Cirque Du Soleil

MrPromey

Originally posted by DMC-12

:lol: does Intel own them:confused: really I dont know...I dont think they do..

I have never seen blue man group here in chicago cause they are like sold out 3 months in advance....and I refuse to pay at least double face value from a broker.

Yes, I’m pretty sure they keep them in cages at night.

Talsonic

Account Suspended
Originally posted by MrPromey

Talsonic, you make it sound like Ringling Brothers based on that description alone. :p

… And you are the very first person that I’ve ever met that didn’t love it. Are you sure you saw the right show? ;)

Sorry I didn't mean to imply that it was "The Greatest Show On Earth". I would rank La Nouba with "Cats" (I didn't care for that either).

MrPromey

Originally posted by DMC-12

And poke them with sticks?

Hmm, I haven’t heard anything about that. Sounds like a falsely propagated rumor to me. I’ll check on it and let you know but I wouldn’t hold and belief in it till I find confirmation… I do know that they have on occasion, connected battery jumper cables to the cages and attached the other ends to a generator a few times to get them out and performing. If you’ve ever wondered, that’s why they have no hair and always seem wide-eyed.

Dizknee_Phreek

you're not the only one, Talsonic! when i first started watching Cirque du Soleil on Bravo, my mom and sister hated it! they thought it was weird...they still do, actually. my dad likes it though, so thank goodness i had someone to take me to La Nouba and pay for my ticket (ALWAYS nice to have a parent with the same interests! :D ) personally, i DO think La Nouba is one of the greatest shows on earth, and i really think mom and my sister are missing out on something wonderful...but that's just me! i'm just the type of person that likes that sort of thing! :)

KevinPage

It was my least favorite of the 3 lives shows I've seen. Mystre in Vegas being my favorite & Dralion as #2

Thats not to say this was bad, it was good. And we going to see it again this weekend when my sister is in town.

BTW, my sister saw "O" at the Bellagio and still thought Mystre was the best.

Kevin Page

wee-haggis

I think I can honestly say its one of the best entertainment shows i've ever seen.
The stuff that these folk do is incredible and the good thing is that everyone gets an excellent unobstructed view.
I thought at first it was a bit pricey...but after coming out I realized that it was worth every penny.

MrPromey

Originally posted by Dizknee_Phreek
you're not the only one, Talsonic! when i first started watching Cirque du Soleil on Bravo, my mom and sister hated it! they thought it was weird...they still do, actually. my dad likes it though, so thank goodness i had someone to take me to La Nouba and pay for my ticket (ALWAYS nice to have a parent with the same interests! :D ) personally, i DO think La Nouba is one of the greatest shows on earth, and i really think mom and my sister are missing out on something wonderful...but that's just me! i'm just the type of person that likes that sort of thing! :)

Of course, I don’t have to tell you that there is so much more to seeing something like this live. Too bad you can’t convince them of it, right? Oh well, if nothing else, you guys have at least an extra $130 to spend while you’re down here as a result, right? ;)

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by MrPromey

Of course, I don’t have to tell you that there is so much more to seeing something like this live. Too bad you can’t convince them of it, right? Oh well, if nothing else, you guys have at least an extra $130 to spend while you’re down here as a result, right? ;)

i couldn't agree more! seeing it on tv was amazing to me, but it's nothing in comparison of seeing it live! yeah, it is too bad i can't get mom and my sister to see it....but you're definately right! it just meant an extra $130 to spend on over stuff! :D

bgraham34

I want to see this really bad. But I cant justify spending 85 bucks for this. When I can see a broadway play for $50 or less.

MrPromey

Originally posted by bgraham34
I want to see this really bad. But I cant justify spending 85 bucks for this. When I can see a broadway play for $50 or less.

Two things:

First, this is in it's own category. I'm not aware of any Broadway shows that have had the luxury of an entire building being erected from the ground up around the design of an individual show. La Nuba is not a show that would be able to tour because it would be impossible to erect this set in a tent or a traditional theater.... On another note, the music is all live, similar to a Broadway show and the cast is truly international (just about every act comes from a different country) This isn't like going to see Ringling. In I paid about the same price to see Rent as I did to see this show. I liked both and considered both well worth the money but I'll tell you, where the money went was a lot more obvious in this show. :)

Second, where did you get $85 from? It's not that expensive. :)

rwkoehler

How do I get the La Nouba CD?

I'm going to see La Nouba near Thanksgiving. It was recommended that I get the CD before I go.

How do I get the CD? I assume that each version of Cirque du Soleil (Vegas, Orlando, etc.) has its own music, right?

zdonahue

Yes - each has their own music cd's and video's. All are readily available in the gift shop, even the other shows.

Enjoy it - the show is great!!

Maria

Re: How do I get the La Nouba CD?

Originally posted by rwkoehler
I'm going to see La Nouba near Thanksgiving. It was recommended that I get the CD before I go.

How do I get the CD? I assume that each version of Cirque du Soleil (Vegas, Orlando, etc.) has its own music, right?

Have they released the Cd already? I wanted it when I saw it but they didn´t have it yet. If they do now, I want one too!!

I am going to see "Alegria", the touring company in Mexico City next month!! :sohappy:

Dizknee_Phreek

Re: Re: How do I get the La Nouba CD?

Originally posted by Maria

Have they released the Cd already? I wanted it when I saw it but they didn´t have it yet. If they do now, I want one too!!

I am going to see "Alegria", the touring company in Mexico City next month!! :sohappy:

yeah, it's out now. they were selling them before and after the show when i saw it last year. i'm gonna have to remember to get one when i go next month! i've been planning on it for a while, but i nearly forgot until i saw this thread just now!

oh, have fun! i've always wanted to see Alegria live! :D

SpectroMan

I love the music from the Crique shows, and my parents and friends can't stand them! If you like soundtracks or foreign music, then you'll love their music. If you do, then I would suggest buying La Nouba or Alegria and then venture into some of their more interesting (but strange) soundtracks like "O" and Mystere. Get the CD before you go see the show, it will allow you to enjoy the show much better. I know they sell the CDs on their web site (cirquedusoleil.com), at their gift shops, at Virgin Megastores, and at Best Buy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom