 33 can actually be affordable and that JT is a bragging #%!@%!$ who is really bragging about nothing?

sknydave

$7500 for a lifetime pass is a very good deal if you are a passholder already.

Hell we've spent ~$1750 for two passes in just two years and we're Florida Residents.

durangojim

Let's see here's your original statement: "if $7500 seems reasonable for you to go somewhere I can't go I'm glad to be rid of you too " I take that as lumping me in with the OP, weird that you don't. Also weird that your first sentence in your post actually contradicts itself "I think lumping you in with the OP seems justified now". Doesn't that mean you did mean to lump me in and now I have somehow justified you doing so? But then you say "though it wasn't my original intent." But you actually do say it was you original intent by saying that I justified you lumping me in with the OP.

Why do you get so upset because I demonstrated how being a member of Club 33 can actually be affordable and that JT is a bragging #%!@%!$ who is really bragging about nothing?

Seems like this thread has gone waaaay off topic and is now more about socioeconomic status and elitism which doesn't really seem to have much to do about WDW.:(

Wow. Just...wow.

This post came off as completely arrogant to me.

"Disney elite"? Pompous much?
Please. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't want to join knowing there would be a chance I'd run into you there OP...or others like you.

sweetpee_1993

I dunno. Maybe this isn't so off topic after all.

I'm speaking to all the folks who responded to this thread here:

When the poll was first started I never even read the OP's 1st post. Silly, huh? I saw the title and answered the question. I just now went back to read it. Mr.OP sure sounded pretty elitist and snooty to me. Obviously this is exactly where he wanted this thread to go. Everyone who flamed contributed to giving Mr.OP-elite-I-think-I'm-cool exactly what he wants.

Y'all I'm a Southern girl. When we get nasty we do so like a lady with a nice smile on our face and our attitude just drips of sugary sweet manners. Why in heaven's name would I eeever allow someone like Mr.OP to reduce me to anything less than a perfect lady?

In life it takes all kinds. We'd never know to appreciate decent, good-hearted, hard-working, well-mannered folks if there weren't some like Mr. OP. Arrogant trashy types just make good people more defined. We all know money, clubs, and status can't make a person any better than another. Those that think it can deserve what they get: a big ol' black hole of a soul that they'll never be able to fill. It must be a horrible thing to go through life feeling emptiness like that. But then they do that to themselves. Pity.

I don't think Walt ever intended Club 33 to be anything remotely like what the OP described. Those who are truly fans and 'get' the magic already know that without a doubt. Obviously Mr.OP hasn't caught onto what Disney is really about. Let's just have the collective "awwwwww...bless his heart" now because the silly fella lives in a state of ignorance and delusion. And, y'all, he spends a great deal of money purchasing this. Pity.

In closing, what I've gotten from this thread aside from the facts about the monetary cost of membership to Club 33 is that I really do belong to an exclusive, wonderful group or "club" if you want to call it that. I don't have to spend a dime to be a member (although I generally expend every extra penny I have making my pilgrimages and surrounding myself with mementos). I belong to Disney: an idea that anything is possible, that all things can be magical, and good does prevail over all. You can't beat that. It surely can't be bought for $7,500 or maintained with $2,500 each year. In the end, I have something Mr.OP doesn't. Now, what was it he spent all that money on???

Have a nice day, y'all. :wave:

PintoColvig

WDW Club 33 membership? It would only make sense for me if:
  1. I was a local
  2. I had a business reason for being a member (i.e., schmoozing clientele)
  3. I actually had the money to blow
None of these are true for me so the answer is no. I have a friend who is on the waiting list for DL's Club 33. He's buying in for the above reasons. He's promised to treat me to a visit one day. That would be enough for me.

Hammer1310

I'm not upset, I just think we dissagree on what affordable is. I think it's more subjective than you are making it. I may say a piece of electronic equiptment suited to my job or hobby is affordable because I can afford it, but to someone else it is an extravagance that could be replaced with a more reasonable alternative.

See, we agree about this place and the kind of people that typically go there like the OP, we're just getting off topic a bit (my fault as much as anyones). A poster above said it best that this place and the clientele it now serves are not what Walt could have intened and no, I think it has no place in WDW.
:)

sublimesting

I'm not upset, I just think we dissagree on what affordable is. I think it's more subjective than you are making it. I may say a piece of electronic equiptment suited to my job or hobby is affordable because I can afford it, but to someone else it is an extravagance that could be replaced with a more reasonable alternative.

See, we agree about this place and the kind of people that typically go there like the OP, we're just getting off topic a bit (my fault as much as anyones). A poster above said it best that this place and the clientele it now serves are not what Walt could have intened and no, I think it has no place in WDW.
:)

I think we agree here really, one could really afford "33" if one were inclined to even though it is an extravagence and most definitely not what Walt would have wanted. I can afford it as I have the money, but it really isn't in my budget because I need and want other things first....like a new roof and a fence so my dog can run around.... It is not a place to look down on others and get liquored up.....That's what Columbia Harbor House is for. :animwink: Anyways I don't want to fight with a fellow fan of WDW so I apologize if I came off rude or smart mouthed. :goodnevil

Tim G

So sayeth the people who vote in them...

Honestly, just because I give people an outlet for discussion, doesn't mean I actually read what is posted by them. I just look for my name, and the envy it brings, which is almost always the case.

Case closed.

Jimmy Thick- Taking care of business with intelligence and style!

So actually you here just to instigate...

I only suspected you were... but now I do know it's true...

It's time for you to go... for good...
93.gif

Phonedave

Easy, there, chief. Yeah $7500 is high, but if you look at it as a one-time investment for life, it is quite low...exceptionally low actually. So if that is your thing I think you can swing it. As for the annual fee of $2,500, like I said, ain't too bad...especially if you are local. If you went to Disney every year for 7 days, you'd spend about $1,250 at a moderate resort (that's 1/2 right there that a DL person has up on you). You'd have to eat Breakfast, lunch and dinner, let's say $50/day for a total of $350. Your flight or gas on average would be about $200 - 300 round trip. That there is about 2K that a DL person saves that you don't and that they may very well turn around and use to invest in "33". If you think it is high you should get a better grasp of your finances cause it isn't. It's $48 per week. So don't throw me in with the OP because I said it isn't that expensive for locals...it's not.

If you really wanted it you'd find the cash easily. I for one don't have cable and it saves me $600/ year, I keep my heat at 60 instead of 62 and that saves me about $400. I use my windows and fans instead of AC and that saves me about $1,200/year I can use otherwise, see how managing a budget works....2.5k is peanuts if ya really want it. I just earned my membership by being frugal and not really going without anything except cable which I don't really need. If I lived near DL, with being frugal and not having the vacation budget that WDW guests have I actually made $1,700 and got my annual dues paid. Not very ipmressive is it. Does being frugal make me a rich elitist?

My whole point is that the OP is being a snobbish jerk and doesn't realize he isn't as rich and special as he or others think he is.

All true. In fact if you want to talk about trade off, a 33 membership is less that the cost of buying a midrange car (figure about $7,500 down and $250 a month). A club 33 membership is not that unaffordable. It's just a matter of is it something I want to afford?

What does the membership get you? Well you have to make reservations, so it's really not a "lets go to 33, I am a member" Then of course when you get there you do have to pay for the food you eat. So it's not as if you eat for free.

If you want to have the same experence at WDW, there is a simple solution. Eat at Victoria & Alberts. It's on the pricey side ($150 per person + alcohol), so you get that air of "exclusivity" and you need to book in advance - so you have that aspect. And, as anybody who has ever had the wine pairing with dinner there can attest to, you can get (depending on your tolerance) well into your cups so to speak.

-dave

disneypearl

What if Disney World had a private club for only a select few, would you want to join? As a member to Disneylands Club 33, I have to tell you from my personal experience, its a real nice bonus when I walk into that park and can enter a private club, where only the Disney elite are allowed to go.

And I can get completely hammered in luxury.

So, if DW had the same thing, would you want to join, even if it ment waiting 15-20 years and have to pay serious sums of cash just to use the bathroom? Personally, I would join as soon as it was announced. I already have access to privileges the common public does not, and a nice secluded club in the middle of any of the parks would be the icing on the cake.

Your thoughts?

You made it really easy for me to vote no.
Hammered in luxury? Really? :brick: :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom