Club 33 at Disney World?

Would you join a Club 33 at Disney World

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
What if Disney World had a private club for only a select few, would you want to join? As a member to Disneylands Club 33, I have to tell you from my personal experience, its a real nice bonus when I walk into that park and can enter a private club, where only the Disney elite are allowed to go.

And I can get completely hammered in luxury.

So, if DW had the same thing, would you want to join, even if it ment waiting 15-20 years and have to pay serious sums of cash just to use the bathroom? Personally, I would join as soon as it was announced. I already have access to privileges the common public does not, and a nice secluded club in the middle of any of the parks would be the icing on the cake.

Your thoughts?

sublimesting

What if Disney World had a private club for only a select few, would you want to join? As a member to Disneylands Club 33, I have to tell you from my personal experience, its a real nice bonus when I walk into that park and can enter a private club, where only the Disney elite are allowed to go.

And I can get completely hammered in luxury.

So, if DW had the same thing, would you want to join, even if it ment waiting 15-20 years and have to pay serious sums of cash just to use the bathroom? Personally, I would join as soon as it was announced. I already have access to privileges the common public does not, and a nice secluded club in the middle of any of the parks would be the icing on the cake.

Your thoughts?

Sorry, but what is the point of this post.....
Is it to say how rich and elite you are?
You're basically asking a rhetorical question: If you were rich enough would you want to be a part of a rich and elite club where you get special treatment? I think we can safely assume that everyone's answer is going to be: Of course I'd like to be a member of a private luxury club! Unfortunately 99% of us can't and you can, so yay congratulations for you!

And I don't mean this to sound bitter cause I am not and really don't care that you or anyone else is a member of "33", and I've never really thought about it myself. Now that I do think about it, I am a member of an elite out of the way club at WDW. It's called Columbia Harbor House and when I want some peace and quiet I go to the top floor and eat fish and chips and loom over the Haunted Mansion. The club is free, but the fish and chips aren't,:sohappy: oh well.

Phonedave

Why? What does it take to join? I know very very little about DL.

Not much

You put your name on the waiting list

You wait and wait

Then when they contact you, you pay loads of cash, and then keep doing that ever year.

So it it "exclusive" no, not at all. It's just a matter of applying, waiting, and paying.

it is very very expensive however.

If there was one at WDW I would most likely not join. I go to WDW enough to justfy my DVC ownership, but not enought to justify what something like club 33 would cost vs what I can get out of it.

-dave

sweetpee_1993

Not much

You put your name on the waiting list

You wait and wait

Then when they contact you, you pay loads of cash, and then keep doing that ever year.

So it it "exclusive" no, not at all. It's just a matter of applying, waiting, and paying.

it is very very expensive however.

If there was one at WDW I would most likely not join. I go to WDW enough to justfy my DVC ownership, but not enought to justify what something like club 33 would cost vs what I can get out of it.

-dave

How much is 'loads'?

Even if it existed and I had the money I would most likely not join. I hate status labels too much. When I hear peeps say things like "only rich people stay in the deluxe resorts" it really aggravates me. We did it and we are sooooo not rich. We just saved. A lot!

Also, when I first saw the pole and the thread my first thought was "Isn't Club 33 a DL thing?" Why have one at WDW? DL has theirs and that's all fine and good. WDW doesn't have it or need it. If they added a club thing like 33 I'd see it as a ploy by the powers-that-be to grub into our pockets even more. Why would I want that? I'm happy to just go to WDW and be happy there.

sublimesting

By the way here is what it costs to join: Individual membership is available at $7,500 membership fee and $2,250 annual dues. Honestly, that isn't that impressive. Listening to people talk I would have thought it was like $20K to join and $10K a year. Yeah the one-time membership fee would hurt a bit but the annual fee.....Not bad at all. Think what you waste $2,500 on in a year (snacks, morning paper, groceries and impulse buys you don't need, etc...heck, most people could swing that by staying in a value resort instead of a moderate.) Most of us could easily come up with 2.5K per year if our priority was to be a member of "33", especially if we were local like most Disneyland guests are and not have to pay for hotels, flights/rental cars/food etc for our vacations. Take all of that out of the equation and I would easily be able to afford a "33: membership annually and would do it too, just to bring people like Jimmy down to earth.:sohappy:

LaughingGravy

Now that I do think about it, I am a member of an elite out of the way club at WDW. It's called Columbia Harbor House and when I want some peace and quiet I go to the top floor and eat fish and chips and loom over the Haunted Mansion. The club is free, but the fish and chips aren't,:sohappy: oh well.

Didn't you hear? Now that the "the secret" of the second floor is out, it has occurred to management that the second floor would make a great place for WDW's new "33", so a premium can be charged for members only. Oh, and at the exit, it will dump out into a "33" Premium gift shop. Of course, the change will be made just prior to your next trip.:cry:

DougK

Sorry, but what is the point of this post.....
Is it to say how rich and elite you are?
You're basically asking a rhetorical question: If you were rich enough would you want to be a part of a rich and elite club where you get special treatment? I think we can safely assume that everyone's answer is going to be: Of course I'd like to be a member of a private luxury club! Unfortunately 99% of us can't and you can, so yay congratulations for you!

And I don't mean this to sound bitter cause I am not and really don't care that you or anyone else is a member of "33", and I've never really thought about it myself. Now that I do think about it, I am a member of an elite out of the way club at WDW. It's called Columbia Harbor House and when I want some peace and quiet I go to the top floor and eat fish and chips and loom over the Haunted Mansion. The club is free, but the fish and chips aren't,:sohappy: oh well.

Man you sound so BITTER!

Oh and by the way, I agree with you 100%!! :lol:

Most of us could never afford this, why even bring it up in this forum? Maybe at the Polo Club, but not here!

IMO one CLUB33 is enough...

Leave it as it is... to keep the exclusivity.

Not to be cute, or anything, but isn't there a Club 33 in Tokyo Disneyland? I am almost positive there is.

However, to repsond to the OP, yes, I would absolutely love to join that. Exclusivity (just like in any club) is great, plus the history of the Club 33 concept (Walt's club, etc.) is a big draw for me.

I don't think it will ever happen at WDW. It seems to me that Club 33 in DL is similar (not exactly) to the DVC in WDW. Its like the DVC for locals. Big up front payment, annual dues. Members + 1 guest can go for free to the parks at anytime. Any other guests can be admitted free if they dine at Club 33.

I think if they did it in WDW, it would need an option to associate it with DVC to make it work. Of course, it may be to cater to the locals in the Florida area, not folks like me who live out of state.

Either way, it would be neat.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom