Club 32 Lounge

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Thanks for the welcome. I worked on a enthusiast project called Worlds Of Adventure resort many years back. We had Resorts in Spain, Singapore and Tokyo as well as a Winter Wonderland style park in Toronto and a DisneySea style park in Croatia. Looking back choises for location weren't the best but it was original with no ip involved lands included Lost City, Future World and Lost Coast to name a few. Unfortunatly we never moved on after those resorts were planned as there was a big fall out amongst the team but it was a very enjoyable project!
That sounds really cool!

So these are non-Disney related -- just original concepts?

JackWatkinson

Everyone has contributed some fantastic work!

Villains Land is pretty much done, except for a Bald Mountain roller coaster that @orlando678- had envisioned. But we have the Haunted Mansion and a Villains Academy comedy attraction as well!

Discoveryland/Tomorrowland is in Blue Sky mode. Anything is possible if you have some thoughts for that!

Actually...one thing we really haven't touched on is dining and shops. That could be something we could discuss!
In terms of dining a Beauty and the Beast restaurant would be perfect in my opinion as would one themed to the Mad Hatters tea party.

Imagineerland

You all sure have made some progress since the last time I checked in here.I kindof forgot about this hence my absence, sorry. But looks good and I appreciate that there's art for everything already.

Keep on tagging me if you want my opinion or advice about anything! Happy to share thoughts if you've got anything specific.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
You all sure have made some progress since the last time I checked in here.I kindof forgot about this hence my absence, sorry. But looks good and I appreciate that there's art for everything already.

Keep on tagging me if you want my opinion or advice about anything! Happy to share thoughts if you've got anything specific.
I'm going to be posting a sketch for a new map -- if you have any feedback on it that'd be great!:)

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
@Imagineerland -- To give some context -- here's some old versions of the map

A few weeks ago...
img_3024-jpg.193214

A few days ago...
33465427900_026899a1a8_b.jpg

And to give a bit more context -- the Villains Land is slotted to fit in the bottom right corner of Fantasyland if looking at it from the overhead view...
img_6490-jpg.195630

And here's the latest version of the map...
7615291583854516964%253Faccount_id%253D9

(Right side got cut off the "To Dis--" is ..."To Discovery Land")

Basically I'm trying to open up the middle of the land to give it some breathing room. From the previous version, I moved around some of the dark rides...such as your Tangled Tale ride, and consolidated most of the non-English european based fairy tales into the Fantasyland Forest (on the left side of the map)

Tangled, Snow White, Beauty and the Beast are now all together -- creating a flow of forestation throughout that side of Fantasyland.

This merges with a transition from forest to London -- with Winnie the Pooh -- an IP that incorporates both English storytelling and a forest setting. The "Hundred Acre Wood and Pooh C-ticket then transition into a "Critter Country mini-land" to the left, and if you turn right, you end up in London Square (similar to New Orleans Square with its quaint design)

London Square area features rides such as Mr. Toad, Mary Poppins, and Peter Pan's Flight.

Another English tale, Alice in Wonderland -- veers off from the more fanciful "Neverland" facade of Peter Pan's Flight and into "Wonderland" for the tea cups and an Alice trackless attraction.

Traveling south of that we have an Alpine Village aesthetic - with a walkthrough B-ticket and a Pinocchio Boat Ride.

In the center is @D Hindley 's canals, Dumbo spinners, and the Casey Jr. transit system (which I think you were even talking about way back when) the Casey Jr. Train that would go through all of the attractions like the peoplemover) -- we also have a Fantasyland stage (most likely themed similar to the Canals to blend in)

In the front we have Fantasia Castle -- which if coming from the entrance to the park, blends in with the "Main Street" of the park -- Fantasia Gardens. The Castle has a Fantasia attraction in it as well as a stage in front of it.

Lastly, I numbered a bunch of empty buildings near and around the respective attractions -- we were talking about dining/shopping earlier...so those numbers indicate potential dining/shopping locations throughout the lands. They can either tie in with the surrounding attractions or be new entities that fit the overall Fantasyland theme. If you have any suggestions for those -- that would be great!

Some that @JackWatkinson started to mention were a Mad Hatter and Beauty and the Beast restaurant.

Thanks! And if anyone else has any feedback on this as well -- please don't hesitate to post!:)

JackWatkinson

@Imagineerland -- To give some context -- here's some old versions of the map

A few weeks ago...
img_3024-jpg.193214

A few days ago...
33465427900_026899a1a8_b.jpg

And to give a bit more context -- the Villains Land is slotted to fit in the bottom right corner of Fantasyland if looking at it from the overhead view...
img_6490-jpg.195630

And here's the latest version of the map...

(Right side got cut off the "To Dis--" is ..."To Discovery Land")

Basically I'm trying to open up the middle of the land to give it some breathing room. From the previous version, I moved around some of the dark rides...such as your Tangled Tale ride, and consolidated most of the non-English european based fairy tales into the Fantasyland Forest (on the left side of the map)

Tangled, Snow White, Beauty and the Beast are now all together -- creating a flow of forestation throughout that side of Fantasyland.

This merges with a transition from forest to London -- with Winnie the Pooh -- an IP that incorporates both English storytelling and a forest setting. The "Hundred Acre Wood and Pooh C-ticket then transition into a "Critter Country mini-land" to the left, and if you turn right, you end up in London Square (similar to New Orleans Square with its quaint design)

London Square area features rides such as Mr. Toad, Mary Poppins, and Peter Pan's Flight.

Another English tale, Alice in Wonderland -- veers off from the more fanciful "Neverland" facade of Peter Pan's Flight and into "Wonderland" for the tea cups and an Alice trackless attraction.

Traveling south of that we have an Alpine Village aesthetic - with a walkthrough B-ticket and a Pinocchio Boat Ride.

In the center is @D Hindley 's canals, Dumbo spinners, and the Casey Jr. transit system (which I think you were even talking about way back when) the Casey Jr. Train that would go through all of the attractions like the peoplemover) -- we also have a Fantasyland stage (most likely themed similar to the Canals to blend in)

In the front we have Fantasia Castle -- which if coming from the entrance to the park, blends in with the "Main Street" of the park -- Fantasia Gardens. The Castle has a Fantasia attraction in it as well as a stage in front of it.

Lastly, I numbered a bunch of empty buildings near and around the respective attractions -- we were talking about dining/shopping earlier...so those numbers indicate potential dining/shopping locations throughout the lands. They can either tie in with the surrounding attractions or be new entities that fit the overall Fantasyland theme. If you have any suggestions for those -- that would be great!

Some that @JackWatkinson started to mention were a Mad Hatter and Beauty and the Beast restaurant.

Thanks! And if anyone else has any feedback on this as well -- please don't hesitate to post!:)
Shanghai Disney has a shop called 'hundred acre goods' I think this would be a great fit.

JackWatkinson

If we look at #1 on the map -- I made that with this image in mind
547B0939-E6AE-4BD5-86D6-68157B234B93.jpg

Imagine walking from the Casey Jr/Dumbo area -- through a quaint French village and looking at Beast Castle in the distance.

I'm thinking we could have Bonjour Gifts and maybe even a Belle Storytime/Meet and Greet in a children's bookstore shop.
Looks great! Shops and we need more meet and greats throughout the land.

JackWatkinson

If we look at #1 on the map -- I made that with this image in mind
547B0939-E6AE-4BD5-86D6-68157B234B93.jpg

Imagine walking from the Casey Jr/Dumbo area -- through a quaint French village and looking at Beast Castle in the distance.

I'm thinking we could have Bonjour Gifts and maybe even a Belle Storytime/Meet and Greet in a children's bookstore shop.
Also the building on the left called 'Gastons' could be similar to Gastons Tavern in the Magic Kingdom.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom