Club 32 Lounge

Daveeeeed

If we do Fantasia my only question is how it ties together Fantasyland? Does it get its own mystical area that smoothly transitions over? Will it also work with sightlines? If it will then it gets my vote.

Otherwise I vote for Snow White. Doesn't really matter to me though, they can both work well.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Jeez, you guys over analyze transitions way too much. I know it's important, but do you think that they are perfect at any Disney park? Not really. I think what we have is great and I think all of our ideas fit within the Fantasyland theme.
To be honest - transitions are one of my favorite aspects of Disney parks! They all aren't great, but the ones that are inspire me in most of the armchair projects on the forum. One of my favorite being the Columbia Harbor House.

On the Fantasyland Side, there are only pictures of Fish and Chicken (because many people were illiterate in Old England) so they looked at pictures instead. As you transition over to the Colonies, it's spelled out, because people in the New World could read. And its an overpass which furthers the transition feel of leaving one world and entering the next.

They are few and far between...but I really appreciate them.

Skipper of the SEA

Jeez, you guys over analyze transitions way too much. I know it's important, but do you think that they are perfect at any Disney park? Not really. I think what we have is great and I think all of our ideas fit within the Fantasyland theme.
I think it should be an important focus. There's something Magical about about going from a rundown western town on a river and then stumbling upon New Orleans on your way to a river cruise with a skipper. If you can accomplish that either by slowly shifting theme, or by going under a railroad I think it's worth to take a look at it.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
To be honest - transitions are one of my favorite aspects of Disney parks! They all aren't great, but the ones that are inspire me in most of the armchair projects on the forum. One of my favorite being the Columbia Harbor House.

On the Fantasyland Side, there are only pictures of Fish and Chicken (because many people were illiterate in Old England) so they looked at pictures instead. As you transition over to the Colonies, it's spelled out, because people in the New World could read. And its an overpass which furthers the transition feel of leaving one world and entering the next.

They are few and far between...but I really appreciate them.
For visual evidence! :bookworm:

Fantasyland sign
d024c6d9898389f94c7d720f0890b029.jpg

Liberty Square sign
Columbia-Harbour-House-Outside.jpg

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
If we do Fantasia my only question is how it ties together Fantasyland? Does it get its own mystical area that smoothly transitions over? Will it also work with sightlines? If it will then it gets my vote.

Otherwise I vote for Snow White. Doesn't really matter to me though, they can both work well.
Lol so is the vote Fantasia or Snow White?:hilarious:

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
My only thing is that things like Pinocchio and Fantasia fit with Fantasyland, so them "not fitting the theme" shouldn't be a reason for omitting or reducing their role. I do want to do some cool transitions though with the smaller Lands in between the larger lands.
I'm not sure what you mean...aren't we including both of these properties?

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Nightly Recap - Fantasyland Project
img_3024-jpg.193214

To keep this short and sweet, the main takeaways from today are:
- The map above is a pretty solid representation of what the eventual land will look like (give or take a few adjustments)
- @LSCreative has started on his Theater show -- and posted a section of it, with some 3D rendering to come!
- @Skipper of the SEA has stepped up with some interest in Mr. Toad! So over the next few days we can talk about some ideas for that attraction.
- Brainstorming is still going strong in both the Villains Mini-land and BatB threads -- with the attractions coming together and getting more people involved in the discussion.
- The last main point of order is the current poll on what theme we should have for the Castle:

As of now, 6 have voted -- and the tally is:

3 - Snow White's Castle
3 - Fantasia

Chime in and vote for your favorite over the next few days and then we can get started on that too -- as well as continue to flesh out the land. It's coming along really nicely! Hopefully everyone is enjoying the process:)

Goodnight everyone!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
img_3024-jpg.193214

- The map above is a pretty solid representation of what the eventual land will look like (give or take a few adjustments)
- @LSCreative has started on his Theater show -- and posted a section of it, with some 3D rendering to come!
- @Skipper of the SEA has stepped up with some interest in Mr. Toad! So over the next few days we can talk about some ideas for that attraction.
- Brainstorming is still going strong in both the Villains Mini-land and BatB threads -- with the attractions coming together and getting more people involved in the discussion.
- The last main point of order is the current poll on what theme we should have for the Castle:

3 - Snow White's Castle
3 - Fantasia

Chime in and vote for your favorite over the next few days and then we can get started on that too -- as well as continue to flesh out the land. It's coming along really nicely! Hopefully everyone is enjoying the process:)

Goodnight everyone!
So people can start here when they come back!

@Imagineerland @michmousefan

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
img_3024-jpg.193214

3 - Snow White's Castle
3 - Fantasia

Goodnight everyone!
@OvertheHorizon @Disney Dad 3000

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
img_3024-jpg.193214

3 - Snow White's Castle
3 - Fantasia

Goodnight everyone!
@MCParradox @Poe Dameron

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
img_3024-jpg.193214

3 - Snow White's Castle
3 - Fantasia

Goodnight everyone!
@warfelg @DlpPhantom

MA Screamin'

The facade would blend, I'm working on some drafts rn, hold your vote haha

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom