Club 32 Lounge

englanddg

One Little Spark...
And a recap video for the overall scope of the project!

Oh, thx, watching now. I'm behind, due to:

O4cPmnm.gif

D Hulk

ENCHANTED TIKI WORLD
Tiki Room dark ride

(Reimagining the Enchanted Tiki Room from an AA show into a trackless dark ride, while maintaining the original's charm. A fairly tentative brainstorming effort.)

IMG_2246.JPG

From the outside, it seems like the classic Tiki Room. A thatched Hawaiian "Tiki Temple" sits beyond the tiki gardens, full of gentle flowing streams. The barker parrot from Disneyland's first few months is reintroduced to draw guests in. They queue past interactive Tangaroa & Friends idols, pulsing into the hut. Guests inside sit in the "theater-in-the-round" setting, in one of four seating sections facing the center, with sleeping animatronic birds above - the same setup as usual. It's all actually a little disappointing so far, since this room only features the central four (Jose, Pierre, Fritz, and Michael). No other animatronics.

Jose et al start their standard show at a cast member's beckoning. After their usual opening dialogue, the "Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Room" song begins...and the four seat sections move - each is a trackless vehicle like Tokyo's higher-capacity Beauty & the Beast variety. (This reveal - it's not a show, it's a ride - is meant to be a pleasant show-stopping surprise.) Cars reverse through what was once a wall, and into the larger interior of the Tiki Temple, built into the side of an ocean cliff. It is here where we reveal the massive cast of singing AA birds in a tropical longhouse setting, complete with Adventurer Club details, plus fun elements like a "living" ship in a bottle, lava lamps, bubbling mai tais, etc.

IMG_2245.JPG

(Groups of cars will head out into the ride roughly every minute. I picture we would use two separate theater rooms for the start, so one is loading while the other is performing. Timing should be leisurely, allowing guests enough time in each room to enjoy the songs at an appropriate pace. If each car holds 8 (2 rows of 4), and 4 go out at once, hourly capacity should be 1,920.)

Show scenes become dark ride set pieces. The "glee club" chorus of white cockatiels is set on a spinning Bubsy Berkeley fountain stage (in a room full of aquariums and mermaids) around which cars circle. Cockatiels sing "Let's All Sing Like the Birdies Sing." All throughout the ride, Jose and pals appear, singing and emceeing. Cars spin and they dance tracklessly with the music.

Cars exit the Tiki Temple into the enchanted nighttime jungle, teeming with all manner of exotic bird species. (Easter egg: Up's Kevin). The birds give a Hawaiian luau performance around a fire pit, joined in by animatronic suckling pigs on the serving platters and animatronic fish hooked on lines. Also little animated "dancing hula girl" figurines.

IMG_2247.JPG

Past tiki torches and past waves crashing on the sandy shoreline. The scent of saltwater. Living, singing orchids and birds-of-paradise perform "The Hula Song." Past palm trees carved into idols. Waterways from the inland pineapple plantations sparkle and dance with Bellagio-style fountain effects.

Through a giant Moai's mouth (Easter Island head). Alongside warm glowing lava flows, where crude tiki statues and Moai all sing the "Hawaiian War Chant." A few statues surf the lava. Ritualistic drumming and dancing! Crescendo! The distant volcano erupts (screen effect). Michael: "The gods have been angered by all our celebratin'."

IMG_2248.JPG

Cars retreat for shelter inside a dreamlike glow worm cavern behind a soothing one waterfall. Amidst beached Kon Tiki boats, the cave glistens and the entire cast - one room filled with over 50 animatronic wonders! - sings us out with a rousing climactic medley. (The exit leads to Dole Whips.)

(I'd considered an alternate version which instead explored the backstory of what magic enchants the Tiki Room, but I've opted here instead for something closer to the original show. Much of the artwork credit must go to our collective muse, @TomThordarson.)

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Only partially through the video, but I have a question...if going into Australia, why so Ameri-centric?

I may be missing something...but, seems to me that, for example, there are nods to the local culture and history which could be incorporated?

What is the groups thoughts on this, and how you reached this?

I mean this not as a knock (this is very impressive!), but a general question, cuz, ya'll know me...

tumblr_nq9gj9edE61shjfmco1_400.gif

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
ENCHANTED TIKI WORLD
Tiki Room dark ride

(Reimagining the Enchanted Tiki Room from an AA show into a trackless dark ride, while maintaining the original's charm. A fairly tentative brainstorming effort.)

View attachment 200336

From the outside, it seems like the classic Tiki Room. A thatched Hawaiian "Tiki Temple" sits beyond the tiki gardens, full of gentle flowing streams. The barker parrot from Disneyland's first few months is reintroduced to draw guests in. They queue past interactive Tangaroa & Friends idols, pulsing into the hut. Guests inside sit in the "theater-in-the-round" setting, in one of four seating sections facing the center, with sleeping animatronic birds above - the same setup as usual. It's all actually a little disappointing so far, since this room only features the central four (Jose, Pierre, Fritz, and Michael). No other animatronics.

Jose et al start their standard show at a cast member's beckoning. After their usual opening dialogue, the "Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Room" song begins...and the four seat sections move - each is a trackless vehicle like Tokyo's higher-capacity Beauty & the Beast variety. (This reveal - it's not a show, it's a ride - is meant to be a pleasant show-stopping surprise.) Cars reverse through what was once a wall, and into the larger interior of the Tiki Temple, built into the side of an ocean cliff. It is here where we reveal the massive cast of singing AA birds in a tropical longhouse setting, complete with Adventurer Club details, plus fun elements like a "living" ship in a bottle, lava lamps, bubbling mai tais, etc.

View attachment 200337

(Groups of cars will head out into the ride roughly every minute. I picture we would use two separate theater rooms for the start, so one is loading while the other is performing. Timing should be leisurely, allowing guests enough time in each room to enjoy the songs at an appropriate pace. If each car holds 8 (2 rows of 4), and 4 go out at once, hourly capacity should be 1,920.)

Show scenes become dark ride set pieces. The "glee club" chorus of white cockatiels is set on a spinning Bubsy Berkeley fountain stage (in a room full of aquariums and mermaids) around which cars circle. Cockatiels sing "Let's All Sing Like the Birdies Sing." All throughout the ride, Jose and pals appear, singing and emceeing. Cars spin and they dance tracklessly with the music.

Cars exit the Tiki Temple into the enchanted nighttime jungle, teeming with all manner of exotic bird species. (Easter egg: Up's Kevin). The birds give a Hawaiian luau performance around a fire pit, joined in by animatronic suckling pigs on the serving platters and animatronic fish hooked on lines. Also little animated "dancing hula girl" figurines.

View attachment 200338

Past tiki torches and past waves crashing on the sandy shoreline. The scent of saltwater. Living, singing orchids and birds-of-paradise perform "The Hula Song." Past palm trees carved into idols. Waterways from the inland pineapple plantations sparkle and dance with Bellagio-style fountain effects.

Through a giant Moai's mouth (Easter Island head). Alongside warm glowing lava flows, where crude tiki statues and Moai all sing the "Hawaiian War Chant." A few statues surf the lava. Ritualistic drumming and dancing! Crescendo! The distant volcano erupts (screen effect). Michael: "The gods have been angered by all our celebratin'."

View attachment 200342

Cars retreat for shelter inside a dreamlike glow worm cavern behind a soothing one waterfall. Amidst beached Kon Tiki boats, the cave glistens and the entire cast - one room filled with over 50 animatronic wonders! - sings us out with a rousing climactic medley. (The exit leads to Dole Whips.)

(I'd considered an alternate version which instead explored the backstory of what magic enchants the Tiki Room, but I've opted here instead for something closer to the original show. Much of the artwork credit must go to our collective muse, @TomThordarson.)
You kept the charm and quaintness of the show but told it in a much more visceral way! Really enjoy this Douglas! And especially all the subtle easter eggs throughout the ride!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Only partially through the video, but I have a question...if going into Australia, why so Ameri-centric?

I may be missing something...but, seems to me that, for example, there are nods to the local culture and history which could be incorporated?

I mean this not as a knock (this is very impressive!), but a general question, cuz, ya'll know me...

I've been thinking about that for the entrance and might want to change that up a bit to be less specific to locations. From the past discussions I remember one thing we wanted to do was not follow the progression of parks like DCA and have it be too tied to its nations park. But if you have any suggestions we're all open to them. The Colonial entrance was one I was tackling so if you have any thoughts on that I'd be glad to hear them on how to improve it!

MonorailRed

Applebees

My personal thought process was that if Grizzly Peak at HKDLR is popular, probably an American Emphasis would follow suit in Australia.... :bookworm: Plus... I think it could avoid getting into the issues DCA had (California Adventure in California, Australia Attractions in Australia).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom