Citrus Dreamin' - A NEW Imagineering Competition - Chat and Hype Thread

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I'm leaving soon to go on a week-long no-electronics trip to Yosemite, and I won't be back until after the game starts. See y'all, and I wish you all luck on Citrus Dreamin'!

Favorite Theme Park Snack: Honeydukes Candied Apple
Have fun! There's no eliminations for the first two rounds so relax and enjoy your trip!

Anything with rum really
I second that lol

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
The Rum Blossom at Pongu Pongu or the Rum Dole Whip at the Poly/DAK/Springs.

Anything with rum really
potc GIF

Outbound

If you're interested in playing then you're in the right spot! Just introduce yourself and answer these riddles three to sign up to play!
  1. What Armchair Imagineering Project are you most proud of?
  2. What do you think you best talent is?
  3. What do you hope to get better at during this game?
I'm not great at making riddles.

You can start signing up now. If you don't want to play but are interesting in helping with guest reviews that is also awesome just let me know!

Orange you glad you clicked on this thread?
Is it too late for me to hop along? I've been meaning to get back into this!

1. For passion projects -- either going back to The Enchanted Palace (an adventurers club style fantasy party) from SYWTBAI or North Sea Voyage from 1986. The first was a team project with an idea we were all super passioniate about, and we ended up writing an insane amount for a relatively small scale prompt. For the second, I tried to emulate the OG "storyless" atmospheric Disney rides, like Pirates or Haunted Mansion, for a modern-day setting. Sometimes I have a tendency to "go big" so it was nice to step back and smell roses.

2. Since taking a step back, I am studying architecture, so I have new experiences with building design, codes, and I've gotten skilled with 3D and physical model-making! Excited to share these with ya'll.

3. Consistency -- I can sometimes focus all my energy on one thing, so if work or life get busier, I may take steps back. But this time, I want to be ok with not always going all-out and take things slow & sustainable. That way, I'll be there for each new project!

Question of the Day
Favorite Theme Park Snack
Dole Whip or Turkey Leg!

PerGron

1. For passion projects -- either going back to The Enchanted Palace (an adventurers club style fantasy party) from SYWTBAI or North Sea Voyage from 1986. The first was a team project with an idea we were all super passioniate about, and we ended up writing an insane amount for a relatively small scale prompt. For the second, I tried to emulate the OG "storyless" atmospheric Disney rides, like Pirates or Haunted Mansion, for a modern-day setting. Sometimes I have a tendency to "go big" so it was nice to step back and smell roses.

2. Since taking a step back, I am studying architecture, so I have new experiences with building design, codes, and I've gotten skilled with 3D and physical model-making! Excited to share these with ya'll.

3. Consistency -- I can sometimes focus all my energy on one thing, so if work or life get busier, I may take steps back. But this time, I want to be ok with not always going all-out and take things slow & sustainable. That way, I'll be there for each new project!

Dole Whip or Turkey Leg!
the king has returned GIF

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes

Dole Whip or Turkeon board!
Sonic 2 GIF by Sonic The Hedgehog

It's so funny because I sent a few messages to people who I hadn't seen in a while the other day to invite them to join and you were on my list to message and somehow I accidentally skipped you so I'm really glad you found the thread anyway lol

Welcome! Happy to have you onboard!

ThemeParkPriest

A different kind of video from me...

Hey Tiki, we've talked about being on the Spectrum before (for those who don't know, I'm pretty high-functioning). Really sorry to hear that you had such a frustrating experience ordering pizza. They really dropped the ball on this, so it's understandable that you're angry. I hear that many workers nowadays don't really care about performing their work well. So sadly you will probably continue to have bad experiences.

I can share about my day a bit. It was a full day with lots of extra demands put on me. One situation involved a woman leaving a voicemail during my first service (mind you, my office there is only open Tuesday through Thursday). She had left first a vague voicemail on Friday and this one was almost equally vague. Did she want money? Was it an emergency? She made no mention in either voicemail. So hours later today when I had made it through my back-to-back-to-back activities, I went to my office to figure out what she needed. I decided to start off with by saying how I didn't know how to make sense of her voicemails and let her know why it had taken a while to respond. Well, she was disappointed that I didn't know what was wrong (after all, she had left a long voicemail on my secretary's office phone). And no, it wasn't an emergency but we got my visit to her mom (neither belong to my church) scheduled for Wednesday. Anyways, it just felt like a no-win situation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom