Club 32 Lounge

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
This is a Map of Fantasyland based on sketches done by @Brer Oswald -- including all of the relevant attractions. This doesn't need to be final but if anyone has suggestions for placement/etc -- feel free to chime in!
Here's the Key to the Map -- I tried to include pictures and would like to reorganize the numbers -- but this is the list

1 - Mary Poppins Jolly Holiday - complete
2 - Mr Toad's Wild Ride - in progress
3 - Peter Pan's Flight - in progress
4 - Flight of the Pheonix - complete
5 - Pinocchio's Misadventures - in progress
6 - Beauty and the Beast - complete
7 - Snow White's Adventures - in progress
8 - A Tangled Tale - complete
9 - Alice in Wonderland - in progress
10 - Wonderland Maze - in progress
11 - Dumbo - not started
12 - Casey Jr. Peoplemover - not started
13 - Fantasia Dark Ride - in progress
14 - Fantasia Garden - in progress
15 - Fantasyland Theater Show - in progress

*** Nighttime Show - complete

I'll tag some others as well if they have any thoughts/opinions on this: @Bill Cipher @DisneyManOne @Jsly
@Sephirenn @stitchcastle @Flippin'Flounder

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
This is a Map of Fantasyland based on sketches done by @Brer Oswald -- including all of the relevant attractions. This doesn't need to be final but if anyone has suggestions for placement/etc -- feel free to chime in!
Here's the Key to the Map -- I tried to include pictures and would like to reorganize the numbers -- but this is the list

11 - Dumbo - not started

@QuillPenn @OvertheHorizon

Any thoughts/feedback on this so far would be great! And if you have your own suggestions feel free to toss them in!:) Thanks everyone!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
547B0939-E6AE-4BD5-86D6-68157B234B93.jpg

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster

11 - Dumbo - not started

@D Hindley here's a project a lot of us on the site have been working on -- it's an "Ultimate Magic Kingdom" -- right now we are on Fantasyland and below I linked the recap of everything we've done so far.
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/club-32-recaps-and-final-projects.925202/

if you have any thoughts or suggestions this is a great open brainstorming thread to get started!:)

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Looks awesome! :) Quick question, what would the supports for the Casey Jr. Peoplemover look like? Or would it be ground level?
Sweet! Feel free to add in your thoughts as we go on and if you ever wanted to write-up an attraction or help on one feel free! Everyone is welcome to!

The original idea for Casey Jr. was to have it weave in and out of the attractions -- which would lend it to be above ground for the most part but @michmousefan once we get to that part can probably describe it better since he is going to finish that section up.:)

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
I'm a little confused with this "Critter Country". Is this gonna be part of Fantasyland? Because I honestly think that a British character like Winnie the Pooh feels out of place in a land based primarily on the American South. Is there a way to put Pooh into Fantasyland proper?
@Brer Oswald ?

In the original map by @kap91 - Pooh was in Fantasyland as a transition to Critter Country (which is a separate land from Fantasyland) -- both the "Villains Land" and "Critter Country" will flank Fantasyland acting as transitions to other lands based on past brainstorming.
img_3024-jpg.193214

I don't know the extent of what Critter Country will entail because we haven't gotten that far, but I'll agree that it could definitely have a place in the England Square area. I think one of the reasons it was moved was because the england area had a lot of attractions already.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Nice work, and strong collection of rides. Would it be possible to have a ranking of which rides are e-tickets versus c-ticket attractions? It would be good to balance them off and maybe think of the possible guest flow throughout the land. Where is this in relation to the castle and the other lands?
Hey welcome! Thanks for the feedback!

And yes the ticket level for each attraction I'll mention in a more expanded post tonight -- and in relation to the castle, it'll be a Fantasia themed Castle with a dark ride inside of it -- the castle is in purple on the map!:) So a similar position to most Magic Kingdoms in regard to Fantasyland behind the castle.
33465427900_026899a1a8_b.jpg

stitchcastle

Hey welcome! Thanks for the feedback!

And yes the ticket level for each attraction I'll mention in a more expanded post tonight -- and in relation to the castle, it'll be a Fantasia themed Castle with a dark ride inside of it -- the castle is in purple on the map!:) So a similar position to most Magic Kingdoms in regard to Fantasyland behind the castle.

I see, have you thought about putting the Fantasia Gardens in front of the Castle as opposed to behind it? I feel like having the gardens right as you enter Fantasyland could impede on guests being able to orient themselves as to which area to go to first. Imagine yourself going through the castle, what's the first thing you're supposed to see? What will draw your eye?

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
I see, have you thought about putting the Fantasia Gardens in front of the Castle as opposed to behind it? I feel like having the gardens right as you enter Fantasyland could impede on guests being able to orient themselves as to which area to go to first. Imagine yourself going through the castle, what's the first thing you're supposed to see? What will draw your eye?
Agreed with that for sure. That kinda reminds me of Shanghai a bit with the Gardens of Imagination.

Also for reference here were two sketches for what the castle might look like
1826331072688983430%253Faccount_id%253D9

Based on votes a few weeks ago people seemed to lean more towards the one on the right.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
I quite like the water falls on the left, it makes the castle look more alive and kinetic. The right castle has livelier colors though. What sort of architecture are you referencing for the castle and how tall do you think it will be?
About 185 ft each - Ideally I'd like to keep the castle the tallest point in the park

And in regards to the architecture -- I was thinking a Germanic influence similar to other Disney castle inspirations -- unless you have any other suggestions?:)
Neuschwanstein-castle.jpg

Eltz-Castle.jpg

2c57f931f3b7bb313f223d7a1c75ae66.jpeg

Corey

@Corey -- you're a really strong budding imagineer on here. Do you have any thoughts/opinions on this layout for an Ultimate Fantasyland we have created so far?

I like what I see here. I haven't had a chance to go through your ideas to see where you would place these new attractions. If you wanted to keep as much of the existing Fantasyland as possible, I would recommend locating these new additions in a new extension of the land behind the existing Fantasyland. There could be a connecting path between Enchanted Forest and Storybook Circus. Here is a map of what I had in mind:

Attachments

• New Fantasyland Map.jpg
    New Fantasyland Map.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 51

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom