Club 33 at Disney World?

Would you join a Club 33 at Disney World

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sublimesting

Not bad at all eh? Now I do feel poor. By the way, the price difference between a value and moderate resort for a week is more in the range of $400-500 not $2500, and if $7500 seems reasonable for you to go somewhere I can't go I'm glad to be rid of you too (nothing personal, the whole thing just rubs me the wrong way). Also, i'm pretty sure locals do make up the majority of the visitors in DL, but they are far outweighed by out-of-towners in WDW.

Easy, there, chief. Yeah $7500 is high, but if you look at it as a one-time investment for life, it is quite low...exceptionally low actually. So if that is your thing I think you can swing it. As for the annual fee of $2,500, like I said, ain't too bad...especially if you are local. If you went to Disney every year for 7 days, you'd spend about $1,250 at a moderate resort (that's 1/2 right there that a DL person has up on you). You'd have to eat Breakfast, lunch and dinner, let's say $50/day for a total of $350. Your flight or gas on average would be about $200 - 300 round trip. That there is about 2K that a DL person saves that you don't and that they may very well turn around and use to invest in "33". If you think it is high you should get a better grasp of your finances cause it isn't. It's $48 per week. So don't throw me in with the OP because I said it isn't that expensive for locals...it's not.

If you really wanted it you'd find the cash easily. I for one don't have cable and it saves me $600/ year, I keep my heat at 60 instead of 62 and that saves me about $400. I use my windows and fans instead of AC and that saves me about $1,200/year I can use otherwise, see how managing a budget works....2.5k is peanuts if ya really want it. I just earned my membership by being frugal and not really going without anything except cable which I don't really need. If I lived near DL, with being frugal and not having the vacation budget that WDW guests have I actually made $1,700 and got my annual dues paid. Not very ipmressive is it. Does being frugal make me a rich elitist?

My whole point is that the OP is being a snobbish jerk and doesn't realize he isn't as rich and special as he or others think he is.

Jesùs_Carioca

If I had the extensive amount of money...and I mean extensive... then I'm not really sure if I would agree in doing so or not. Club 33 to me always sounded like a corporate man's get away in the middle of a family's vacation. I assume Exclusivity is a beautiful thing, but who am I to know?

As for now though chief, I am having trouble as it is just getting into the Victoria and Albert, let alone being able to become a member of the infamous club 33!

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
i think his whole reason for starting this was to brag that hes' a member.

"its a real nice bonus when I walk into that park and can enter a private club, where only the Disney elite are allowed to go.

And I can get completely hammered in luxury."

the last thing i want to deal with at DL is having to run into rich drunk a____________s who like getting hammered in luxury.

why dont you stay in california
You're right.

Poor people, mere coupon-clipping upper thousand and millionaires... you go to WDW.

Us Billionaires will empty our offshore accounts in DLR.

[/Colbert Platinum]

:rolleyes:

Edeyore

Groucho said it best:

groucho.gif

I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member.

I'd only add that I don't want to belong to any club that will accept Jimmy Thick as a member... :D

Hear, Hear!!! Where do we check the button for Jimmy Thick's polls are stupid.
(Jimmy Thick, the new Merf!!!) Flame on!!!! :lol:

mkt

Premium Member
I love you.

I don't even know you, but I love you :D

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster

So sayeth the people who vote in them...

Honestly, just because I give people an outlet for discussion, doesn't mean I actually read what is posted by them. I just look for my name, and the envy it brings, which is almost always the case.

Case closed.

Jimmy Thick- Taking care of business with intelligence and style!

maconMouse

Is there any truth to the rumor that in the building of Epcot back in the early 1980's they originally had a Club 33 planned for the area where the Bistro de Paris restaurant is now?

It makes sense since it has that kind of secret entrance around back of Les Chefs de France, and it has that elevator right there behind a door as you first walk into the lobby. Looks like a perfect fit for a Club 33.

goofntink

I would pay $7500.00 for a Family Lifetime Annual Pass.:D Hint Hint Disney Corporate.:animwink: Who agrees with me? And than maybe a $2500.00 fee could be paid to pass it on to your children when they turn 18 or get married!

Oh yeah forgot one thing.

New poll: Jimmy Thick should be RUN out of Disney!

I vote YES!!!:p

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I would pay $7500.00 for a Family Lifetime Annual Pass.:D Hint Hint Disney Corporate.:animwink: Who agrees with me? And than maybe a $2500.00 fee could be paid to pass it on to your children when they turn 18 or get married!
I would pay $7500 for that in a second. Just for 5 seasonal passes per year we spend over a grand per year.

mkt

Premium Member
I'm quite curious as to the bragging on this thread and the potential repercussions it could bring on a membership :)

Perhaps Jimmy will find himself less welcome at the club? Who knows.

I know I'll be there next month for din din

sublimesting

I'm quite curious as to the bragging on this thread and the potential repercussions it could bring on a membership :)

Perhaps Jimmy will find himself less welcome at the club? Who knows.

I know I'll be there next month for din din

What's more pathetic is that Jimmy Thick has a history of bringing this topic up in posts to brag. Funny thing that bragging...it's always bluster. Those who can...do. Those who have money and belong to rich clubs do so quietly, those who are nouveau (sp) rich or have no money really talk themselves up cause that's all they've got...talk.

Oh and those who call themselves Jimmy Thick are...well...probably Jimmy Thin, if you take my meaning.:lookaroun

Skippy

Without thinking of the cost, if I was a DL local, perhaps I would consider it. WDW has far, far less local guests (Hence no HMholiday and such), so I would much rather spend that money to stay in a better hotel, or take a friend along. It would be interesting to visit for a meal if I'm ever in the DL area. But like I said, it would be a consideration at most. If I found its members to be the sort that flaunts the fact that they are members and have a nice private place to get drunk at, I doubt I would stay.

mkt

Premium Member
What's more pathetic is that Jimmy Thick has a history of bringing this topic up in posts to brag. Funny thing that bragging...it's always bluster. Those who can...do. Those who have money and belong to rich clubs do so quietly, those who are nouveau (sp) rich or have no money really talk themselves up cause that's all they've got...talk.

I've never been in a position of involuntary sacrifice... not that I've been spoiled. I voluntarily sacrifice my luxuries. :) I do despise the nouveau riche though.

Oh and those who call themselves Jimmy Thick are...well...probably Jimmy Thin, if you take my meaning.:lookaroun

Jimmy "second mortgage Club 33 member"

Now that I do think about it, I am a member of an elite out of the way club at WDW. It's called Columbia Harbor House and when I want some peace and quiet I go to the top floor and eat fish and chips and loom over the Haunted Mansion. The club is free, but the fish and chips aren't,:sohappy: oh well.

Heck yeah!!! I'm part of that club too...exclusive to those who would rather not pay big $$$ to eat table service or be a part of the dining plan. What an awesome place

So sayeth the people who vote in them...

Honestly, just because I give people an outlet for discussion, doesn't mean I actually read what is posted by them. I just look for my name, and the envy it brings, which is almost always the case.

Case closed.

Jimmy Thick- Taking care of business with intelligence and style!
I find it interesting that Jimmy Thick claims he has all this money to be such a "special member" of club 33, but yet is only a Guest on this website! There's nothing wrong with just being a guest, I am myself... however, if you have the cash to back your mouth then pay up!:hammer:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom