Cirque Du Soleil

RPMdfw

Originally posted by CAPTAIN HOOK
I have read alot of good press about the show and heard a lot of favourable comments, but I have to agree with ROSIE.CA - the tickets are very expensive.

Actually, when you compare it to similar entertainment, it is about on par with everything else. As mentioned above, both LasVegas Cirque shows are more expensive, and in these days of $100 a seat for a Broadway Show, or up to $75 for a touring production, $67 isn't out of line at all. Quality live entertainment by talented, trained professionals with sets, costumes, lights, and special effects isn't cheap to produce. I personally think the only way that La Nouba keeps its costs in line with a ticket as low as $67 is the fact that being at WDW is such a draw, that they play to more consistantly full houses. (Which plays a huge role in ticket prices.)

Just my two cents worth . . .

ToTBellHop

you can get tickets up to six months in advance; if you are going during a peak season or on a weekend, it's probably a good idea to get tickets ahead of time; request seats in the 200 level section, as a lot of this show is up high, so the view from that vantage point is great.

bearboysnc

It seems every time i go to see a Cirque show it's closed.

FYI According to the WDW rehab page:Cirque Du Soleil - dark (closed) from July 22 - 25; September 9 - 12.

bamboo7

Originally posted by RPMdfw

Actually, when you compare it to similar entertainment, it is about on par with everything else. As mentioned above, both LasVegas Cirque shows are more expensive, and in these days of $100 a seat for a Broadway Show, or up to $75 for a touring production, $67 isn't out of line at all. Quality live entertainment by talented, trained professionals with sets, costumes, lights, and special effects isn't cheap to produce. I personally think the only way that La Nouba keeps its costs in line with a ticket as low as $67 is the fact that being at WDW is such a draw, that they play to more consistantly full houses. (Which plays a huge role in ticket prices.)

Just my two cents worth . . .

agreed. i had to pay $50 a seat for Penn and Teller

DCA Fan

I haven't seen La Nouba, but the other Cirque shows I've seen, Dralion, Quidam, Saltimbanco, Nouvelle Experience (all on video) have been excellent.

Incidentally, the "rolling hoops" are called German Wheels

Attached is a cool pic of the "Cube Man" from Alegria

Attachments

• alegria_cube.jpg
    alegria_cube.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 111

cj2me

I actually think if you have the Discovery Magic Magic you can use your Magical Wishes to see La Nouba....We say it and LOVED IT!!! It looks like my entire family may be taking a trip again to WDW soon, and we ALL plan on going to see La Nouba.

Attachments

• fantasia.gif
    fantasia.gif
    7.9 KB · Views: 119

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by bman152
I was in Disney in Febuary and i saw Cirque du soleil and i loved it, I just wanted to Know what other people thought of it???

well, i saw 2 other Cirque shows on tv before i decided to see La Nouba. those 2 shows are what made me a Cirque fan for life! so on my familie's trip to WDW in April 2001, my dad and i saw LN (my mom and sister hate Cirque...go fig!) and it is now my favorite Cirque show! i love Cirque on tv, and it astonished me then...but when i saw La Nouba...omg...it was even MORE incredible in person! i'd love to see it again! two thumbs WAY up!!

btw, when i saw it, my dad and i sat on the far right side on the very 1st row...it's no where near the best seats in the house (there were several things that we couldn't see and the trapeze act was a PAIN to watch...literally! especially since the net stretched out above our heads!) but it was just SO awesome cuz all the action was literally right in front of our faces!

Talsonic

Account Suspended
Disney Club Discount

If you are a Disney Club member, you can get a 15% discount for yourself and up to 3 guests. The offer runs until September, 2002. Also, since visitation is still down at WDW I expect additional discounts for La Nouba will be available in October.

mousefan17

Originally posted by bamboo7

are they really only $67 each? i had imagined that they were closer to $100 each. i am interested in going, would i need to get tickets far in advance or anything?

We got our tickets about 5-6 weeks in advance and got row b, (second row) in the center!

Maria

I loved LA Nouba... I think I saw it two or three times. My favorite part was the guy flying with the red drapes... awesome!

I have also heard that Ô in Vegas is AMAZING and I´m planning on seeing it someday soon!

sigsegv

Originally posted by AliciaLuvzDizne
you can usually catch some kind of cirque on A&E

You can, or you can rent/buy the DVDs and they're okay, but it's still nothing compared to the magic of seeing it live.

DW and I saw La Nouba twice and Dralion once. We're going to see Vareaki in Sept. Cirque can be expensive, but it's worth every penny. Don't be fooled by the "circus" part of their name; they are nothing like any circus you've ever seen.

-sig

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by sigsegv

You can, or you can rent/buy the DVDs and they're okay, but it's still nothing compared to the magic of seeing it live.

DW and I saw La Nouba twice and Dralion once. We're going to see Vareaki in Sept. Cirque can be expensive, but it's worth every penny. Don't be fooled by the "circus" part of their name; they are nothing like any circus you've ever seen.

-sig

you couldn't be more right, sig! i was a little wary of it when i first heard of it cuz cirque automatically made me think 'circus' which automatically made me think 'cheap'. those two words couldn't be futher from the truth! it's neither a 'traditional' circus or cheap! it's extremely sophisticated! i'm sure someone has mentioned this, but EVERYTHING is done live...not only the acts, but the music is completely live as well, which makes it so much more powerful! and the strength some of those people have is, for lack of a better word, amazing! this is just one show that can be built up and built up and built up and i highly doubt it would let anyone down! and in my opinion, it's worth so much more then the ticket price...but hey, i'm not gonna complain any there!

btw, sig, i'm a pretty avid Cirque fan, and i've heard of every show they've ever done....but Vareaki seems to be a new one to me (though i haven't checked the site in a while...they could've mentioned it and i've just forgotten the name of it) is it their latest? i think i heard that they were working on a new one. i certainly hope it's better than Dralion...that one's okay, but i've never really been overly impressed by it...though i do watch it everytime i catch it on Bravo.

anyway, bamboo, you can purchase your tickets in advance (as people have said) but you don't HAVE too...at least you don't have to purchase THAT early in advance, unless you're just wanting a REALLY good choice in seating (which i suppose is reason enough) my dad and i saw it April 2001 during Spring Break...he bought our tickets at DTD a few days before we saw it, and we had an ok choice of seating....though if you're traveling with a party bigger than 2, it may be wise to book a few weeks ahead!

sigsegv

Originally posted by Dizknee_Phreek
btw, sig, i'm a pretty avid Cirque fan, and i've heard of every show they've ever done....but Vareaki seems to be a new one to me (though i haven't checked the site in a while...they could've mentioned it and i've just forgotten the name of it) is it their latest? i think i heard that they were working on a new one.

Yes, it is. We're seeing it in Philly and getting VIP seats. Very expensive, but, IMO, worth it.

http://www.cirquedusoleil.com/CirqueDuSoleil/en/shows/touring/varekai

i certainly hope it's better than Dralion...that one's okay, but i've never really been overly impressed by it...though i do watch it everytime i catch it on Bravo.

I hope so too. I was not super impressed with Dralion, but my in-laws were. DW and I liked La Nouba better. Then again, we saw Dralion fairly early in their tour and not so many of the kinks seemed to be worked out.

-sig

bamboo7

Originally posted by sigsegv

Yes, it is. We're seeing it in Philly and getting VIP seats. Very expensive, but, IMO, worth it.

http://www.cirquedusoleil.com/CirqueDuSoleil/en/shows/touring/varekai

I hope so too. I was not super impressed with Dralion, but my in-laws were. DW and I liked La Nouba better. Then again, we saw Dralion fairly early in their tour and not so many of the kinks seemed to be worked out.

-sig

-sig

hmm. now i am tempted to go see it in philly. hmmmm

kevinwyld

Has anyone seen the DVD/video of La Nouba that is available at DTW? I don't think that it is a straight video of the show, but I would be interested in what it does contain.
Thanks in advance.

bman152

Original Poster
Originally posted by kevinwyld
Has anyone seen the DVD/video of La Nouba that is available at DTW? I don't think that it is a straight video of the show, but I would be interested in what it does contain.
Thanks in advance.

its a 45 min. compressed show and it dosent include the bikes or the door act its good though

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by bman152

its a 45 min. compressed show and it dosent include the bikes or the door act its good though

bman's right. i asked the guy who sold it to me about it (before he sold it to me, of course) what it was like, and he said that 80% of the show is on the tape, which i would say is about right. the rest is the creators and such of the show talking about it, which really is quite interesting! i say it's well worth the buy! i bought the tape and the souvenior book to remember my first live Cirque show! because i'm a major penny-pincher, i didn't buy the soundtrack, but i'm going to pick that up when i go back...it's definately one of my fave Cirque soundtracks!!

oh, that's awesome! to everyone seeing Varekai in the near future, have a great time!!:wave:

sig - i'm sure the VIP seats will DEFINATELY be worth it!
omg, there's no doubt that La Nouba is better than Dralion! you're certainly right about that! i'm not sure what it is about Dralion that i don't like...i think it lacked an element of randomness that the others have. sort of like Dralion had a certain theme and they felt like they had to stick with it throughout, which i can completely understand...but personally, i love it when Cirque shows have something in them that have nothing to do, really, with the show....such as the toy train chugging across the floor in La Nouba...it's there and you see it, and even though you might not understand why it's there, it some how works...i love that! another thing is that Dralion just seemed kind of fake from what i saw on Bravo. i mean, you could TELL that the wire was actually helping some of the performers instead of being safety back up. that another thing i love about the other Cirques...thank God they have those safety harnesses and nets, but you can tell that they're obviously doing every bit of the 'act' themselves! there's no wire lifting them up when they jump, and then slowly lowering them to safety! at least from what i've seen, that is. now there could be a reason that Dralion is like this, and i just don't know about it...i dunno! but still, Dralion is definately one of my least faves!
btw, sig, just checked out the link you posted...that show looks awesome! and it sounds SO unique! i'm sure it'll be great! have fun! :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom