Closures due to cold weather

LivingtheDream

Original Poster
The Spirit of Aloha shows for 1/2 and 1/3 have been cancelled due to the cold weather .... also, Blizzaard Beach will be closed on 1/3 due to the cold weather .......

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Has this happened many times before?:(
I don't know about how often but it has happened to us before when trying to see the Aloha dinner show. There was a freak cold snap, much like what has happened in the last 24 hours, and the show we had reserved was cancelled.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
At my resort (Coronado) on the first, they sent out a voicemail to all the rooms saying it'd be very cold and that warm weather clothes were for sale at the gift shop.

Macaylasmom

Does Disney shut down rides too? Splash Mountain? Test Track? Kali River Rapids? I would imagine that only a few people would brave those rides on a day with low temps.

cnymike

I know. Just shows the weirdness of weather. It better be the pre- New Year weather for when I'm there in April.

If you're from CNY, you'll brave the test track ;).

SeanC

I don't know about how often but it has happened to us before when trying to see the Aloha dinner show. There was a freak cold snap, much like what has happened in the last 24 hours, and the show we had reserved was cancelled.

not a freak cold snap...this cold front has been forecast for Florida for at least the past 10 days now.

LivingtheDream

Original Poster
Does Disney shut down rides too? Splash Mountain? Test Track? Kali River Rapids? I would imagine that only a few people would brave those rides on a day with low temps.
Nothing has been announced, but I would think that they would stay open ... some ppl would brave the elements to ride them ... although, with kali rapids, that might get shut down because you really get wet and with temps forcast for the low 30's tomorrow, you have the potential for hypothermia so we'll see ... supposed to get back to the 70's by the weekend

cnymike

They'll stay open until someone sues Disney over wrongful hypothermia from riding a water ride when it's 40, and then not drying off.

If you do ride, cotton is the last thing you want, it just soaks up the water.

Seeing how the temps are rebounding rather quickly, I would love to live in Florida. No more snowplowing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom