Club 32 Lounge

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster

You're also in the WDWRadio one. iThemePark posted a walk-through I wonder if you're in that one too:p
53a07f1b3dc5d4dc94525bea2585f9a1.jpg

rawisericho

That would be very cool -- as a Marvel fan I totally approve. My only hesitation would be that it would alienate anyone who doesn't like Marvel. Similar to an all-Star Wars park even though that is amazing.

Yeah, I don't know if anyone's done a completely IP based park (although my philosophy is that if done well the IP doesn't matter). I think Star Wars, Marvel, Harry Potter and Nintendo are probably the only IPs that could sustain their own park but I understand the concern.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Yeah, I don't know if anyone's done a completely IP based park (although my philosophy is that if done well the IP doesn't matter). I think Star Wars, Marvel, Harry Potter and Nintendo are probably the only IPs that could sustain their own park but I understand the concern.
At least not in recent memory based on 1 IP -- I think I remember someone posting the Star Wars theme park but that was done by someone not on this site.

Of the main ideas presented so far, it's possible to have something like Islands of Adventure, where you have lands with different IPs or backstories, but they are all connected with the theme of world exploration.

Star Wars -- you can design a planet 'land'
Marvel - someone mentioned Wakanda before than that would be awesome (and fit the 'adventure' theme)
Indiana Jones - easily fits in with adventure.
Then we can delve into @Brer Oswald 's suggestions of the Atlas world and perhaps have a Glacier Bay type area in the park.
Then we can go towards @kmbmw777 's suggestion of having a futuristic Paris or an alternate reality land.

This would basically be the fusion between Animal Kingdom and DisneySEA -- but I'm going to go back through and read some of the ideas I glossed over this morning :bookworm:

rawisericho

At least not in recent memory based on 1 IP -- I think I remember someone posting the Star Wars theme park but that was done by someone not on this site.

Of the main ideas presented so far, it's possible to have something like Islands of Adventure, where you have lands with different IPs or backstories, but they are all connected with the theme of world exploration.

Star Wars -- you can design a planet 'land'
Marvel - someone mentioned Wakanda before than that would be awesome (and fit the 'adventure' theme)
Indiana Jones - easily fits in with adventure.
Then we can delve into @Brer Oswald 's suggestions of the Atlas world and perhaps have a Glacier Bay type area in the park.
Then we can go towards @kmbmw777 's suggestion of having a futuristic Paris or an alternate reality land.

This would basically be the fusion between Animal Kingdom and DisneySEA -- but I'm going to go back through and read some of the ideas I glossed over this morning :bookworm:

Yeah, I just meant in real life I don't think any company has done a completely IP park.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
I've thought before about a park that offshoots from the magic kingdom in a similar way that DisneySea does could be loosely connected through the idea of transportation. Bear with me.

Each land is set in its own part of the world, anchored by a different form of transport. For example, Ancient Egypt, which is anchored by the sailboat (they invented it), offering peaceful journeys down its famous rivers. Modern-Day Rome, anchored by the car, as they created the first widespread system of roads. America in the early 1900s, but instead of focusing on trains, it focuses on the airplane. The United Kingdom in the 1800s, with trains charging through the countryside.

Each land would be as loose as World Showcase in terms of architecture, allowing multiple time periods to blend together when necessary to allow for different attraction concepts to co-exist. IP's would be welcome as long as they were fitted into the area and transportation anchor (for example, if Cars showed up in Rome, or a Flight of Passage clone that starts by explaining how man's endeavors allowed us to eventually get to space, and thus, Pandora, that'd be fine).
Educational attractions could also be sprinkled throughout explaining how that form of transportation related to its host country.

The blending of World Showcase aesthetics with Future World ideals and DisneySea's model of continuity would allow for a park designed to strike a balance between learning and fun, IP's and original attractions, and a Peoplemover encircling the park would tie it all back to Walt's love for transportation.
I really love the spirit behind this idea. I think @FigmentPigments had mentioned this earlier but it may limit our use of IP. Personally I don't have an issue one way or the other.

The early 1900s America reminds me of Disney's America park -- especially with the planes and "Victory Field!"
16.jpg

I'm a big edutainment fan so I definitely like this idea -- maybe if we flesh it out a bit more I'll have a better understanding of how it is accessible to a variety of Disney properties and stories. :bookworm:

FigmentPigments

I really love the spirit behind this idea. I think @FigmentPigments had mentioned this earlier but it may limit our use of IP. Personally I don't have an issue one way or the other.

The early 1900s America reminds me of Disney's America park -- especially with the planes and "Victory Field!"
16.jpg

I'm a big edutainment fan so I definitely like this idea -- maybe if we flesh it out a bit more I'll have a better understanding of how it is accessible to a variety of Disney properties and stories. :bookworm:
Hmmm...and how would we portray the airplanes in America as according to the Brazilians, they discovered flight. :p ;)

FigmentPigments

Ha yes:p

I definitely think some elements from @Jones14 's idea can be implemented -- and maybe he can elaborate a bit on it when he has time too!
Oh absolutely. There's a lot here to be considered and if we do it, everyone will have something they can work on and contribute. So far, a good mix of ideas. As for transportation for Marvel: the helocarrier. :inlove:

I think the transportation elements like @mickeyfan5534 said can have a place here.

MonorailRed

Applebees
Wild Rice = code name for unbuilt 3rd pandora attraction

It really is a codeword for a monorail expansion

:hilarious:

16.jpg

I agree! I really think @Jones14 's idea has a ton of potential! It also connects to the Transportation "Hub" in the Castle Park's tomorrowland.

Oh absolutely. There's a lot here to be considered and if we do it, everyone will have something they can work on and contribute. So far, a good mix of ideas. As for transportation for Marvel: the helocarrier. :inlove:

I think the transportation elements like @mickeyfan5534 said can have a place here.

Absolutely! :D

Voxel

President of Progress City
Sorry I've been a little MIA content wise the past few days... I'm 99.9% sure I'll be MIA on the 27th and 28th again :cyclops: (@Voxel - Sivako!)

KMD12DisneyCAAdventure-1106.jpg

Anyways I'd really like to do the Firebird Suite walkthrough today to get things rolling again... From there the Rite of Spring Tunnel.

I think that brings a good point! Maybe an even more general theme? :bookworm:

I think a few big IPs to put into Resort as a whole (Based on Box office popularity for New Zealand/Australia/China/Japan/US/Canada) would be Zootopia, Marvel, and Star Wars... And we really haven't had any included yet.... But a Animal Kingdom/Epcot-y park could work for that possibly. o_O

You got this. Btw great seeing you over the weekend. I loved pandora.

Jones14

For me, the transportation idea came from how well Tokyo uses in-park transportation, and I thought of it more as a loose connector rather than the thing that completely glues everything together. I think there's a lot of room for IP's in what I'm envisioning because it just has to tie logically in at least one way, whether that be the time period, location, OR the form of transportation. It discourages simple IP drag and drop because it forces IP's to be used more creatively than a simple retelling of the main film plots when it comes to rides.

Midway Mania wouldn't fit in America simply because it doesn't really have anything to do with the three, but a Toy Story ride set in the Wild West (like the opening to the third movie) on a Big Thunder Mountain-esque family coaster would, because it fits the aesthetics of 1900s America. A cartoon version, of course, but a logical visual transition. Toad's Wild Ride would fit in England, even though the form there is trains, because the anchoring form is a jumping-off point. The comparison to Animal/Epcot/DisneySea is VERY accurate to what I'm thinking of, because there is a place for IP's, but the park isn't dependent on them.

I'm also not solid on the exact lands, because I haven't really fleshed it out much, but there could certainly be lands added that would be more IP-friendly. I'm also down to apply any of this to what we're looking at for the second park! Steal away lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom