Club 32 Lounge

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Oh by the way, was there more discussion about the site for the project since the Sydney Harbor National Park site was suggested a while back? Because if possible, I want to at least be able to look at the site we are working on.
I'm working on the Moana art on @mickeyfan5534 's suggestions -- but I will get this info to you by tomorrow night.

Imagineerland

I don't need any images or anything.

The reason I am asking is because if we are still at the National Park site by the harbor, I have reservations... That's such an unrealistic idea to take over an established National Park for a Disney Resort. It just would never happen. Now, the rest of this plan will never happen either, so if we want to be ok with the hypothetical nature of this, that's fine with me, but as you know, my approach is to be as realistic as possible, so I would personally go with another site.

If you want another site, I spent some time looking around and think there might be some possibilities south of the city.

Maybe this area could work. Would take some additions into the bay, but it could basically be the same size as the Tokyo Resort.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/3...3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d-34.0306186!4d151.1575372

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
I don't need any images or anything.

The reason I am asking is because if we are still at the National Park site by the harbor, I have reservations... That's such an unrealistic idea to take over an established National Park for a Disney Resort. It just would never happen. Now, the rest of this plan will never happen either, so if we want to be ok with the hypothetical nature of this, that's fine with me, but as you know, my approach is to be as realistic as possible, so I would personally go with another site.

If you want another site, I spent some time looking around and think there might be some possibilities south of the city.

Maybe this area could work. Would take some additions into the bay, but it could basically be the same size as the Tokyo Resort.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/34°01'50.2"S+151°09'27.1"E/@-34.0306186,151.1553485,726m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d-34.0306186!4d151.1575372
Feel free to place the resort wherever you deem realistic enough to include a harbor. I really don't have any issues with the location you selected. It looks pretty cool!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Now, the rest of this plan will never happen either, so if we want to be ok with the hypothetical nature of this, that's fine with me
Could you just elaborate a bit on this statement? Goals have shifted around over time, but I'm someone who favors realism over most things, and for this park in particular I would like to make it as realistic as possible. The 2nd park is a different story, but for this Disneyland park I think it's pretty realistic to be honest so if there is anything you see that might not happen feel free to mention it.

Imagineerland

Oh yeah, I'm not criticizing the realism of what you all have made. I actually think its been refined down into a pretty realistic concept with a bunch of elements that I think could happen in the real world. I just mean that a park designed by a group on an internet forum isn't going to actually get built so we technically we don't have to follow rules.

Tomorrow, I'll draw up a site proposal with some layout ideas to see what everyone thinks.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Oh yeah, I'm not criticizing the realism of what you all have made. I actually think its been refined down into a pretty realistic concept with a bunch of elements that I think could happen in the real world. I just mean that a park designed by a group on an internet forum isn't going to actually get built so we technically we don't have to follow rules.

Tomorrow, I'll draw up a site proposal with some layout ideas to see what everyone thinks.
Oh haha that is very true

And sounds good - can't wait to see!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
@mickeyfan5534 I don't know if you have any specific scenes in mind -- but I could just picture this working as a finale or intro perfectly. That scene is what I based the concept art on.

2667038399292486339%253Faccount_id%253D9

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
I haven't done a whole bunch of work on Moana but I can see that for the finale. I still think Fantasmic would be a good nighttime show for this stage.
I agree -- I wonder if we can implement some of the projection tech from Star Wars and Happily Ever After onto the mountain...so at night it doesn't look like a Polynesian Island by maybe a european hillside for a princess segment, or a castle for a villain segment.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Love this

@spacemt354 I noticed the map doesn't have the islands in it for Adventureland, could that be added?
That's actually a good idea - because I'd like to also indicate on the map that there is a backstage area in-between Pirates and Western River that houses the cast for Moana and all the set pieces, which come out onto the water similar to Illuminations.

Since its on an island it would be hard to have backstage on it for cast, so they'll float in on the boats for the show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom