• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Trip Report Clark & Ellen are headed on vacation! Alone!!! (Semi-Live) **Complete**

NunuBelle

Well unfortunately, it looks like our trip is coming to an end a little early. I woke up with a horrible Rheumatoid Arthritis Flare. :( Don’t know if it was the food I normally avoid or the walking but I barely made it to the beach today. Have a doc appt for Friday. I have had an amazing vacation though and can’t wait to redo it again in 96 days. I wanted to make the trek to Cumberland Island tomorrow to see the horses but we will do that in August!
Thanks for following along on our adventures and will post my final thoughts on the long ride home tomorrow!
B & another shark lolView attachment 372633
Sorry to hear about your RA flare, I hope you are feeling better. Sometimes when having so much fun, one doesn't realize how much exercise is involved!
Take good care of yourself!

Your next adventure (yey!) will be here before you know it 😀

MickeyCB

Advertisement
Loved following along, hope you are ok from your RA flare, and can't wait to follow along on your next adventure!

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Well, 2 1/2 hours of road trip to go if we don’t hit anymore standstill traffic. I hate being in a car lol! Not to mention I am worrying about the 40 lbs of shrimp we are bringing back...

Anyway, it gives me a chance to wind this baby up while not driving B crazy for a little bit.

I had an absolutely wonderful time both at Disney and at the beach.

The smoking was not an issue for me but I am glad I got irritated and canceled the trip for awhile.
It let me do things I may have put off at home and do something nice. It also made me shorten the Disney trip and spend a longer time at the beach. I really, really enjoyed my beach relaxation time!

The crowds were higher than May 2016 but the F & G Festival Flowers and Food were worth it.

Cheerleaders and dance groups are horrid. Not all of them obviously.. lol but I will plan around that next time. The parents actually were worse than the kids though.
😑

I actually liked not being on the dining plan. First time in years we haven’t had it. It was nice not being tied to a table service everyday. I can’t eat a lot at one sitting so I like snacking a few times like we did at the booths.

Going on vacation couple only Rocks!!!!!

We plan on doing a lot more of that in the future.
Probably spending a quiet summer hiking and enjoying the pool waiting for our next Disney/Beach trip in August. 5 days each place. 94 days to go! Woohoo!

Oh and my flare has calmed down a bit but was limping still this morning. Nothing a steroid shot won’t help tomorrow hopefully.

Thanks for following along!
See Ya Real Soon.
:)

Last edited:

KellBelle

Thanks again for sharing your fun with us! I am happy to hear the smoking was not so bad. I don't go until December, so maybe a few more bugs will be worked out by then, maybe not lol.. who knows! Sorry you had a flare up, glad to see it is getting better!

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Thanks again for sharing your fun with us! I am happy to hear the smoking was not so bad. I don't go until December, so maybe a few more bugs will be worked out by then, maybe not lol.. who knows! Sorry you had a flare up, glad to see it is getting better!
Thanks for following! They need to be off the beaten path more, like most of them were before they changed it. People should not have to walk thru smoke if they don’t want to. Also the bag check thing. Entering back in line wasn’t that bad but we have APs so that line was shorter but bagcheck was backed up. Definitely need to tweak it.
2 1/2 hours until some kitty cuddles 😉
When I opened the door they all greeted me! Not too many cuddles but from my big girl- the other two are wired for 220. I guess excited we are home. They had to inspect every bag lol and they grew!

I wish I had the love bugs back... the back yard is full of mosquitoes. I so need whatever it is they use. How do you leave Florida and Georgia and come home to mosquitoes. 😑
I am glad for mountain well water. My hair has felt horrid. I would have to wash my hair in bottled water if I lived there. 5BA84A53-2957-4A91-9A2B-6227C291CB9C.jpegE185F5A8-AB1E-436A-B639-EF33AB5069C2.jpeg

Finally slowed down! 4E53EC02-EBB9-483D-B015-D6C718E3AE54.jpeg

Last edited:

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Thanks for your TR. I loved following along. As for the sharks....we catch them here at the beach all the time. They are babies. Humans are too big and not on the menu.
View attachment 373119
View attachment 373118
Nice! He used to catch a ton at the pier at Holden Beach. That didn’t bother me- in the surf I always wonder if Momma is around somewhere though.
Thanks for following :)

Top Bottom