Club 32 Lounge

Imagineerland

Quick thought I had while starting to layout the site plan in Sketchup. Because the second park will be right up against the water, there could be one or more lands that directly interacts with this real body of water in some way. That could be pretty interesting and a lot of different ways we could go with that. Worth thinking about.

MonorailRed

Applebees
Hi everyone! It's actually Figment this time and not Megan. I'm so happy to say that I have just been cleared to resume my normal activities by all three of my doctors. Surgery went well, and I'm slowly weaning away from the medication so I expect to be on line much more often. I have been cautioned to take it easy still, and Megan may still help me out if it gets to be too much, but I you guys should be seeing more of me. :joyfull:

I just wanted to thank every one here for all of the well wishes, thoughts, and prayers through the last month. It's really touching to have so many people here care. :cry: :inlove: I also wanted to thank you for being so nice and understanding with Megan. She said you guys were so helpful and patient with her lack of knowledge of the forums and her sometimes "terrible" typing skills. I always brag to her about the wonderful people here and how creative you all can be. Thank you so much for being the great people you that you guys are! :happy:
incredibles.png
Welcome back Figment! So happy to hear this news!:D

Princess Leia

I've thought before about a park that offshoots from the magic kingdom in a similar way that DisneySea does could be loosely connected through the idea of transportation. Bear with me.

Each land is set in its own part of the world, anchored by a different form of transport. For example, Ancient Egypt, which is anchored by the sailboat (they invented it), offering peaceful journeys down its famous rivers. Modern-Day Rome, anchored by the car, as they created the first widespread system of roads. America in the early 1900s, but instead of focusing on trains, it focuses on the airplane. The United Kingdom in the 1800s, with trains charging through the countryside.

Each land would be as loose as World Showcase in terms of architecture, allowing multiple time periods to blend together when necessary to allow for different attraction concepts to co-exist. IP's would be welcome as long as they were fitted into the area and transportation anchor (for example, if Cars showed up in Rome, or a Flight of Passage clone that starts by explaining how man's endeavors allowed us to eventually get to space, and thus, Pandora, that'd be fine).
Educational attractions could also be sprinkled throughout explaining how that form of transportation related to its host country.

The blending of World Showcase aesthetics with Future World ideals and DisneySea's model of continuity would allow for a park designed to strike a balance between learning and fun, IP's and original attractions, and a Peoplemover encircling the park would tie it all back to Walt's love for transportation.
I am so onboard with this idea!!!

FigmentPigments

I've thought before about a park that offshoots from the magic kingdom in a similar way that DisneySea does could be loosely connected through the idea of transportation. Bear with me.

Each land is set in its own part of the world, anchored by a different form of transport. For example, Ancient Egypt, which is anchored by the sailboat (they invented it), offering peaceful journeys down its famous rivers. Modern-Day Rome, anchored by the car, as they created the first widespread system of roads. America in the early 1900s, but instead of focusing on trains, it focuses on the airplane. The United Kingdom in the 1800s, with trains charging through the countryside.

Each land would be as loose as World Showcase in terms of architecture, allowing multiple time periods to blend together when necessary to allow for different attraction concepts to co-exist. IP's would be welcome as long as they were fitted into the area and transportation anchor (for example, if Cars showed up in Rome, or a Flight of Passage clone that starts by explaining how man's endeavors allowed us to eventually get to space, and thus, Pandora, that'd be fine).
Educational attractions could also be sprinkled throughout explaining how that form of transportation related to its host country.

The blending of World Showcase aesthetics with Future World ideals and DisneySea's model of continuity would allow for a park designed to strike a balance between learning and fun, IP's and original attractions, and a Peoplemover encircling the park would tie it all back to Walt's love for transportation.
Interesting idea! And one that is not really been explored as much. :bookworm: My main concern is that this will limit the amount of IPs we can use. Not that every park needs to be IP central (I love Animal Kingdom and the original Epcot), but do we want to be this narrow focused?

MonorailRed

Applebees
Sorry I've been a little MIA content wise the past few days... I'm 99.9% sure I'll be MIA on the 27th and 28th again :cyclops: (@Voxel - Sivako!)

KMD12DisneyCAAdventure-1106.jpg

Anyways I'd really like to do the Firebird Suite walkthrough today to get things rolling again... From there the Rite of Spring Tunnel.

Interesting idea! And one that is not really been explored as much. :bookworm: My main concern is that this will limit the amount of IPs we can use. Not that every park needs to be IP central (I love Animal Kingdom and the original Epcot), but do we want to be this narrow focused?

I think that brings a good point! Maybe an even more general theme? :bookworm:

I think a few big IPs to put into Resort as a whole (Based on Box office popularity for New Zealand/Australia/China/Japan/US/Canada) would be Zootopia, Marvel, and Star Wars... And we really haven't had any included yet.... But a Animal Kingdom/Epcot-y park could work for that possibly. o_O

FigmentPigments

Sorry I've been a little MIA content wise the past few days... I'm 99.9% sure I'll be MIA on the 27th and 28th again :cyclops: (@Voxel - Sivako!)

KMD12DisneyCAAdventure-1106.jpg

Anyways I'd really like to do the Firebird Suite walkthrough today to get things rolling again... From there the Rite of Spring Tunnel.

I think that brings a good point! Maybe an even more general theme? :bookworm:

I think a few big IPs to put into Resort as a whole (Based on Box office popularity for New Zealand/Australia/China/Japan/US/Canada) would be Zootopia, Marvel, and Star Wars... And we really haven't had any included yet.... But a Animal Kingdom/Epcot-y park could work for that possibly. o_O
Whoo Hoo! I really enjoy that area; my second favorite part of that park.

I agree that a general theme would give greater access. I think we can still use the transportation aspect in what ever park we decide to go with. In Pangaea or Infinity, the S.E.A. members (or whoever :)) will need to travel to these far off destinations so there's no reason we can't put transportation as one of many focal points.

It does seem that (in general) most ideas are drifting towards a combination of Animal Kingdom and Epcot. Does anybody want to go completely in a completely different direction? :bookworm:

MonorailRed

Applebees
Whoo Hoo! I really enjoy that area; my second favorite part of that park.

I agree that a general theme would give greater access. I think we can still use the transportation aspect in what ever park we decide to go with. In Pangaea or Infinity, the S.E.A. members (or whoever :)) will need to travel to these far off destinations so there's no reason we can't put transportation as one of many focal points.

It does seem that (in general) most ideas are drifting towards a combination of Animal Kingdom and Epcot. Does anybody want to go completely in a completely different direction? :bookworm:

Thanks! :D I was meant the opening day crowd picture haha.... My view on the 27th will be more like this :hilarious: But filled to capacity

Pandora-by-Attractions-Magazine-97.jpg

I think Futurism with a naturalistic AK touch may help more than were thinking....

We could do a green-er Star Wars planet, Zootopia would fit... Marvel would be tricky - But I do believe it's a must have on property. Even if we have a DisneyQuest Style Marvel thing in the Shopping area, it's gotta be included.

Yeah, I'm really quite busy Imagineering elsewhere (though I'm here right now!), and I'm concerned about plopping my favorite personal park ideas here in case I need them for my Tournament of Champions, but...

Random, new idea:

How about expanding Beastlie Kingdomme into an entire park?

Beastly Kingdom has a TON of potential now a days.... I could really see this working well....

Maybe we could go from Prehistoric Natural World to Eco-Friendly CityScape Contemporary to Naturalistic Futurism? o_O Like the farther you go back into the park the further in time you go? o_O

FigmentPigments

Thanks! :D I was meant the opening day crowd picture haha.... My view on the 27th will be more like this :hilarious: But filled to capacity

I think Futurism with a naturalistic AK touch may help more than were thinking....

We could do a green-er Star Wars planet, Zootopia would fit... Marvel would be tricky - But I do believe it's a must have on property. Even if we have a DisneyQuest Style Marvel thing in the Shopping area, it's gotta be included.

Beastly Kingdom has a TON of potential now a days.... I could really see this working well....

Maybe we could go from Prehistoric Natural World to Eco-Friendly CityScape Contemporary to Naturalistic Futurism? o_O Like the farther you go back into the park the further in time you go? o_O
Oh, that's right! I remember you were being trained for Pandora. Yikes! :eek: Good luck with that. :cautious: :p Hopefully, it will go smoothly.

That's an interesting idea, Red. I know Space said each of our lands reflects a time period over in the first park, but to put it towards the forefront could be an interesting take. This might be able to somewhat unite the two ideas of Pangaea and Infinity. Infinity I think could especially benefit from the future sections as almost anything could happen. Definitely have a new option now. :bookworm:

MonorailRed

Applebees
Oh, that's right! I remember you were being trained for Pandora. Yikes! :eek: Good luck with that. :cautious: :p Hopefully, it will go smoothly.

Sivako in Navi Means "Rise to the Challenge" - It's my motto for the next few weeks :p:hilarious:

That's an interesting idea, Red. I know Space said each of our lands reflects a time period over in the first park, but to put it towards the forefront could be an interesting take. This might be able to somewhat unite the two ideas of Pangaea and Infinity. Infinity I think could especially benefit from the future sections as almost anything could happen. Definitely have a new option now. :bookworm:

If time unites both Parks, and the Resort as a whole as a basis for themed layout, it could really be an interpreting take on a resort as a whole :D

Yeah! I think it could totally unite Pangaea and Infinity... Kinda like Epcot has Future World and World Showcase! Makes it super unique.

Disney Dad 3000

I was wondering how your time thete was going. Hopefully not too nuts for you.

Maybe for marvel something like jungles of Wakanda/black panther.

Big AK and epcot fan so anything even remotely related is a plus.
Anything rescuers related?

MonorailRed

Applebees
I was wondering how your time thete was going. Hopefully not too nuts for you.

Oh previews are pretty chill... to give you an idea both attractions are walk-ons every AP/DVC wave... pretty chill crowds.

But going from Preview crowds to opening day will be interesting :hilarious:

I love the area though! Can't wait for everyone to see it after it opens... Flight of Passage is definitely one of my favorite rides WDI has worked on yet! :D And the technology in River Journey? Amazing! :eek: Exceeded my expectations 110%.

Maybe for marvel something like jungles of Wakanda/black panther.

Big AK and epcot fan so anything even remotely related is a plus.
Anything rescuers related?

YES! Sounds perfect!

I think We should... it's one of the only Australian based IPs that disney has....

I could see a "Flight of Marahute" ride similar to Soarin' or Flight of Passage.... Maybe helping a rescue mission for the Rescue Aid Society.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster

4:43 :p:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom