Club 32 Lounge

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
I haven't been around for the making of most of this, so I don't know what other suggestions I can give. I can't wait to see the ending result, though!
Sounds good - thanks! Should be completely finished within the next few weeks (in terms of all the concept art for the rides and such)

But if you have any minor edits to the park's layout, or anything to add/replace just by looking at the map - that's what this brainstorming session is for!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
I meant just shorten it a tad vertically, if that makes any sense so instead of a path meeting the stage there's some water between them
Hmm...isn't that what is there already? :p

The stage is on the red island that says "Moana", there's some islands and water in-between and then the Moana seating which is connected to the main walkway for entrance/exit for the guests.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
@mickeyfan5534 @kap91 I made the adjustments

Mickeyfan I added a moat in front of the stage, but to @D Hindley 's suggestions (I think) i kept the path going around to enter the castle

For kap, Maybe the mine entrance on the european forest island (along with Tangled and Beauty and the Beast) seemed like the most natural fit. Then (underground) you'd march with the 7 dwarfs to and from the railroad station (themed to the mine where a million diamonds shine) and enter/exit the train.

Those train tunnels are feasible given we aren't dealing with the florida water table and also worst comes to worst for realism, we could build utilidors and the mine is just an elaborately themed wing of the utlidors.

The Excavator

@mickeyfan5534 @kap91 I made the adjustments

Mickeyfan I added a moat in front of the stage, but to @D Hindley 's suggestions (I think) i kept the path going around to enter the castle

For kap, Maybe the mine entrance on the european forest island (along with Tangled and Beauty and the Beast) seemed like the most natural fit. Then (underground) you'd march with the 7 dwarfs to and from the railroad station (themed to the mine where a million diamonds shine) and enter/exit the train.

Those train tunnels are feasible given we aren't dealing with the florida water table and also worst comes to worst for realism, we could build utilidors and the mine is just an elaborately themed wing of the utlidors.
Looks great. I don't see the Princess and the Frog expansion though

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
What did you all end up doing for PATF
It's the C-Ticket team baby groot did for Princess and the Frog!

0B2Iz8p6EsPKUSmxKc2J6UWJlZkE=w1910-h1136-iv1

Imagineerland

And I'm starting.

I'll give updates and if I have specific questions as I go, I'll coordinate with @spacemt354 and who ever led that area to figure out what should be done. My goal is to not just trace what you had into a new map but try to translate the intent into my style with accurate scales and layouts. So it's not going to look like what you had, but it will be the same park with the same concept.

But be warned that my process is basically to struggle with it and make no progress for a week or two or three, and then suddenly hit a breakthrough and finish quickly, so may be a little bit of time until I have something I want to show you.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
And I'm starting.

I'll give updates and if I have specific questions as I go, I'll coordinate with @spacemt354 and who ever led that area to figure out what should be done. My goal is to not just trace what you had into a new map but try to translate the intent into my style with accurate scales and layouts. So it's not going to look like what you had, but it will be the same park with the same concept.

But be warned that my process is basically to struggle with it and make no progress for a week or two or three, and then suddenly hit a breakthrough and finish quickly, so may be a little bit of time until I have something I want to show you.
No problem - take as much time as you need. Look forward to seeing the progress and realistic edits.

Also thank you to everyone for the feedback/edits today as well, here's the final design with the adjustments
34673994351_5613ae2fcc_b.jpg

And sure I will be around if you need any help or questions answered throughout the progress. Thanks again!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom